[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulenaz690

aEverr

Quote from: paulenaz690 on March 31, 2017, 11:30:48 AM
The pipes doesnt connect... What to do?
Maybe its a bug of the mod not seen until now due to the NaNC bug. I don't know XML modding, so I'll start learning to fix this (or maybe the DLL is the problem, I dunno.)
There is also a bug with the industrial coolers not linking to the exhausts.
I wish I knew how to read C# code.
Teach me senpai!

Korn.Mil

Hello, your mod looks amazing but i found difficulties using it, could you please make any tutorials? Its difficult to use this mod

faltonico

Quote from: aEverr on April 01, 2017, 05:55:17 AM
Quote from: paulenaz690 on March 31, 2017, 11:30:48 AM
The pipes doesnt connect... What to do?
Maybe its a bug of the mod not seen until now due to the NaNC bug. I don't know XML modding, so I'll start learning to fix this (or maybe the DLL is the problem, I dunno.)
There is also a bug with the industrial coolers not linking to the exhausts.
I think i know what he meant, but I don't know how to explain it, sometimes, when you place, for instance, a smart outlet on existing ducts and change the channel, the ducts "break" into dashes, they doesn't seem to be connected and stop working. The solution i had for it the second time it happened to me (the first one being a rollback) was to place a duct of the same kind of the "broken" one next to it all around it... when i constructed up to some place the duct got continuous again and resumed working.
It doesn't always happens, it might be related to some mod incompatibilities, and also I had no log for that other than my save file so i didn't report it.

Crossbowman

I had that happen before too, but only on a pre-existing save. Not sure if that's related to you.

Iceman8619

First off, let me say that I absolutely love the ideas that this mod brings to the game. This can truly redefine heating / cooling in the game. However, I currently have not been able to get the ducts working.

I've tried multiple different setups. Personally, the way I envision the HVAC setup in my base is, rather than simply venting the heat (assuming you are in a temperate area) I'd rather recycle it through my system and output it to indoor greenhouses, traps (infestations, raiders, etc) and other areas of my base. This seems doable with this mod.

However, I've yet to find a system to allow that setup to happen. I've tried adding 5x+ intake ducts for the Industrial Cooler so that air (14 C from a 4x10 room) flows into the cooler, is cooled down and then output into the lower ducts. The Industrial Cooler was set to -10C. I then then setup the exhaust to flow into the upper ducts. Initially I tried venting the upper ducts outside into an non-roofed wide-open area via output ducts. The exhaust ducts showed 0 flow. I then added 5x air intakes (14C initial Temp) to the system to push air into the exhaust and generate flow to push the hot air out into the open area.

While this worked in practice, the industrial cooler was still not cooling down the air enough to cool down a 5x6 room that was initially at 14C. to -10 C or even 0C. I added additional output ducts into the room (using the 1x input -> 4x output  ratio). This still was not cooling the room.

The room itself was separated from the cooling area by a 3 tile hallway and was insulated with 3 granite walls (6 tiles in total separation). I double-checked and ensured that all ducts were correctly setup to the appropriate duct and that everything was powered and active.

While I love this mod and the work that has been done, the ducts currently do seem to have issues. I greatly look forward to seeing further progression of this mod as I know it will be a great addition to my base.

If anyone has any suggestions for me to try, I am more than open to them. Thanks!

faltonico

@Iceman8619
Post an snapshot of your setup, maybe somebody can help you make it work.

Iceman8619

Quote from: faltonico on April 10, 2017, 12:56:10 AM
@Iceman8619
Post an snapshot of your setup, maybe somebody can help you make it work.

I posted an imgur gallery of my setup. I also tried to put descriptions of the images as well as display relevant information. I appreciate the assistance. I'm trying to make sure that I have the correct understanding of how this mod is intended to function. Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/P0UsS

faltonico

I couldn't make the cycle thru the network button in the industrial cooler nor the heater to work. I had never used it before and now that i tested it i couldn't. It might as well be broken, Morgloz please correct me if not, so, the setup you are trying to make probably can't be achieved, but, if somebody else can, please tell me how =)

Something that does work though, make it so the industrial cooler cools a room and not the network (like your freezer) and draw cool air from there to your base using an isolated duct separated from the cooler, the more exhausts ports you place on the cooler, the more it cools (up to 6), use smart vents to set the temperature you want on the rooms you want to cool.
Don't try to use the network to vent the ports, i had to use 5 of each outlet/inlet for the cooler to start to cool, and the moment i sent cool air to another room, it immediately heated too much, it seems to me that the flow of the outlets/inlets is just derisory.

The draw back to that is that you need the exhaust ports to be outdoors, otherwise the room they are in heat a lot, and it consumes a lot of power compared to the base game coolers, and of course the known NaNC bug (that apparently is fixed by aEverr).

Iceman8619

Alright I'm glad I had a decent understanding of things after all. I did get things working via cooling the room. Unfortunately, as you say, this means that the exhaust has to exhaust outdoors or to a "vent" shaft that will vent it to the exterior of the base. This really isn't any better than the setup I already came up with before (aside from the smart vents which will allow the rooms to stay at a near constant temp). Hopefully this mod will continue to grow and expand. I absolutely love the idea behind it. It really should be a part of the vanilla game imo.

Ruisuki

So whats the biigger issue with the mod, the bugs people have reported or that the temperature benefits at the moment arent enough to warrant the labour/design space investment?

Iceman8619

It isn't that it is not worth it. It can most definitely be worth it depending on your base's needs. What I'm saying is the ductwork is not working as intended in certain situations. Obviously there is intent for the cooler and exhaust to be able to directly use the ductwork for the flow of cool and warm air. That's why a toggle switch added on these devices to toggle between the room and the network. There are also toggles to toggle between the upper and lower ducts. Once the ducts are working in this fashion, this will be an essential mod for me as I will use it in every play through. Currently, setting it up to vent the exhaust directly to the outside or into an empty shaft that vents outside is exactly what I'm already doing so that isn't any different for me. The flow through the ducts to the rooms and smart vents will be nice for heatwaves / volcanic winters. As far as the bugs reported by others, I haven't experienced the NaNC but. I am, however, using the updated .dll file provided earlier in this post. That might be why I haven't seen it manifest.

Canute

So far i read and my own expierence, the cooler can't cool into network. There is no flow. You shouldn't use these feature just cool the room.
And the ducts arn't that effective like at the past or at HCSK. But it is working. Maybe at the next release it is better.

Man_Jones

Is there a know issue where for some reason if you add the mod to a save (not one that has had the mod before)  any ways what happens when I try to use the industrial heater it doesn't work at all. Also it looks as if the duct work doesn't connect to each other. Not sure if there is anything I can do.