The game is guilt-tripping me!

Started by muffins, June 16, 2016, 04:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffins

Once upon a time I had a happy little colony ... then pirates came.

Two sisters, Hawk and Tail, lead their friends against my poor colonists. I engaged them outside the colony and managed to down Tail. "Oh goodie," I thought, "a prisoner!" and sent my cook, Dekker, to capture the downed pirate.

BOOM! Hawk blows Dekker's leg clean off with her sniper rifle before he could reach Tail. She was obviously just protecting her sister, but damn I wasn't happy about my cook losing his leg. Tail went to the prison, Hawk was driven off, and their friends were butchered and their remains dumped in the hoppers for the prisoner nutrient paste dispenser.

Nothing says "I'm a little displeased with you" like feeding someone their dead friends.

Then Hawk came back with more friends, intending to free her sister, Tail. She died in the attempt and I had her corpse dumped in the corpse freezer, fully intending to butcher her and feed her remains to Tail as well.

Guess who next turns up to assault the colony and free Tails and avenge Hawk?

Her mother.

She died.

At that point I was looking at the corpses of Tail's mother and sister in the corpse freezer, and looking at the human meat in the dispenser hoppers that used to be Tail's friends, and I realised that I couldn't do this anymore. I'd killed her mother, killed her sister and chopped up her friends. I was guilt-tripping pretty hard at that point.

Then Tails loses an arm in a prison break bid.

Guilt-ridden, I'm now building a mausoleum to bury Tail's sister and mother in. If she joins the colony at least I won't have to explain what happened to the corpses now.

Plymouth

Well, they were the ones who attacked for loot and booty, not you  ;)

milon

muffins

In every incarnation RimWorld seems to have it out for poor Tail. Never thought that the character would be an actual paid-for version of a real person. Now I feel even more guilty  ::) A Royal bed, a private cell, carpets and fine meals it is then from now on for poor Tail. She's suffered enough.

Vaporisor

I had one colonist have multiple berserks after Randy was mean.  I arrested while timers went, but went berserk again.  I sent colonist in to unberserk.  It was a colonist she had cut the foot off and he went in using her former weapon though.  She died.  Then my psychopath cut her up to meat instead of putting into a sarcophagus....

I sent the psychopaths into space and built here a pretty memorial and had a funeral with remaining colonists.

By complete coincidence, the statue's art is actually of the event where the colonist went berserk.  Made it extra sad...  Ben was the one that killed her and Cai was the best friend.  They both were from a raid that attacked early on and I was able to recruit them at the same time.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

cultist

I've learned to take most of the deaths in the game in stride by now, but it always hurts a little when I lose my initial colony pet. They always get their own little grave plot somewhere nice.

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

Quote from: cultist on June 17, 2016, 09:40:05 AM
I've learned to take most of the deaths in the game in stride by now, but it always hurts a little when I lose my initial colony pet. They always get their own little grave plot somewhere nice.
I had an asshole of a bear come in one time and hunted the colony cat. The colonist it had bonded to was super sad and lets just say that the bear had 4 very pissed off colonists and another bear named earl brutally murder it. After that feasco my colony cook cut up the cat and feed it to the colonist who bonded with it (and everyone else in the colony). Nothing says "fuck your colonist" like having a bear kill everyone's favorite cat for food then having your cook feed said cat to said colonist like that (besides fuck your colonist =p) rip feista
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Thorbane

I had a massive tribal raid, and in the aftermath I found this lady:

I don't even know...