[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Rimatomics research is 537 research points. Seems oddly specific ;D Also I think the only research to not end in a 0.

strider1551

Quotehmm i haven't had an out of bounds yet, map size normal? is the silo in an odd spot like edge of the map? did you see the missile climb and exit the map?

Larger than the default size... I think 325x325. Silo is not unusually close to the map edge. I can watch the missile climb and exit the map.

After posting I tried a whole new game with all the same mods and load order, and God-mode to do a quick test; launch was fine. So then I tried on the save that is giving me trouble, but from my second colony... launch was fine! So it's just my first colony in this save that hits the out of bounds error.

Dubwise

ok thanks i'll log it and see if i can catch it happening while im testing

MrBlueHawke

Hey i'm having problems getting my Railguns loaded. i have them built, i have sabot rounds made and in a stockpile, but if i tell someone to try to load it it says "Cannot load railgun. (No sabot ammunition) can someone help?

Harry_Dicks

The sabot rounds aren't forbidden are they?

Also, does anyone know if there are range limitations for "reloadable weapons" like mortars and such? I'm assuming that MrBlueHawke probably has the sabot rounds close to the gun, but I was still curious of this.

MrBlueHawke

Nope, Not forbidden. Tried everything i can think of, putting them touching the gun, away from the gun, dev mode spawed them in on top of it, tried to have a pawn pick them up and give them to the gun from inventory, everything. it's probably something silly but it could be a bug/conflict idk

Sliderpro

Hi. I think that reactor output is way too large. How can I nerf it manually through game files? Couldn't find a way (

Plus, maybe you can add some sort of end-game batteries? Like a facility where power can be used to electrolyse water into hydrogen and oxygen, store them in tanks and a facility to burn hydrogen to get power back. This will be a lot densier power per square storage then classic batteries! 

Canute

Sliderpro, the output is coded into the .dll.
And i think you didn't researched/build any Rimatomic weapon's yet, you will need the power for them.

henk

#pacifist

Build 20 layers of wall around the base and never kill anyone :3
No need for that power :D

Sliderpro

Quote from: Canute on March 08, 2018, 12:57:28 PM
Sliderpro, the output is coded into the .dll.
And i think you didn't researched/build any Rimatomic weapon's yet, you will need the power for them.
Yup, I dont use static defences, for some weird reason. I think hand-held weapons are op enough with several more mods  ;D

Can I request something like a changeable multiplier?

Canute

I can't speak for dubwise,
but this mod is known for his hugh power outout.
Don't forget you are building and managment a fission generator, not a simple wood fired generator. Ofcouse these fission generator got some large bigger dimensions.
But if you just put 1 fuel-rod into the reactor you shouldn't have that high power output. Sure for some Rimatomic's researches you would need a full loaded core, but after that you can remove the fuel-rod's. And store them.

Dubwise

there
Quote from: Sliderpro on March 09, 2018, 05:15:26 AM
Can I request something like a changeable multiplier?

there already is one in the form of the reactor itself, just use the small core and put less fuel in and or drop the flux level to get more lifespan instead of power output, you could run something like 8 fuel slots on lower flux and think of it like just a few geothermals worth of power that can last 10 years and took a bit more effort than just 2000 research points to make, the megawatt setups are just for fun really, adding a mod option slider for the power output would just be a slider on a slider which is a multiplier for a multiplier on a few more multipliers of a curve on a another multiplier * tickrate or something like that

Umbreon117

Quote from: dubwise56 on March 09, 2018, 10:10:37 PM
adding a mod option slider for the power output would just be a slider on a slider which is a multiplier for a multiplier on a few more multipliers of a curve on a another multiplier * tickrate or something like that
Uh...You lost me...somewhere in there.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

inaudible

Has anyone managed to get the railgun working with Combat Extended?

Everything else seems to work fine, however the railgun states "Cannot load railgun (no sabot ammunition)".

Sliderpro

Quote from: Canute on March 09, 2018, 05:38:21 AM
I can't speak for dubwise,
but this mod is known for his hugh power outout.
Don't forget you are building and managment a fission generator, not a simple wood fired generator.
well.. this makes sense xD
Thanks
Still would like better power saving options like batteries though :\
and maybe more uranium processing