[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

He use steam user as beta dummies.
I think you can find it at the beta branch there.

faltonico

Quote from: Canute on July 04, 2017, 01:11:14 PM
He use steam user as beta dummies.
I think you can find it at the beta branch there.
You can consider that a private beta (need an invite to test). It cannot be available to people not using the steam system.

hypnoshadow

faltonico

"Alpha 18 is coming along!" -Twitter
I'm guessing you will stop development and wait for it? As you did for the A16 version.

Dubwise

Quote from: faltonico on July 19, 2017, 01:45:04 AM
"Alpha 18 is coming along!" -Twitter
I'm guessing you will stop development and wait for it? As you did for the A16 version.

Ha yeah no this is coming out for 17, and i didn't stop working on it to wait for 17, i just updated it to 17 when it was out and said there wont be a 16 version so i could do more stuff using 17 features.

Here's a shot of the current set of buildings and things, i still need to do a couple more graphics, fix a some bugs and write a few thousand lines of text for descriptions.

If you have any questions about how any of it works then fire away.

Stinguerx

Holy Moly! that looks awesome, can't wait to play it  ;D

tiger33116

Yea that looks fraking awesome. The only questions I have would be:
What's the range on the railgun/missile?
What kind of warheads can be fitted to the missile?

I can not wait for this to be released epic work man.

Dubwise

Quote from: tiger33116 on July 19, 2017, 08:29:32 PM
Yea that looks fraking awesome. The only questions I have would be:
What's the range on the railgun/missile?
What kind of warheads can be fitted to the missile?

I can not wait for this to be released epic work man.

Here's current spec on the railgun:
While in map the range is 55-400, and then 60 world tiles for a fire mission when fully upgraded.
The turret must line up shots before firing.
It requires 350w idle power and 4-5000Wd of PPC charge for max range shot.
Range, accuracy, fire rate, turn speed and power usage can all be upgraded.
It has a 25 round magazine firing sabot rounds which are cheaper to build and safer than mortar shells.
The projectile speed is many times faster than mortar shells but the damage is similar.
The range to target changes the power it requires per shot.
You have to have spotters on the target map to pick targets for fire missions.
It requires only 1 manned weapons console to control all of your guns.

and the ICBM:
Max range is 100 tiles fully upgraded.
It uses a set 125 chemfuel per rocket instead of the pod launcher system you may have seen in older screenshots.
Its loaded with fission warheads which can wipe out 1 whole map and produce clouds of fallout that last years and move around the rimworld.

I can add things like a MIRV or cobalt bombs later and also have scuds and chem scuds that are disabled for now as they need more work.

thinkpad

Vascar

Do I spy with my little eye something from C&C?

The sprite of the object 2nd from the right looks like a Obelisk of Light from the Brotherhood.

EldVarg

Jan2607

Wow, that looks really, really awesome! Can't wait for it :D

But there is one thing, I am unsure about: These things look like they will need a lot of uranium. So, is there any way to get these masses of uranium or do we need to dig the hole planet for it? :D Traders that are selling uranium are really rare...

Dubwise

Quote from: Jan2607 on July 30, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
Wow, that looks really, really awesome! Can't wait for it :D

But there is one thing, I am unsure about: These things look like they will need a lot of uranium. So, is there any way to get these masses of uranium or do we need to dig the hole planet for it? :D Traders that are selling uranium are really rare...

The uranium cost is actually quite low and you have several options, there is a Rimatomics orbital trader you can request for some silver, they sell everything related to the mod but have a cooldown timer of a couple of quadrums and don't show up randomly so they don't interfere with the rate of standard traders spawning. Next option is to recycle your spent fuel into MOX fuel which is a half and half mix of uranium and plutonium. Lastly with the upgrade system i just finished you can convert the reactor into a fast neutron breeder reactor which generates less power but also produces more fuel than it uses, so you can breed fuel to fill more reactors.

Jan2607