[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muramas

Quote from: Canute on October 05, 2016, 07:05:06 AM
Create a room with breathable atmosphaere.
Place a water generator.
Build around soil and wait.

When the room lost the breathable atmosphaere, the soil dies and need to be replaced with new soil.

It has been quoted a few time to double up on airlocks. This way the air is always protected from the outside.

darkrage000

incompatibility note: Veinminer makes the dig option dissapear

Dubwise

Quote from: darkrage000 on October 05, 2016, 08:13:31 PM
incompatibility note: Veinminer makes the dig option dissapear

try moving it above mars in the mod list

yavorh

I understand that the mechanic is quite cumbersome in and of itself, but is there any chance to make the air-in-room flow system a bit more performance optimized in the future?

What I am referring to is two scenarios:
1. The lesser, when you build an air outlet in an empty of oxygen room it slows down the game considerably.
2. When you have a vent outside (for example when building a new section of the base and the vents happen to be build first) it puts a huge strain onto the game, making it choppy even at normal speed. (Pausing fixes this, of course)

Again, not really an urgent thing and understandable, just curious if optimizations may come in the future?

darkrage000

11 hours of continuous play on my day off..
over 600 food, lots of medicines, beds, etc.
space, rooms and supplies for at least  20 people
lots of resources, etc...

supplies delayed.. colonists delayed...
about every 20 mins i get those messages...
still on the original 3 colonists. :\

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on October 05, 2016, 10:37:18 PM
I understand that the mechanic is quite cumbersome in and of itself, but is there any chance to make the air-in-room flow system a bit more performance optimized in the future?

1. The lesser, when you build an air outlet in an empty of oxygen room it slows down the game considerably.
2. When you have a vent outside (for example when building a new section of the base and the vents happen to be build first) it puts a huge strain onto the game, making it choppy even at normal speed. (Pausing fixes this, of course)

Again, not really an urgent thing and understandable, just curious if optimizations may come in the future?

I actually just fixed that stutter an hour ago  :P, and i spent most of the evening hunting down and fixing another micro stutter caused by the alert functions, i have a 144hz monitor so i really notice the tiny stutters while scrolling around, i also started testing with a much larger colony for the next patch so i can weed out and replace any expensive code if i can.

I don't know when the patch will be done, last weekend i was thinking i might get it done by this weekend but i keep adding new bits and getting side tracked looking for optimizations.

Dubwise

Quote from: darkrage000 on October 05, 2016, 11:00:36 PM
11 hours of continuous play on my day off..
over 600 food, lots of medicines, beds, etc.
space, rooms and supplies for at least  20 people
lots of resources, etc...

supplies delayed.. colonists delayed...
about every 20 mins i get those messages...
still on the original 3 colonists. :\

Try dropping the storyteller difficulty to reduce the frequency of events for a while until you are happier with your colony size. I have a couple more incidents in the next patch to space out the mission delays, i'ts tricky getting a balance between incidents without play testing for hours and hours and when i'm working on new bits i tend to keep reloading the same save so i don't track the time.

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on October 05, 2016, 11:03:06 PM
Quote from: yavorh on October 05, 2016, 10:37:18 PM

I actually just fixed that stutter an hour ago  :P, and i spent most of the evening hunting down and fixing another micro stutter caused by the alert functions, i have a 144hz monitor so i really notice the tiny stutters while scrolling around, i also started testing with a much larger colony for the next patch so i can weed out and replace any expensive code if i can.

I don't know when the patch will be done, last weekend i was thinking i might get it done by this weekend but i keep adding new bits and getting side tracked looking for optimizations.

That sounds amazing, man!

No stress or rush - heck, it maybe is a good thing if it takes a bit longer since there seem to be more people joining into playing this mod - so giving them a chance to get used to the basics with the current set up (as in build an actually bigger colony) and then savour all the amazing updates you're making in their full value :D.

Again, the stuff you've made thus far and what you've mentioned that you're doing is absolutely amazing!

P.S. Unless it's secret, do the monoliths have random effects they can inflict or is it always set?

Dubwise

Quote from: yavorh on October 05, 2016, 11:14:16 PM
P.S. Unless it's secret, do the monoliths have random effects they can inflict or is it always set?

Maybe

Captain_Goatse

It's me, or the research tree is still very unfinished? Why do I need to research pemmican in a place without meat and without animals? Can you publish a list of the useful research items?

By the way, I have noticed several times that some of my colonists become mentally ill (confused) without a cause. All their indicators were good, their mood was excellent and the only bad thought was something like "It's all too much". Bug or feature?

Zentor

Your starting tech level is already maxxed. You only need to research the things you want to. As for confused, was there a Dust Storm happening? That raises the chances on confusion by like 95%

Dubwise

Yup don't go out in big dust storms, they get lost and confused. And for the next patch i'll just set everything that's useless as completed by default until i swap in my custom research tree.

Serenity

Or disable certain research like gun turrets and weapons altogether if possible. Then it can't be crafted either.

Dubwise

Quote from: Serenity on October 06, 2016, 06:50:10 PM
Or disable certain research like gun turrets and weapons altogether if possible. Then it can't be crafted either.

Already disabled the buildings in the scenario, but i was limited by how many things i could disable using the scenario system because it breaks past a certain number, so i literally just finished coding my own scenario parts for the scenario editor and hardcoded in all the restrictions so the scenario list is short and neat, and the mission type for either colony mode or rescue mission can be toggled in the editor so you can do both modes with any number of colonists you want, and it also means the missions wont bug out when you do custom scenarios anymore. back to work

Captain_Goatse

OK, thanks. Keep up the good work, your mod is the only one that dares to change radically the main concepts of the game. I think that it should be included into the main game, as soon as you finish polishing some fine details. For example, have you ever seen the Morphidians from Earth 2160? They would be a nice add on if you want to make your game more warlike. Obviously that requires weapons and some improved EVA suits with better protection and better stats...