[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

oh my.... it sounds awesome!
Thank you!

I'm taking the liberty of commenting on your ideas for the new patch, i hope you don't mind.

It would be awesome if we could control the new control computers trough the "colony manager" mod =)
I'm kind of hoping the new patch is in an advance state to prevent it from adding more stuff, but do consider a backup control console, or something of the sort, considering that, as you said, now it would be important to watch out for the power output, and I wouldn't want that breaking on me Dx.

I use a lot of power, a lot xD 
2 fully loaded cores working @300°C.
Right now i'm getting uranium from the "vegetable garden" mod, i basically harvest uranium, is really hard to be on the point to be able to harvest it (high grow and craft skill to take advantage), but once you do, you have an endless supply of the resource, that is why i suggested the trader, i have yet to see in any of my play-trough a trader selling uranium  :-\

Again thank you for your work, and i'll wait eagerly to see that update =)

Dubwise

Quote from: faltonico on November 27, 2016, 04:28:41 PM
It would be awesome if we could control the new control computers trough the colony manager mod =)

Sorry I wont ever combine other mods into my mods or use anything like ccl, I like to keep it simple

I'm starting to think when i redo the ui instead of having a zillion gizmo buttons in a row like i have right now i would just have the id and scram buttons on there, then put all the temp and rod control into an iTab like the tabs you get on pawns, then i could do better controls like steppers and sliders so you don't have to spam +&- buttons which i never really liked but didn't know ui enough back then, and i could easily add an advanced mode toggle so you see each rods stats all in 1 list with manual flux control per rod + a master slider/stepper to do all of them together.

faltonico

Quote from: dubwise56 on November 27, 2016, 07:01:51 PM
Sorry I wont ever combine other mods into my mods or use anything like ccl, I like to keep it simple
Nah that one doesn't need CCL. But anyways, just do your thing and pay no heed to that other mod... I think you don't have to do anything special in your mod for that other one to be useful xD

I don't mind the current UI, but if you can pull out something better i'll gladly take it ;)

isistoy

Amazing!
Did you think of other Gen IV designs as expansions, like MSRs in particular?
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Dubwise

Quote from: isistoy on November 27, 2016, 07:51:27 PM
Amazing!
Did you think of other Gen IV designs as expansions, like MSRs in particular?

Well i want to keep it old dumb dirty and dangerous, i do have a RAPID-L style fully automated reactor in my mars mod that i was thinking about bundling as an insanely expensive easy mode option, but i didn't want to confuse things by having too many buildings and it was designed just to replace wind and thermal because i only allow solar on mars.

isistoy

fast breeders... mehh  :P.
You don't want these passive safe/heavy-chemical things in there? Easy to say on my side of things, probably a lot harder to program and possibly less fun to micro as a player :)

Good job anyway!

Dubwise

I want to do something more like this with the controls

Ignore the reactor type that's from mars and ignore the values its all just random in photoshop

Dubwise

So things in the next patch that will make it generally harder to run a reactor are...
that new controller ui.
more incidents like leaks.
controls will need to be manned or flicked to make changes.
overvoltage on powernets so you need to balance power output in a range.
separate pipe networks for high voltage lines, cooling and steam.
and you're going to need to make transformers.

i noticed quite a few people use 2 cores so to offset all that extra stuff i'm going to double the total power output per core maybe even more, so instead of running 2 or 3 cores i would rather people just manage individual fuel rods in a single core on 1 tab. No longer need to shut down the whole reactor just to add or remove rods that way, and you could split up powernets by running multiple transformers across your turbines.

i'll probably add the yield plutonium button in too for the lols

isistoy

alright, alright! Very nice detailed rod control system you got there.
So, you managed to get a specific powernet class system, with IDs (RedistHeat similar approach, I believe, to split nets).
Steam flow also seems to be done with that Net classes similar approach, right?

Solid fuel still. I'm a big fan of the liquid molten salt designs and particularly Thorium/Neutron thermal spectrum/integrated chemical separation and fissile breeding, thus me asking if you were thinking about these for a future update.

I'm very much interested in the work you already did there though :)

faltonico

I forgot to ask you about the glitch with the cooling pipes. How can i fix that?

On a side note; out of curiosity I checked how long would it take for the fallout to finish, turns out it is only 272 years left T-T

Killaim

are there materials you can get out of this and sell at high price to ships.

would make sense.

Also make a thorium reactor too :D like...ok it would be alot smaller...and easier to run.... dammit

Erratum

I don't suppose there's any plans for making it so you can dump heat into a body of water if your colony happens to have one nearby, are there?

Facepunch

We getting an A16 update? Will this work with A16 already?

Dubwise

I really don't want to add safe clean cheap easy reactors because that would just be a geothermal with the power output turned up and a radiation symbol stamped on it and there's already plenty of mods that do that. I kinda based this off the soviet RBMK, i want it to be old dumb and come with plenty of hazards.

I started work on the A16 version but i don't know how long its going to take, i need to get mars v3 finished first which i hope to get out by the weekend

Headshotkill

Will this mod be completly implemented in the Mars mod?