[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

Delete your anty-virus and malware, and add a plugin to your browser that blocks adds and/or scripts, since if your malware and anty virus dont have such thing they are just power/process wasters.
Did just test each download link and they work fine, didnt get anything else than the download, not even odd package request from the site.
All i do is clutter all around.

Flarestarchild

I downloaded this and Alpha 3 fresh and this mod makes the Sun Lamps disappear from the game completely. Just thought that should be brought up.

Architect

They shouldn't disappear, but the texture should change. However, I will look into it as soon as I get home from work just to make sure :P Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

As for the AdFly links, I don't actually use them for gaining money as many people might normally. With only about 20 downloads today, I make about $0.04 a day XD I quite like seeing statistical information, and AdFly allows me to see what links get the most downloads, what countries the downloads come from, how much each individual click is worth, and makes nice graphs for me :D

If enough people take issue with AdFly, then I will go without it, but I have already gone to the trouble of setting up stuff on my own fathers website to avoid any ads other than those of AdFly, and I really do like my statistics :P If it helps, I'll add a little download guide so that people know only to click the skip add button at the top right hand corner of the screen when they can.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

pokemonfirer

would it be possible for using the belts for hauling rocks (debris) and slag as thats kinda one thing i hoped to use it for

Architect

Quote from: pokemonfirer on April 11, 2014, 03:58:52 AM
would it be possible for using the belts for hauling rocks (debris) and slag as thats kinda one thing i hoped to use it for

Possibly, I will definitely look into it, but I cannot remember if they are classed as items or not. I'm sure I'll figure something out XD

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

pokemonfirer

if not is it possible to make belts for them then? because it would be alot more useful for moving alot of rocks back to the base for crafting :)

Architect

I'll most certainly see what i can do for you :)

iame6162013

That's a nice mod u have there ... it's So nice
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

PunisheR007

Quote from: Flarestarchild on April 11, 2014, 01:38:04 AM
I downloaded this and Alpha 3 fresh and this mod makes the Sun Lamps disappear from the game completely. Just thought that should be brought up.

Thats what i have found, i researched outdoor lights and the flood lamp is basically the sun lamp, but it doesn't provide enough light for the hydroponics to grow.

Ribas

Trying for download and...

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit

wzncx

Architect

My fault entirely in afraid, forgot to ask for better broadband privileges. Ill put up a download from my dropbox in the mean time until the main one comes back up later today. Sorry guys

Architect

OK, should all be working now. As for those having an issue with sun lamps, I have a fix for them already. I'm just adding in more features currently so that an update is actually worth it. Do people feel that an update is necessary right away, or would some of you guys mind waiting until later today or possibly even tomorrow?

Oh, and for the guy who wanted to be able to move more stuff with his conveyor belts, now literally everything your colonists can pick up, the belts will move :D

madpluck

Quote from: Architect on April 12, 2014, 05:43:08 AM
Do people feel that an update is necessary right away, or would some of you guys mind waiting until later today or possibly even tomorrow?

Well I can wait but I'm currently playing without the mod because I need those sunlamps for my indoor farms! Or are they accidentally locked with one of the added research-lines?

Sheenariel

Quote from: madpluck on April 12, 2014, 09:00:11 AM
Quote from: Architect on April 12, 2014, 05:43:08 AM
Do people feel that an update is necessary right away, or would some of you guys mind waiting until later today or possibly even tomorrow?

Well I can wait but I'm currently playing without the mod because I need those sunlamps for my indoor farms! Or are they accidentally locked with one of the added research-lines?

You cna unlock them through a research, but even wit hthe newest version, nothing is brightly lit with any lamp, at least in my game :(