[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shirlierox

Awesome so far I'm loving the new entry sequence.   I'm sure many colonists will die while I discover the eva suit zones  ::)

Dubwise

Quote from: shirlierox on December 09, 2016, 06:43:37 PM
Awesome so far I'm loving the new entry sequence.   I'm sure many colonists will die while I discover the eva suit zones  ::)
pipe a suit station into anything that makes or stores o2, set its HAB zone to an area restricted to inside your hab, and turn on auto rest toggle, then before the colonist goes to bed it will try to store the EVA suit in the nearest station, then you can right click the station to start EVA

Dubwise

Tip, colonists can poop in their suits if you don't have a working toilet

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 09, 2016, 06:57:58 PM
Quote from: shirlierox on December 09, 2016, 06:43:37 PM
pipe a suit station into anything that makes or stores o2, set its HAB zone to an area restricted to inside your hab, and turn on auto rest toggle, then before the colonist goes to bed it will try to store the EVA suit in the nearest station, then you can right click the station to start EVA

bit of a bug report and suggestion on how to fix:

On auto rest the guy DOES take off the suit, but several scenarios will happen when he should put it on, sometimes breaking things until you fix them manually:

1. They will not put on the suit and will be stuck in the hab area
2. They will not put it on and run outside for no reason and pass out (sometimes that "looking for breathable air" code you made I guess isn't strong enough to contain their suicidal willpower"
3. They iwll not put it on and will not be able to put on their EVA suit... turns out they get stuck with the outside area as their allowed one.

I tried the following set ups:
1. Both areas unrestricted
2. Home area hab, eva area unrestricted
3. The opposite
4. Hab and outside area defined

Suggestion on fixing, based on my knowledge of how code logic works...in Java, but still:
1. Add to that "looking for breathable air" code to also put on nearest available EVA suit
2. Add a checking for each path/task outside if member has EVA suit or if there is one available to him nearby without going outside
3. Add an immediate command for them to put on the suit upon wake up

yavorh

On-the-go suit refuels only bring up to 11%, which I guess the guys consider the zone where they have to refuel, so they keep refueling every few minutes. Suggest making it so that the refuel procedure "loops" until it hits 100%

Dubwise

once a suit station has a full eva suit in it you can right click and select start EVA, when one is empty you can right click end EVA, the auto switch is only to make them take it off before bed. What i usually do is every day once my regular eva pawns have had breakfast, crapped showered and are hanging out or using the treadmills i get them to start EVA and get some jobs done, if i had it so pawns equipped a suit as soon as they woke up then they would be doing everything at half speed inside the hab.

And i don't want them to be able to quick charge suits to full that's cheating, the quick charging is meant to be a short bump just to keep them going a while longer if they really need to put out fires or something urgent like that, you're supposed to store the suit and let it charge to full which should last something like 2 days depending on physical activity, the little blue lights on the station show current O2%

yavorh

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 09, 2016, 10:07:46 PM
once a suit station has a full eva suit in it you can right click and select start EVA, when one is empty you can right click end EVA, the auto switch is only to make them take it off before bed. What i usually do is every day once my regular eva pawns have had breakfast, crapped showered and are hanging out or using the treadmills i get them to start EVA and get some jobs done, if i had it so pawns equipped a suit as soon as they woke up then they would be doing everything at half speed inside the hab.

And i don't want them to be able to quick charge suits to full that's cheating, the quick charging is meant to be a short bump just to keep them going a while longer if they really need to put out fires or something urgent like that, you're supposed to store the suit and let it charge to full which should last something like 2 days depending on physical activity, the little blue lights on the station show current O2%

Daaang good. In this case, no complaints - great job, mod is awesome... Also love how I can deconstruct a small part of the hab without it deflating. Now, to build my OWN "inflatable" walls. (clever naming on the material to make it literally say Inflatable wall :P)

Rock5

Are you guys talking about v3? Sounds awesome. Is there a description of the new features for v3 anywhere?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Dubwise

Quote from: Rock5 on December 10, 2016, 08:42:30 AM
Are you guys talking about v3? Sounds awesome. Is there a description of the new features for v3 anywhere?

there's a download link on page 1 under alpha, no features list yet but i re-coded the whole thing and its gone from 2mb to 23mb

Canute

Btw. you should update the 1. step guide for the v3.

People need a bit more info what they should build/place at first.
And how soil works now with the new mashines.

And i agree with yavorh, that the EVA refill process should hold at last a bit longer 25-50%.

Don't you think the landing module should have a little reactor too, around 500-1000W ?

Dubwise

Well its easy enough to setup a solar panel, and the ships already starts with 4 full cells worth of charge in it, takes me days to run that down at the start.
i'll look at the quick refill but what i will probably do is give the suits a battery too, so you cant just keep quick filling the air over and over you will have to store it to charge the battery, otherwise it would just be too easy.
and im changing lots of stuff hence the alfalfa. so im not going to write a startup guide yet, once im happy with v3 i'll do the guide, a youtube series and push to steam make it official and all that jazz

shirlierox

Quote from: dubwise56 on December 09, 2016, 06:59:33 PM
Tip, colonists can poop in their suits if you don't have a working toilet

Haha oh my that made me laugh reading that

Serenity

Canute

- treadmill works even without power.

- Why does the colonist need special fitness ? Ok yes the gravity on mars is lower, but doesn't the weight of the EVA compensate this ? When they wield an EVA they should gain fitness like at the treadmill. They only need the treadmill if they stay longer without the EVA.

Dubwise

Quote from: Canute on December 10, 2016, 05:23:20 PM
- treadmill works even without power.

- Why does the colonist need special fitness ? Ok yes the gravity on mars is lower, but doesn't the weight of the EVA compensate this ? When they wield an EVA they should gain fitness like at the treadmill. They only need the treadmill if they stay longer without the EVA.

fixed the treadmill, and they should already gain fitness from doing work like hauling mining constructing but im still tweaking numbers and i thought about making suit wearing at least prevent muscle loss, you should need treadmills for people who sit at desks all day though, and fitness on mars is actually a big deal so im adding things like osteoporosis which can be mitigated with drugs, also im probably going to add even more needs in later patches