[MOD] (Alpha 7) Workplaces (1.7.0 / 01.10.2014)

Started by Haplo, March 03, 2014, 05:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

OK,  ok. Don't rush the old ones.
I'll do that soon(tm) ;)

JKTD1919

I'm "not allowed" to reach the Project Armory 2.06 patch add-on. Maybe the link just doesn't work?
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Haplo

Ok, I'll update the link (and everything else) as soon as PA is updated to alpha 5 :)

Morrigi

Haplo

Just to feed the Trolls:
The PA extension is updated.

Kais23

So I don't know if its just me or not but I can't seem to be able to build the minigun. =/ There isn't a way to select it to build, and I notice that it is in the code, so idk whats wrong.

Haplo

I've removed it from the list, because it is a weapon of the mechanoids right now.

Sakata

Hey Haplo. Just something I've noticed, I can't seem to make the M24 with this mod.  Seems to want wood planks which are not in the game anymore.

Nibiru1221

(Running Alpha 5d)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I added this mod into an existing game then once I activated it then my game crashed.. and I couldn't even start the game after.

So I backed up my saved game and installed the game fresh into another folder then added this mod only and then my game would not even run. I execute the 'rimworld' icon and the game window opens but it never loads the actual game.

Then if I remove this mod from my game then my game runs with no problem.

Since no one else reported any problems then I'm curious what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Haplo

Do you use the extension without the base mod?
Can you post the output_log.txt please? In there is normally the reason logged.
You can find it in the subfolder RimWorldxyz_data..

Spare74

I tried the mod today with the extension and on the weapon workplace I can craft every vanilla weapon but none of the PA mod, am I doing something wrong ?
(I have the main mod and the extension activated)

Orreborreman

About the M24 problem, I found the issue, it's in Mods - Workplaces - Defs - RecipeDefs - Recipe_Weaponsmith_Weapons.
If you scroll down to M24 Rifle, it wants MetalBars, Uranium and WoodLog, BUT, accepted resources are Metalbars SILVER and Uranium, so Silver has to be changed to woodlog (or change woodlog for silver in what it requires) Hope it helps.

Haplo

Quote from: Spare74 on July 14, 2014, 09:02:22 PM
I tried the mod today with the extension and on the weapon workplace I can craft every vanilla weapon but none of the PA mod, am I doing something wrong ?

No, you didn't do anything wrong. Workplaces for PA does support the SMELTING of the PA weapons right now, but not the CRAFTING of them. As the writing of the crafting code is a huge workload, I haven't done it.
Maybe when I have a whole bunch of free time, but until then it only supports the smelting of your excess weapons and crafting of the vanilla weapons.

Quote from: Orreborreman on July 15, 2014, 03:09:01 AM
About the M24 problem, I found the issue, it's in Mods - Workplaces - Defs - RecipeDefs - Recipe_Weaponsmith_Weapons.
If you scroll down to M24 Rifle, it wants MetalBars, Uranium and WoodLog, BUT, accepted resources are Metalbars SILVER and Uranium, so Silver has to be changed to woodlog (or change woodlog for silver in what it requires) Hope it helps.

Ok, found it. Thanks for the catch. I'll update the mod shortly :)

Spare74

Quote from: Haplo on July 15, 2014, 03:34:00 AM
Quote from: Spare74 on July 14, 2014, 09:02:22 PM

No, you didn't do anything wrong. Workplaces for PA does support the SMELTING of the PA weapons right now, but not the CRAFTING of them. As the writing of the crafting code is a huge workload, I haven't done it.
Maybe when I have a whole bunch of free time, but until then it only supports the smelting of your excess weapons and crafting of the vanilla weapons.

Oh okay, I'll take a quick look at the code, see if I can figure out how to make a few gun craftable ;)

Haplo

I'm working on something for my misc mod, which can be used to create weapons (a nano printer ;) )