[A16] Psychology (2017-5-14)

Started by System.Linq, August 19, 2016, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenericUsername

QuoteAll pawns are graded on the Kinsey scale instead of using sexuality traits.

Oh.
Is there a way to disable this?

I had a glance in the files but didn't find a relevant bit.

Azeyrt

System.Linq

Quote from: Treason5240 on December 28, 2016, 12:03:40 PM

Sorry for the image dimensions.

Running into these errors when attempting to use your mod (which I quite enjoy!).

Nothing prevents these traits from appearing on a pawn but all pawns seem unable to perform social interactions of any sort (including chit-chat) if there is a pawn in your group with one of the red-listed qualities.

I started with a blank slate game and only allowed Psychology and the same errors still popped up.
You need HugsLib.

Quote from: GenericUsername on December 28, 2016, 12:54:12 PM
QuoteAll pawns are graded on the Kinsey scale instead of using sexuality traits.

Oh.
Is there a way to disable this?

I had a glance in the files but didn't find a relevant bit.
Not currently but it should be easy to add. There's not really a downside, though, why would you want to? It frees up the trait and it's essentially identical to the previous Gay/Bisexual system.

Quote from: Draegon on December 28, 2016, 12:32:04 PM
Would it be possible to add thoughts about eating the crops from the more crops mod? It creates a ton of errors atm.
I'll look into it but if it's a Def-only mod then they should not be real errors, just ThoughtDef.Named() not finding anything.

System.Linq

Quote from: Fafn1r on December 28, 2016, 09:01:38 AM
I'm not a big fan of the balance changes. Maybe it is realistic, maybe not, but with Psychology on overall mood goes up by 20% and pawns almost never have mental breaks. It makes the game too easy.
What gives you this impression? Very few traits in Psychology give more than +5 mood situationally, and there are several traits that do not benefit you much. Most of the traits have conditions that give mood penalties to your colonists. Some of them, like Photosensitive, give serious penalties if you don't accommodate the colonists. If your overall mood is higher, it's likely only because Psychology makes you less likely to get bad traits from the vanilla game that drag down your overall mood.

GenericUsername

QuoteNot currently but it should be easy to add. There's not really a downside, though, why would you want to? It frees up the trait and it's essentially identical to the previous Gay/Bisexual system.

Yeah... I set the commonality of that to 0.
It's simply something I don't want in my game.

Treason5240

Quote from: Psychology on December 28, 2016, 01:49:12 PM
You need HugsLib.

I suppose it would help if I read through the first post several times.  I completely missed the reference!

Thanks for the quick response.

System.Linq

Quote from: GenericUsername on December 28, 2016, 01:53:42 PM
QuoteNot currently but it should be easy to add. There's not really a downside, though, why would you want to? It frees up the trait and it's essentially identical to the previous Gay/Bisexual system.

Yeah... I set the commonality of that to 0.
It's simply something I don't want in my game.

Ok, well, previous versions of the mod also included a Bisexual trait, but I've added a setting to disable the Kinsey system. It will be in the next update. When you toggle it off and restart the game, it will use the Gay trait system instead, including the fact that you set that to 0 commonality.

GenericUsername

Quote from: Psychology on December 28, 2016, 02:14:17 PM
Ok, well, previous versions of the mod also included a Bisexual trait, but I've added a setting to disable the Kinsey system. It will be in the next update. When you toggle it off and restart the game, it will use the Gay trait system instead, including the fact that you set that to 0 commonality.

I'll be waiting for the next update then, thank you.

Fafn1r

Quote from: Psychology on December 28, 2016, 01:52:35 PM
What gives you this impression? Very few traits in Psychology give more than +5 mood situationally, and there are several traits that do not benefit you much. Most of the traits have conditions that give mood penalties to your colonists. Some of them, like Photosensitive, give serious penalties if you don't accommodate the colonists. If your overall mood is higher, it's likely only because Psychology makes you less likely to get bad traits from the vanilla game that drag down your overall mood.

I noticed this while playing. My pawns just had higher moods overall and I associated this with Psychology's empathy changes.

By the way, it is possible to gain Desensitized trait, yes? How does it work, a chance that is being increased with each sight of dead bodies? I love the idea, I love more progression for pawns in general. This desensitization could work very well not as a trait, but as diminishing returns for every negative thought, that decay over time.

But again, this would raise overall moods during late game.

System.Linq

Quote from: Fafn1r on December 28, 2016, 02:32:15 PM
Quote from: Psychology on December 28, 2016, 01:52:35 PM

I noticed this while playing. My pawns just had higher moods overall and I associated this with Psychology's empathy changes.

By the way, it is possible to gain Desensitized trait, yes? How does it work, a chance that is being increased with each sight of dead bodies? I love the idea, I love more progression for pawns in general. This desensitization could work very well not as a trait, but as diminishing returns for every negative thought, that decay over time.

But again, this would raise overall moods during late game.

The empathy changes only decrement the mood penalties for seeing or doing bad things by 1 point each. I could definitely make them toggleable in the mod's settings.

Negative thoughts already have diminishing returns if you stack multiple of them. It is only possible to gain the Desensitized trait during play (unless you give it to your pawns via Prepare Carefully), and it happens just as the mod description says: when pawns see death.

Treason5240

Experiencing another issue that seems related to psychology.

Attempting to load up a previous save caused psychology to kick back an error about an ID already existing and the load failing.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/7e561a9c3d0ebc156fa3dc2bb5181cb2

guillaume

Maybe related to previous poster's problem, maybe not: when I load a save, several pawns are duplicated in lists like the social list (a pawn appears several times as a lover, then as a acquaintance, for example; if I click on them, the last will be select the pawn, the others will say "PawnName if off map") or the select bed owner list (which cause the pawn to sleep in its bedroom but not in the bed).

I fix the problem by editing the save file and removing all the <knownSexualities> subkeys content (leaving just "<keys/><values/>"). Sometimes, a <knownSexualities> will contain a pawn data which itself contains a <knownSexualities> which contains the same pawn data.

System.Linq

Quote from: guillaume on December 28, 2016, 06:20:29 PM
Maybe related to previous poster's problem, maybe not: when I load a save, several pawns are duplicated in lists like the social list (a pawn appears several times as a lover, then as a acquaintance, for example; if I click on them, the last will be select the pawn, the others will say "PawnName if off map") or the select bed owner list (which cause the pawn to sleep in its bedroom but not in the bed).

I fix the problem by editing the save file and removing all the <knownSexualities> subkeys content (leaving just "<keys/><values/>"). Sometimes, a <knownSexualities> will contain a pawn data which itself contains a <knownSexualities> which contains the same pawn data.
Well caught! I've changed the LookMode from Deep to Value, that should fix it.

Updated to 2016-12-28 v3 (this time for real).

New Miscellaneous
- Anxiety: Pawns may start with this health problem, or acquire it during play.

Kyna Tiona

So hey, is it possible to see characters' sexuality listed anywhere? The Kinsey scale is a really useful simplification that applies to this situation incredibly well, but it's annoying me that it doesn't seem to be visible.

LycanBlackpaw

Not really sure what's going on, but this error pops up when attempting to create a world. I assume it has something to do with Psychology not interacting well with mods that add factions, based on what little I can read of it.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Psychology.Detour._PawnComponentsUtility._CreateInitialComponents (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Faction.GenerateNewLeader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef facDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.GenerateFactionsIntoWorld (System.String seedString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld (Single planetCoverage, System.String seedString, OverallRainfall overallRainfall, OverallTemperature overallTemperature) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.<CanDoNext>m__527 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()