[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iame6162013

Quote from: Sheenariel on April 12, 2014, 09:10:50 AM
Quote from: madpluck on April 12, 2014, 09:00:11 AM
Quote from: Architect on April 12, 2014, 05:43:08 AM
Do people feel that an update is necessary right away, or would some of you guys mind waiting until later today or possibly even tomorrow?

Well I can wait but I'm currently playing without the mod because I need those sunlamps for my indoor farms! Or are they accidentally locked with one of the added research-lines?

You cna unlock them through a research, but even wit hthe newest version, nothing is brightly lit with any lamp, at least in my game :(

that ain't true! a normal lamp will do that. :/
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Architect

I think i know why, and if that is the case then an urgent fix is needed. I'm at a party right now, so you guys better appreciate how incredibly unsociable I'm about to look getting my laptop out and making the fix work properly :P

Look back here in a few hours though, because progress is gonna be slow...
Or not, infinitely easier to fix than I expected, try again in about an hour :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

iame6162013

Quote from: Architect on April 12, 2014, 11:29:47 AM
I think i know why, and if that is the case then an urgent fix is needed. I'm at a party right now, so you guys better appreciate how incredibly unsociable I'm about to look getting my laptop out and making the fix work properly :P

Look back here in a few hours though, because progress is gonna be slow...
Or not, infinitely easier to fix than I expected, try again in about an hour :P

Woot ;p
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Sheenariel

Well, there is a quick and dirty fix... I simply unroofed the room... not as efficient as 24h lamp indoors but still produced more than enough food and was safe from any danger :) ... okay, until I had a fire and nobody did care as I forgot to homezone a part of it :(

alfacom

Hi. I found a way to regain the ability of solar lamp to be suitable for hydroponics. You need a Lighting.xml file that lay in Mods\BetterPower+\Defs\ThingDefs folder. Just change the line <canOverLight>true</canOverLight> on <overlightRadius>7.1</overlightRadius> in the end of the file.
With love, Russian hacker :)

OmegaConstruct

Is it just me, or do the "sun lamps" not put out enough light to grow plants inside? No matter how many sun lamps I use, it only ever says that the area is "lit" and not "brightly lit".

wzncx

Quote from: alfacom on April 12, 2014, 09:06:14 PM
Hi. I found a way to regain the ability of solar lamp to be suitable for hydroponics. You need a Lighting.xml file that lay in Mods\BetterPower+\Defs\ThingDefs folder. Just change the line <canOverLight>true</canOverLight> on <overlightRadius>7.1</overlightRadius> in the end of the file.
With love, Russian hacker :)
I have fixed the issue, great thanks.

Architect

Yeah, alfacom has the right answer. The way lighting was handled got changed both hardcoded and in XML in one of the last releases of alpha 3 test builds, and I never got a chance to track down all of the issues. Sorry about not putting out the update yesterday, I'd almost finished it and I managed to get involved in a very strange chess drinking game :/ I'm just making the finishing changes now and uploading it all with the fixes and a few new features later today. 8 am forum time or there abouts.

I'm incredibly unhappy about how long it took me to fix this, as I've discovered some rather serious bugs which need urgently addressing. However, I'm uploading a fix for the latest issues plus a few extra features which you can see in the change log. For all those having an issue with conveyor belts, I apologise greatly, and fixing the issue where colonists chase the items around the map is now my highest priority.

Again, I apologise for the lateness of this update.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

TimMartland

The wire is both really overpowered and really underpowered. How? Well, when you set them up the idiot AI stands in the wire as it builds it sometimes. The wire does such insane damage it outright kills the colonist 70% of the time. Once its set up though all the enemies just path around it, making it kinda useless.

Its alright for putting distance between your embrasures and the swarms of rock-throwers though. Also, BoomRats seem magically drawn to them, resulting in some 'explosive' incidents.

'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

iame6162013

Quote from: TimMartland on April 13, 2014, 02:26:47 PM
The wire is both really overpowered and really underpowered. How? Well, when you set them up the idiot AI stands in the wire as it builds it sometimes. The wire does such insane damage it outright kills the colonist 70% of the time. Once its set up though all the enemies just path around it, making it kinda useless.

Its alright for putting distance between your embrasures and the swarms of rock-throwers though. Also, BoomRats seem magically drawn to them, resulting in some 'explosive' incidents.

of course the AI says don't walk there why woud u think they woud do that?

Architect

If I put a delay on the barbed wire so that it can only cause damage to a colonist a little while after it has been created, will that solve the issues you have been having? It would be a save compatible fix too.

Ender

Quote from: Architect on April 13, 2014, 03:20:28 PM
If I put a delay on the barbed wire so that it can only cause damage to a colonist a little while after it has been created, will that solve the issues you have been having? It would be a save compatible fix too.

whilst i haven't had this issue, mainly because i haven't used the barbed wire yet, that would make sense, as it almost symbolizes the barbed wire powering up, and or simply the fact that your colonist isn't a complete idiot in that you don't kill yourself with your own barbed wire.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Architect

In that case I'll do that, but unless there are any more glaring issues, I'm not gonna do another release after it until I have some solidly awesome features to throw in, which is gonna take some time :P

lazerlogic

The only issue i have is that they dont build the solar panel !

Architect

Quote from: lazerlogic on April 13, 2014, 04:38:34 PM
The only issue i have is that they dont build the solar panel !

What do you mean specifically may I ask? Just tested now and my colonists build solar panels A OK, and my mod doesnt actually change solar panels in anyway. Could the problem be to do with another mod?