[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

Hey dubwise, do you actually play RimWorld with your mod? I would really like to see a screenshot, how you set up your colony with all the stuff ;)

billyma6

Hey, I found that if you launch an ICBM to blow up one faction base, then before the base blows up launch another ICBM, it stops where it would've landed and then stops doing anything. I can't get rid of it now, and it's kinda annoying.

Dubwise

Quote from: Jan2607 on January 30, 2018, 10:05:58 AM
Hey dubwise, do you actually play RimWorld with your mod? I would really like to see a screenshot, how you set up your colony with all the stuff ;)

nope, no time to play rimworld, when i do it for testing its all over the place, just shove it in wherever it fits

Dubwise

Quote from: billyma6 on February 02, 2018, 10:22:12 PM
Hey, I found that if you launch an ICBM to blow up one faction base, then before the base blows up launch another ICBM, it stops where it would've landed and then stops doing anything. I can't get rid of it now, and it's kinda annoying.

i seem to be able to spam nukes at multiple bases without problems while testing it, did it throw an error? was it at the same target? what was the target?

billyma6

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 03, 2018, 12:06:39 AM
Quote from: billyma6 on February 02, 2018, 10:22:12 PM

i seem to be able to spam nukes at multiple bases without problems while testing it, did it throw an error? was it at the same target? what was the target?
Yes, I spam nukes at multiple bases too, but one time I forgot that I had already launched a nuke towards it and instead launched a second one unknowingly. It was at the same base, and by the time the second nuke reached the target, the base was vaporized already. After that, the ICBMs just stopped moving and stayed there. That's it. And I was aiming at the vanilla pirates.

EDIT: When I zoomed into when the ICBM was unresponsive, it was invisible, but still there cuz when I zoomed back out, the icon was still on the map.

Herigony

I've run into quite an annoying bug - whenever I reload a save with an upgraded reactor, the upgrades stop working. They'll start working again if I install a different upgrade in the reactor, but that is quite impractical in the long run. It affects all 3 reactors, and upgrades on weapons don't seem to have this problem.

Canute

Senseirious,
try to move the mod at the Top/end of your modlist and check if this still happen.

Herigony

Quote from: Canute on February 03, 2018, 05:05:23 AM
Senseirious,
try to move the mod at the Top/end of your modlist and check if this still happen.
Tried running it on top, on bottom, and just core + rimatomics, still the same issue. Tried it with old save and made a new one each time.

Dubwise

Quote from: Senseirious on February 03, 2018, 04:45:29 AM
I've run into quite an annoying bug - whenever I reload a save with an upgraded reactor, the upgrades stop working. They'll start working again if I install a different upgrade in the reactor, but that is quite impractical in the long run. It affects all 3 reactors, and upgrades on weapons don't seem to have this problem.

yup thats a bug, fixing for next patch

Dubwise

Added the link for v1.2.3

Fixed reactor upgrades not loading.
Fixed transformer capacity not saving.
Increased transformer capacity to 200kw.
Fixed valves.
Added fuel burn rate slider to mod options.
Decreased cost of ALC.
Buffed the railgun ERS bonus.
Fixed a spelling mistake or 2.
Changed fuel grid ui colours and added fuel gauges back.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 10, 2018, 01:31:44 PM
Added the link for v1.2.3

Fixed reactor upgrades not loading.
Fixed transformer capacity not saving.
Increased transformer capacity to 200kw.
Fixed valves.
Added fuel burn rate slider to mod options.
Decreased cost of ALC.
Buffed the railgun ERS bonus.
Fixed a spelling mistake or 2.
Changed fuel grid ui colours and added fuel gauges back.

