Alpha 15 unstable branch testing feedback

Started by Tynan, August 17, 2016, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NolanSyKinsley

Quote from: Kruisboog on August 23, 2016, 02:03:17 PM
Latest build broke my .72 save. Something to do with drug policies i believe. Keep getting red text and the screen where you can asign policies is bugged out.
Is that as expected or a bug?
And yes i don't mind if my save is screwed, happens with dev builds.

It is expected, but I think a few pages back someone had a solution to the issue, requires editing the save file.

MikeLemmer

I think the low-level addictions (marijuana, beer) need different Mental Breaks than the Sad Wander. Here's my suggestions:

Breakdown: Victim heads to a gathering spot and curls up in the fetal position sobbing. Causes a mood debuff to anyone who sees it.

Loses Temper: Victim hunts down a colonist he dislikes and starts insulting him. Increased chance of starting a social fight. Doesn't last long, but causes injuries.

Rebellious Worker: Victim completely ignores job priorities, only does jobs he's passionate about.

NolanSyKinsley

What about making it so when someone goes on a drug/alcohol binge, when you run out instead of them just wandering for the rest of the day, they go through a more severe mental break.

kamenoitte

There are instructions for restoring a save file from yesterday (build 1272) here:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24503.msg254498#msg254498

However, if you've already loaded and resaved it, those don't seem to work as stated. Instead, what I did was find the drugPolicyDatabase tag (there should be just one, with a null value) and replace it with the tags from that post.

Kruisboog

Tynan

New build is going up, live in 15 minutes. Should be save compatible with last one.

Thank you for the ongoing feedback! Keep it coming, please.

Changes:
-----------

Split drug binge into major and extreme: major is beer and joints, extreme is flake, yayo, etc. Binge drug selection works like this: If you have addiction(s), you select a random drug you're addicted to. Otherwise, you select any drug from the group of drugs your mental break type supports. If none is available, you select any extant pleasure drug. If none is available, you select any drug at all. If a chemical interest pawn mental breaks, it's much more likely to be a drug binge.
Shifted pemmican to a more gray brown color.
Colonists now universally have a preference by meals for 7 cells, reflecting their ingredient efficiency and cultural status as 'the proper' food.
Catharsis stacks lower.
IngestionOutcomeDoer_OffsetNeed now applies toleranceChemical, so having a tolerance mean you need more of a drug to satisfy your need.
cMake it so you have to take drugs multiple times to become addicted. I can make a minimum tolerance for addiction.
Game now gives feedback on withdrawal progress.
Rebalanced drug withdrawal consequences and durations.
Tolerances now fall a lot slower and rise somwhat faster, so it's actually possible for them to build up.
Reduced alcohol addiction rate 1% -> 0.7%.
In the inspect pane for fermentation barrels states the temperature limits.
Fix: Animal error: Husky191919 threw exception while determining job (main): System.NullReferenceException blah di blah di blah RimWorld.JobGiver SatisfyDrugDesire.DrugValidator
Balanced generation of deep resources to not be so absurdly rich.
Fix: "teetotaler" translation missing.

Todo
-------

Allow requesting specific trader type.
Ensure prisoners can take drugs in their cells to feed their addictions.
Fix: No ingest effects while relaxing socially.
Fix linux: Player.log is created only if you run the game from the console. If you run the game through steam then Player.log is missing.
Write an econ path analyzer and balance growable products profit rates.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kaiser23k

Quote from: Kaiser23k on August 22, 2016, 10:14:11 PM
Permadeath mode not working as described.

"In permadeath mode, you get one save file and can ONLY SAVE when QUITTING the game. You cannot reload the game to fix mistakes, and when the colony dies, that's it."

Currently my game auto saves at most twice per game day while using Permadeath mode.

Re-posting just in case it was missed.  Sorry

Tynan

Quote from: Kaiser23k on August 23, 2016, 05:58:51 PM

"In permadeath mode, you get one save file and can ONLY SAVE when QUITTING the game. You cannot reload the game to fix mistakes, and when the colony dies, that's it."

Currently my game auto saves at most twice per game day while using Permadeath mode.

That's not a bug. It should autosave over your permadeath save file. Which means that you do only have one save. The autosaves prevent some types of save-scumming, and also secure against computer crashes.

Zalzany

Quote from: Kaiser23k on August 23, 2016, 05:58:51 PM

Standard issue for all "permadeath" modes normally this is called ironman you can't save scum in it so it should save twice a day to prevent you from rolling back it shouldn't even be a problem at all unless your trying to save scum the story. If you go afk for whatever reason on that mode hit space and pause it, that is whole concept of that mode. I am still a fan if we get achievements they should require permadeath on, like CK2 requires Ironman saves in order to get achievements.

After playing with an ex friend who is a save scumming machine. I can really see the need I find myself wanting to do it all the time thanks to him. Just go back a save and try again....

Anyways on topic looking good so far, only problem I have had in last day was this morning I didn't realize a guy I rescued had a pocket full of drugs... Pretty sure its working as intended just was not expected rescued him from pirates and he snapped and attacked some one, so I rifle butted him to the ground and he dropped a small stack of drugs he had on him when he fled the pirates.

Kaiser23k

Okay, thank you for clarifying.  Then in that case the description for Permadeath mode needs to be changed. 

As for save scumming in Permadeath mode, I made a suggestion here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22809.0  explaining that it is quite easy to save scum currently in Permadeath due to the auto save feature.

kamenoitte

The deep drill should be spectacularly ugly, or something. At the moment I have a mining operation going on in my living room and nobody cares. Perhaps it should also generate heat when active.

MikeLemmer

Ah, another patch, another colony restart. Man, at the rate Tynan's cranking them out, I'll never be able to actually build a colony up to Drug Research levels for proper testing...

Tynan

Quote from: kamenoitte on August 23, 2016, 06:29:03 PM
The deep drill should be spectacularly ugly, or something. At the moment I have a mining operation going on in my living room and nobody cares. Perhaps it should also generate heat when active.

Thanks, very good note.

ReZpawner

Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 23, 2016, 07:50:56 PM
Ah, another patch, another colony restart. Man, at the rate Tynan's cranking them out, I'll never be able to actually build a colony up to Drug Research levels for proper testing...

Most of the time you can load your old saves.

On a sidenote, do you guys think that Tynan blew most of his Rimworld cash on coke? It would explain so much. The recent drug update, the countless updates, that he appears to always be awake, the amount of work he gets done without ever needing a break... #Conspiracy.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: ReZpawner on August 23, 2016, 09:05:51 PM
Quote from: MikeLemmer on August 23, 2016, 07:50:56 PM

Most of the time you can load your old saves.

True, but for testing, I just like starting a new colony to minimize the potential bugs from save conversion.