Verse.Log:Message(String)
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Equalize()
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Also, can you make it so it ticks as rarely as possible? For performance sake?
Ops! I'll hide it, but I might wait to do more changes to the code before drafting a new release. They tick at the same rate as the vanilla temperature buildings, as far as I know
My mods:
RedistHeat

faltonico

Thank you for checking that out!
I tested it for a little while, ductwork seems to be working as intended, i couldn't make it work in A16 (or i'm just that dumb). But now, I can have an industrial cooler to cool a room directly thru the network and not by first attaching it to a room.
I haven't tested the efficiency though, that was a major setback for me as well in the A16 version.

Again thank you for maintaining this mod, it is really handy!

hoaxdream

i have a question about the stable temp of industrial cooler/heater, i did a test of same size of 2 room 7x7, the first room have 1 medium cooler and the other have 1 industrial cooler, i set both to -30c, the medium has a stable temp of -29 to -30c while the industrial cooler temp is flactuating to -27c to -30c and sometimes droping to -26c, i think it's weird that medium is better than industrial considering the amount of steel needed for industrial is huge which is 300 steel compared to medium 90 steel, for now i build medium as i got stable temp with that one with the cost of low needed steel

Canute

When a single medium cooler is enough to cool the room, why do you think to build an industrial one ? You should compare it in a room which need 3 medium coolers.
But basicly you right, the reaction of the industrial could be better so he keep the temp. closer by the -30C.

hoaxdream

Quote from: Canute on July 09, 2017, 03:15:27 AM
When a single medium cooler is enough to cool the room, why do you think to build an industrial one ? You should compare it in a room which need 3 medium coolers.
But basicly you right, the reaction of the industrial could be better so he keep the temp. closer by the -30C.

obviously industrial cooler's purpose is for bigger room sizes hence it should be easily for it, to cool a small room, the logic is the smaller one can do it why not the bigger one which is better

Canute

Sorry your logic isn't complete. Not allways is bigger better in any way. Ind. cooler can/should cool a larger room with less power then you would need then with regular coolers.
From the expierence of RL, bigger is mosttimes slower in responce, heavy mashines need longer time to get at the working speed to 100%. Maybe this behavior comes into this mod too, lets wait what morgloz say about it.

hoaxdream

Quote from: Canute on July 09, 2017, 04:32:16 AM
Sorry your logic isn't complete. Not allways is bigger better in any way. Ind. cooler can/should cool a larger room with less power then you would need then with regular coolers.
From the expierence of RL, bigger is mosttimes slower in responce, heavy mashines need longer time to get at the working speed to 100%. Maybe this behavior comes into this mod too, lets wait what morgloz say about it.
lol im sorry too,i think you misunderstood what im trying to say here,i didn't say that the bigger is always better, i just said that the "smaller one can do it why not the bigger one which is better" the upgraded version of medium cooler, more superior, that's why you upgrade because it's more powerful, btw i also test it in bigger room, and same result not stable temp, it is always flactuating like i said from my previous post and that is my point here temp is flactuating compared to regular coolers which is stable, and maybe it's true that heavy machine takes longer time to get working 100%, but i did my test on the coolers 10 days in-game time and came up with same result. and yes that's what im trying to do from the very start, waiting only for the author's response.

Morgloz

Quote from: hoaxdream on July 08, 2017, 11:13:24 PM
i have a question about the stable temp of industrial cooler/heater, i did a test of same size of 2 room 7x7, the first room have 1 medium cooler and the other have 1 industrial cooler, i set both to -30c, the medium has a stable temp of -29 to -30c while the industrial cooler temp is flactuating to -27c to -30c and sometimes droping to -26c, i think it's weird that medium is better than industrial considering the amount of steel needed for industrial is huge which is 300 steel compared to medium 90 steel, for now i build medium as i got stable temp with that one with the cost of low needed steel

I implanted hysteresis in the industrial heater/cooler so they are not on high power consumption all time, in fact, the industrial cooler can cool way more than -30C
My mods:
RedistHeat

hoaxdream

Quote from: Morgloz on July 09, 2017, 07:43:41 AM
Quote from: hoaxdream on July 08, 2017, 11:13:24 PM

I implanted hysteresis in the industrial heater/cooler so they are not on high power consumption all time, in fact, the industrial cooler can cool way more than -30C

thanks, but i know that it can cool more than -30c i just set it to -30c for stable temp testing and comparing to the other cooler. is it possible to make the cooler to have stable temp? for sample i set it to -200c the temp is fluctuating to -196 to -200 unlike the medium cooler its stable -199c to -200c, btw i did a test on a 2 large room size, 20x medium cooler and on the other room 20x indust cooler both set at -200 target temp.

tobi1449

Correction: Smart Duct Outlets seem to eat both upper and lower ducts laid in their square when switching them between upper and lower.

Nafensoriel

Quote from: hoaxdream on July 09, 2017, 08:25:06 AM
/snipsnip

thanks, but i know that it can cool more than -30c i just set it to -30c for stable temp testing and comparing to the other cooler. is it possible to make the cooler to have stable temp? for sample i set it to -200c the temp is fluctuating to -196 to -200 unlike the medium cooler its stable -199c to -200c, btw i did a test on a 2 large room size, 20x medium cooler and on the other room 20x indust cooler both set at -200 target temp.

Earlier in the thread morgolz mentioned he uses hysteresis with some of these systems. This would practically simulate how large air systems operate in real life.

The best example I can give is looking at how two wheels operate.. One being directly connected to the motor(like eletric) and one being connected via a transmission and other associated gears like a car.  The direct connected engine typically will have a smaller adjustment range but will respond faster when power is applied. The transmission connected wheel will take significantly longer for energy to reach the wheel but will have more overall selection in how to apply that power once running.

Basically a smaller cooler/heater is quick but can't cool very well..
A large cooler/heater on the other hand has to rev up to operating temp and is thus slower but it can cool significantly more.

This plays out well in game with the mod.. if you are seeing wild temp fluctuations with a large cooler you might have installed it long before you actually needed that power.

moonra

I'm getting a constant

Exception ticking RedistHeat_DuctIntake197237: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp.Equalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)

RedistHeat: DuctOutlet count 432 pushers 16 pullers 16 force 4 result 4.523601
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Equalize()
RedistHeat.Building_DuctComp:Tick()

spam on the debug log when I set heaters to network. I had a few Smart Outputs connected to the network but it wasn't working, so I read that you need an Input to generate flow, so when I added it that spam started.

copious

Not a single video or pic anywhere that makes any sense about this mod. Looked everywhere. I know I'm not using it well.

manelmp66

In the first page has a video link.
Not totally explanatory, but for a first approach is ok

copious

I think im relatively intelligent. That video is cancerous. A simple picture of someones base showing its implementation would suffice.