[A16] MarsX v3.0.2 - Musky Edition

Started by Dubwise, September 11, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubwise

Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 01, 2017, 07:56:40 PM
I have a question, how i get the reactors working for more energy? Y connect all the stuff but it's not working.

ok a little complicated but... you get the core components and fuel module sent as cargo, build the core, load the fuel module into the core. you then need at least 1 radiator connected via cooling pipes to the core, at least 1 thermoelectric generator connected via heat pipes to the core, at least 1 transformer connected via high voltage cable to the thermoelectric generator and if you click on the transformer you should then see it rise to 1000w slowly, then continue to rise as you add more rads and generators.

To get full power you connect 8 radiators and 4 thermoelectric generators to the core. you can use different combinations of generators and transformers to create separate power nets with different total power outputs.

vv1911

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 01, 2017, 11:52:37 AM
Quote from: vv1911 on January 01, 2017, 11:46:18 AM
my pawns dont build anything i think it is bugged

disable other mods, restart rimworld, make sure pawns have construction enabled in the work tab, make sure you empty the resources out of the starting crates, not sure what else to suggest

i already disabled all the mods and when i restarted the game i made a new colony with the mars mod and the gamecore but they still dont build by them self i have to micro manage them all to built and i need to built the hab it doesnt do it by it self like in alpha 15
and i get a debug log error saying
exception in verse.AI .thinknode priority sorter

lacrimi512

Last Question, sorry:

How I collect H20?

Dubwise

Quote from: vv1911 on January 02, 2017, 05:28:09 AM
Quote from: dubwise56 on January 01, 2017, 11:52:37 AM
Quote from: vv1911 on January 01, 2017, 11:46:18 AM
my pawns dont build anything i think it is bugged

disable other mods, restart rimworld, make sure pawns have construction enabled in the work tab, make sure you empty the resources out of the starting crates, not sure what else to suggest

i already disabled all the mods and when i restarted the game i made a new colony with the mars mod and the gamecore but they still dont build by them self i have to micro manage them all to built and i need to built the hab it doesnt do it by it self like in alpha 15
and i get a debug log error saying
exception in verse.AI .thinknode priority sorter

The hab changed from the a15 preview so that's normal, the way you worded it makes it sound like you have mars first before the core in the mod order, if that's the case then make sure core is first. If not then i don't have any idea why the ai is breaking for you, nobody else reported this problem so maybe its a corrupt install, missing file, bad config, something like that?

Dubwise

Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 02, 2017, 07:39:25 AM
Last Question, sorry:

How I collect H20?

Build a MIWEX, the lights at the top show the current status, red means its empty, green/orange means there's no more storage space for water so its stalled production, and blue crawling lights means its running.

Use the dig icy sand designation tool to dig up areas of sand that have a moisture level greater than 0%

and you will get bags of icy sand

Then load them into the MIWEX and it will slowly produce H2O.

And build a tank to store the water

Lerin

Electric furnances consume o2 ?
If not did you plan this feature ?

"I'm not a modder, but I'm just wondering if you would mind either releasing the medical bag as a stand alone mod or allow someone else to? BECAUSE THAT THING IS AMAZING.
Please? :D (Or would it break other mods...?)" - it would be wonderful

Dubwise

Quote from: Lerin on January 02, 2017, 09:01:21 AM
Electric furnances consume o2 ?
If not did you plan this feature ?

"I'm not a modder, but I'm just wondering if you would mind either releasing the medical bag as a stand alone mod or allow someone else to? BECAUSE THAT THING IS AMAZING.
Please? :D (Or would it break other mods...?)" - it would be wonderful
I'm going to work on production facilities effects on air when i start developing the research

And done
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=832333531

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 02, 2017, 07:39:25 AM
Last Question, sorry:

How I collect H20?
You can also build a AWG, it collects water from the air. Look at that Humidity value in rooms, it takes from that, so it's best build indoors with high Humidity. (You can also build it outside for a rather slow H2O gain)

Dubwise

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 02, 2017, 10:51:22 AM
(You can also build it outside for a rather slow H2O gain)

Huh that's odd, shouldn't be able to do that  ???

lacrimi512

Ooops, My mistake, i wanted to know how to make Methane (H4) Not H2O : (

Nord

What i'm doing wrong? Not enough components for me to create 2 eva stations, oxygen generator, water generator, small greenhouse and 2 solar panels. Well... not enough to create something more (most important - for third solar panel). Should i build component assembly bench on  the beginning of game? Or do not build something? Thanks.

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Nord on January 02, 2017, 12:49:30 PM
What i'm doing wrong? Not enough components for me to create 2 eva stations, oxygen generator, water generator, small greenhouse and 2 solar panels. Well... not enough to create something more (most important - for third solar panel). Should i build component assembly bench on  the beginning of game? Or do not build something? Thanks.
You land with one small O2 generator (just set it up), 2 solar panels/eva stations are doable and regarding expanding the base for greenhouse: Mine for iron/aluminium to build the walls.
Also don't forget that the lander has electricity, H2O, N2 and O2 storage and those are filled.

Quote from: dubwise56 on January 02, 2017, 11:25:00 AM
Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 02, 2017, 10:51:22 AM
(You can also build it outside for a rather slow H2O gain)

Huh that's odd, shouldn't be able to do that  ???
Yeah that surprised me too! But it is REALLY slow.
Sidenote: How about making the storage inside the lander a lower priority than the other storages? I really don't want to send it back home full with water. Or maybe some "only output" button for H2O, O2 etc.?

Dubwise

Quote from: lacrimi512 on January 02, 2017, 11:44:21 AM
Ooops, My mistake, i wanted to know how to make Methane (H4) Not H2O : (

Ok no problem, build a MISPP

it requires co2 and lots of h2o, and produces ch4 and lots of o2
if the lights are flicking blue/orange then its working.
if they are red then its stalled and either needs more h2o or co2, or it needs more storage space for o2 or ch4.
1 spherical tank of ch4 and 4 spherical tanks of o2 are required to fill a rockets fuel tanks.
and it takes about 8 tanks of water and 1 tank of co2 to make that much.

Nord

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on January 02, 2017, 01:19:13 PM
You land with one small O2 generator (just set it up), 2 solar panels/eva stations are doable and regarding expanding the base for greenhouse: Mine for iron/aluminium to build the walls.
Also don't forget that the lander has electricity, H2O, N2 and O2 storage and those are filled.
You mean, one MOXIE is enough to sustain atmosphere in hub and greenhouse, and fill enough EVA stations? I will try.

And yes, wet towels seems not work.

One more question: is solar flare as in previous version mean death to all because of freezing plants and not working oxygen refill?

Lerin

Hmm what about a little hardcore version, and little refactor moxie, AGS and soil worktable reaction to:
Soil worktable (renamed to MSS (Mechanical Soil Separator :D or something weird))
(MSS) "Icy sand - > Soil + Ice"
(MOXIE, AGS) "Ice (electrolysis) -> H2 + O2"

Hydrogen for Fuel
Oxygen for Breathing

And no more oxygen from just Marsian Atmosphere ?

Power need for electrolysis (3600W)
Power obtain from H2 (1800W)

Or something like that ? just giving idea ;)