[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on April 30, 2014, 11:19:03 AM
Hello, creator of this fine mod. Perhaps you could add a way to plug (remove) steam geyser vents (SGV), that asteroids create. I have probably a dozen of them already on my map. One of them appeared in my colonists' kitchen, which was not pleasant. What are the details regarding the occurrence of an asteroid? Is there some maximum or will I have my map filled with SGVs if I play long enough?

Hello, appreciator of this fine mod :P There is indeed a way, if you open up the mod in your mods folder, go to defs, incident defs, and then lower the <chance> tag, it should happen less frequently :)

However, if you could provide me with some information regarding your game, that would be really appreciated, because some people are having an issue with frequency, and some are not. So:
What story teller are you using?
How long is your current game?
How many times has the event occurred in that time?
What version of RimWorld are you running?
What version of BetterPower+ are you running?

Those questions are just to help me discern what is different between people who do have the issue and people who dont, so I can try and make fixes :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

daft73

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on April 30, 2014, 11:19:03 AM
... I have probably a dozen of them already on my map. One of them appeared in my colonists' kitchen, which was not pleasant....
Wow, the luck some of you are having is strange. I've gone over 100+ days and have maybe 2ish fall from the sky. One in the kitchen, well you won't have to worry about running out of power.. ::) ;D

Architect

All these reports of them landing inside people's bases... I definitely need to revise the code so that they cannot go inside bases unless the rock roof is only thin XD

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

dd0029

I wonder if some of these are "outdoor" bases. I know I've switched to non dug in bases to up the challenge and am finding all sorts of new challenges.

daft73

Quote from: dd0029 on April 30, 2014, 02:03:42 PM
I wonder if some of these are "outdoor" bases. I know I've switched to non dug in bases to up the challenge and am finding all sorts of new challenges.
I build in the middle-ish..still have not had the 'bad' luck of too many asteroids. It is all chance atm.

Architect

Well, if I ever get feedback from the people that currently have the issues other than the fact the issues, I'll let you know what the causes are, and what I can do to fix them XD

joey4track

For some reason my guys won't haul the nuclear waste? I have a zone set for it but they won't do it, even if I try to force them it doesn't gimmie the option.

Architect

They are debris like the slag or rock debris. You need to designate them for hauling with the haul order in the architect menu, then you will get the choice to force a colonist to do it :) Just treat them like you would normal debris.

joey4track

Quote from: Architect on May 01, 2014, 03:36:23 AM
They are debris like the slag or rock debris. You need to designate them for hauling with the haul order in the architect menu, then you will get the choice to force a colonist to do it :) Just treat them like you would normal debris.
Yep, what I'm saying is I did that and they still won't haul it and it doesn't give me the option too either when I click on any of my haulers. Now the zone I have set is only set to pick up waste and no other debris but that shouldn't matter right? And on top of it I also have another zone set for all the kinds of debris(including waste) and they still won't touch it.

Architect

Quote from: joey4track on May 01, 2014, 10:30:00 AM
Quote from: Architect on May 01, 2014, 03:36:23 AM
Yep, what I'm saying is I did that and they still won't haul it and it doesn't give me the option too either when I click on any of my haulers. Now the zone I have set is only set to pick up waste and no other debris but that shouldn't matter right? And on top of it I also have another zone set for all the kinds of debris(including waste) and they still won't touch it.

I see, that is strange :/ Are you sure your colonists are all haulers, and can path to the hauling zones? You must bare in mind that there is nuclear waste and depleted nuclear waste, not just one type.

CrazyCoco

So, I've been trying to find me the coal miner so I can get an alternative power source. However, I got the research that was required (according to the wiki), and yet I still can't get the coal miner.
http://puu.sh/8wRm4.jpg
There's a picture of what I've researched, and also my buildings tab so you can see that I have the coal feeder and burner...just not the miner.

I've been looking for answers to this for the past little bit, and found nothing. Any help?

EDIT: Never mind about that! Turns out I needed to go deeper in the digging techtree.

decomg

Great mod, thank you very much. working 100%   ;D

Evmeister

I'm using Industrial RIM with this mod but I like and want to use for both, or at least for Alpha 3F. I know at the current stage you guys aren't really doing compatibility yet, so I was wondering what I would need to make wire spools? I just started a modded game and was wondering what direction I need to research and build. Please and thank you sir!

mrofa

Just installed it and frankly i have no idea whats most of the stuff is for, i would suggest make some video explaning it
All i do is clutter all around.

Evmeister

I actually found the Tinkers table make allows creation of the wire spool resource. For anybody new that's going to use BetterPower+ and Industrial RIM.