[1.0-1.2] P-Music - Adds 26 new fan made songs

Started by Peppsen, May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigheadzach

Been using it for a while on B19 - just add it in its B18 form.

rkagerer

This mod is absolutely amazing.  Thanks so much for your work.  I've tried other additional music track mods and don't like them - they don't fit with the Rimworld theme.  Your tracks mesh beautifully.  The vanilla game is a bit light on variety of tunes and I was getting bored of them.  Your mod infused my game with fresh life.

Kagea

You are a musical genius. It's one thing to create great music but to create great music that fits the vanilla music so well ... just WOW.
I think rkagerer said it perfect it's a breath of fresh air for the game.
Thank you very much for sharing those amazing tracks with us. Your work is very much appreciated! Hell I'm listening to those tracks even outside of rimworld :)

Peppsen

I want to thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement along the way. I initially only composed one song for fun, without the intention of adding it to the game. The whole community was really nice and encouraged me to create this mod, this would have never happened without you guys! After 2 years and 19 songs of my own, I can finally say that I'm done.

Someone once asked me to upload my songs to spotify...

Well now I've done it! :) My RimWorld album should be available on most music streaming services by the end of this week.

Jan2607

OH NOOOOO! No more new songs?  :'(
Your music is really awesome! It fits in the game soundtrack so perfectly. I really can't tell anymore, what songs are vanilla and what are yours :D Never found other mods with music like this.
Thank you for your work!

Quatrosss

Amazing work! Especially i like RimRaid and Code Red. I know you said you are done but.. lets be honest, maybe you will get bored one day and and idea of another song will pop up in you mind. Id love to see 3 or 4 songs with more of a space, sci-fi theme, it would fit amazingly. Once again great work.

Ruisuki

Lets hear it again for rimraid! Love the songs pep hope you eventually come up with more but if not what you put out has been great and Tynan should keep you in mind for Rimworld 2 lol

HSneak

There's a lil' error in "Songs_Gameplay.xml", line 93 had a duplicated </Defs> which caused this : Exception reading Songs_Gameplay.xml as XML: System.Xml.XmlException: End tag cannot appear in this state.  Line 93, position 3.
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadEndTag () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml (System.String xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadableXmlAsset..ctor (System.String name, System.String fullFolderPath, System.String contents) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[Rimworld_dir]\Mods\P-Music\Defs\SongDefs/Songs_Gameplay.xml: unknown parse failure

Namsan

I'm using your music mod from early 2017, and I can say your songs are really immersive and great to listen.
Thanks for making this mod.
Hello

Peppsen

Quote from: HSneak on October 25, 2018, 07:50:42 AM
There's a lil' error in "Songs_Gameplay.xml"

I'm aware of this and fixed it the same day I uploaded it. You can just download the mod again. My bad.

JT

Just popped in to say -- wow.  Phenomenal work.  When I started alphabetically, the little xylophone at the beginning of Alive had me thinking that this was just going to be some cheesy RPG-themed music entirely out of place in RimWorld.

I then discovered that you not only have an appreciation of timing and bridges, but also of synthesis, harmony, and mood, all perfectly thematic with the RimWorld atmosphere and feel.

Truly exceptional.  This is definitely staying in my load order!

(Paired with the new music they added in one of the later alphas/betas, I'm going to have trouble telling who did what, too...)

Rathael

So I normally turn off the music. When I saw someone mention this mod I was "Meh". I downloaded it anyhow to check out. This music is awesome! Could you add a setting in mod options to disable the vanilla music?

Peppsen

Thanks! That's a good idea. But it would require knowledge in coding which I don't possess. I might look into it after I've finished a coding course I'm taking at the moment.

RicRider

Peppsen, maybe you'll appreciate this. It's my recounting of the events leading up to when I first heard 'Alive' after having downloaded your mod.

My main colonist had just got married to the first woman he rescued. During the first couple of years we had all stayed alive and even rescued her mother, his brother and a few other relatives. We were forming a strong little clan in our mountain base.

A few hours after they just got married we got the raid warning. A group of sappers were coming through our beautiful fortificatons that were the front face of our mountain fortress! All 15 of them with frag grenades. We took out a few of them as they approached but it wasn't enough. They blew their way through the walls of the fortress, killed the mother in law, the brother, carried off the bride and the hero made his last stand with a chain shotgun door cheesing as many of them trying to rescue his beloved before they carried her off. Eventually he was taken down and lay on the ground bleeding out while they walked away. That's when the music 'Alive' started.

Will never forget that adventure and I always use your mod now as it adds the perfect feel to every moment!
##Coding Scrub##

Ruisuki