Holy moly this sounds like a huge update! Thank you mist dubwise. Also, I was curious because I haven't gotten to them yet and wanted to know your opinion. I want to use your mod with Zombieland, using your turrets as my main defenses. However other users have said they are not good for this as they go through power too quickly. Will the increased power on the transformers help with this? Or if your energy defenses are not really built to handle the "low damage high quantity of enemies" setup, then would you plan on implementing some defenses that would be appropriate for a situation like this in the future? With Zombieland, you can set up how you want your zombies health configured as well as the quantity of them. Personally, I want to have them setup with quite low health, but a very high quantity, and I was hoping that Rimatomics would mesh perfectly with the scenario I am envisioning.

Dubwise

Not really a big update, just few bug fixes, the transformer cap is just the max power a single transformer can output, the reactor and turbine still has to produce the power. As for energy weapons i have started to recode them all, they are too complicated and have a few bugs which adds to the confusion, for zombies you just want lots of bullets flying around really, miniguns and fire, energy weapons are best against enemies in cover.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 11, 2018, 09:04:26 AM
As for energy weapons i have started to recode them all, they are too complicated and have a few bugs which adds to the confusion

Does this mean you will be taking away the ability to put different upgrades into the different turrets? I thought that looked like a really great concept. Or could you give us some hints as to what you will change about them, or is this going to be all under the hood stuff?

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 11, 2018, 09:04:26 AM
for zombies you just want lots of bullets flying around really, miniguns and fire, energy weapons are best against enemies in cover.

That's what I was assuming it would be like. Would you ever consider having something similar to a "minigun type" energy defense, or would this go against the sort of style you are trying to achieve with them?

Dubwise

no the upgrades will stay, the problem is that the energy required per shot increases the further away the target is, and cooldown time increases with it, so an obelisk shooting at a target a few cells away might use a 2kwd pulse with a 4s cooldown, and 30 cells away its 6kwd with a 15s cooldown, you have to manually adjust the range and damage settings so you don't blow your load early.

I made it that way so that something like the obelisk could have crazy range on it with huge damage and be 100% accurate in any conditions, but to sustain it at full power and maximum range you would need crazy amounts of power, but that means you have to manually dial back the range and maybe reduce the damage setting if you have modest reactor setups, and i doubt many people do, so i need to ditch all that power over distance multiplier stuff, make it all nice simple constant values for pulse size and cooldown time, and let the upgrades be the way to choose how you want an energy weapon to handle.

i also don't want to do any pew pew pulse lasers, i like beams, i might just add some fire mode buttons so you can switch the tesla coil from single high power pulses to bursts of rapid low power pulses

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 12, 2018, 09:00:25 AM
let the upgrades be the way to choose how you want an energy weapon to handle.

I agree with this completely. But maybe if we could take it to further customization steps?

Quote from: dubwise56 on February 12, 2018, 09:00:25 AM
i also don't want to do any pew pew pulse lasers, i like beams, i might just add some fire mode buttons so you can switch the tesla coil from single high power pulses to bursts of rapid low power pulses

I feel like there is a little bit of a contradiction there. I fully understand, and appreciate, the fact that you have made a fantastic mod and you would like it to function in the style that you envisioned. However, coming from an end users stand point, please try to understand where I'm coming from when I suggest this, because this will end up being content that I use, and I am trying to tailor it to best suit my experience.

Anyway, what would you think about maybe making the various upgrades that you can put into the slots even more dynamic? For example, instead of having the obelisk do big powerful beams, allow us to put in a new upgrade, or a different kind of upgrade in a new slot, that will change the character of a turret. Let the user decide if they want one obelisk to pew-pew, and another one to "beam-beam" :P

Also, I have recently starting using the mod More Vanilla Turrets. It only adds about 5 or 6 turrets, but they all feel pretty nice and unique, and the character is different between each turret. I was thinking about how great it would be if you could have something like the minigun turret as an energy weapon, but with that special dubwise touch to it ;) I suppose that I am just a huge fan of customization like this. I also am such a fan of your work, and like to dream about what else I would imagine you could create.

Maybe just the ability to further customize the turrets you already have, so that your mod will still work great for any type of situation a player can dream up using other mods in combination with yours, if not some new style of turrets? Even if we get nothing for this, it's okay.. thank you for all of your great work!