[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Many change the version number from v2.1.3 to v0.213, so people can see this mod is still not finished :-)

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on October 03, 2016, 11:10:24 AM
Many change the version number from v2.1.3 to v0.213, so people can see this mod is still not finished :-)

naaah, it was finished then i unfinished it so i could finish it some more so if i dropped the version number when i unfinished it then it would be less finished now than when i first finished it which was far from finished, this mod wont ever be finished, what does finished mean anyway, windows 10 certainly isn't finished, so its always going to have half finished bits and bobs laying around, of course you could get the finished version if you pay me £39.99, then i'll just comment out 39.99% of the code and release it as a finished product and then sell you that commented out code in installments of DLC for £29.99 + VAT, what i'm saying is the next patch is now going to be v3.137.682-Cb-Epsilon(Alpha 4)-RC  ::)

SioxerNiki

Well to give you a serious answer:
v1.2.3.456
Major release number
Minor release number
Maintenance release number (bugfixes only)
If used at all: build number (or source control revision number)

v1 usually only denotes release. Mars has been released, therefor it is above version one. The Major Release will be stuff like big new features, minor release is when there is small additions, maintenance is as written there, bugfixes.

Also this makes it easy for users to see how buggy they may expect a specific release.
If the release number is v3.0.0 there is most likely quite a few bugs.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: SioxerNic on October 03, 2016, 01:11:03 PM
Well to give you a serious answer:
v1.2.3.456
Major release number
Minor release number
Maintenance release number (bugfixes only)
If used at all: build number (or source control revision number)

v1 usually only denotes release. Mars has been released, therefor it is above version one. The Major Release will be stuff like big new features, minor release is when there is small additions, maintenance is as written there, bugfixes.

Also this makes it easy for users to see how buggy they may expect a specific release.
If the release number is v3.0.0 there is most likely quite a few bugs.

The only change I'd ask you guys to consider is to tie it into Rimworld's version number. So maybe the releases for A15 would start with 15.x.x.xxx. Then as soon as A16 comes out, move to v 16.0.0.000

yavorh

I wont give too many SPOILERS for guys who haven't found this, but... I discovered a big black object which I shall not name and damn you dubwise56 - you knew I couldn't resist and you tricked me, you evil man :D

r4ncr4ft

Could you do a separate mod just for the self-healing item? It would be so good to make a lone-wolf playthrough in "vanilla" rimworld.

Nord

Is more than one outlets in one room useful? Or more moxie?

yavorh

Quote from: Nord on October 04, 2016, 07:54:48 AM

Short answer - more outlets I think.
Long answer - I believe the way that the system works is this:
More moxi gives you a larger ability to filter out toxins and produce O2 for all rooms connected in general.
More outlets gives you more power to provide that O2 to the room

Canute

More outlets let the room fill faster with 02 and pressure. I would place an outlet at each room and next to the airlocks.

More moxi don't give any benifit at moment, you just need one active. But i would place a second just in cast an accident happen.

Robloxsina66

one question can this mod like during the gameplay can it generate Raids?

Dubwise

Quote from: Nord on October 04, 2016, 07:54:48 AM

each moxi/e counts up how many air outlets are available and spreads the air flow between them, the big moxi requires 2 vents to push air at full speed, so you could have 10 moxi's run at full speed from just 2 outlets at the moment. as long as you use open vents and normal doors to spread the air then you don't need to spam air outlets everywhere.

Pink Omega

I can't comment on the Steamworkshop page so...
How do I am supposed to make the soil fertile?
I made a room with roof in the area of the water generator, the process of water start up and when it reaches 100% nothing happens...? I'm not sure if it is me because I made a soil area with no roof and walls, but when I read that '' the soil dies if exposed to martian atmosphere '' I immediately replaced the soil(then I created the walls and roof around it). Yet nothing happened after the process of water reached 100%.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Canute

Create a room with breathable atmosphaere.
Place a water generator.
Build around soil and wait.

When the room lost the breathable atmosphaere, the soil dies and need to be replaced with new soil.