[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Industrial RIM (v.1.1.2)

Started by Cala13er, March 17, 2014, 05:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age would you prefer to start in using the new tech tree?

Ancient Era - Start from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost nothing available)
253 (70.1%)
Classical Era - Start 1 age up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with few things available)
33 (9.1%)
Medieval Era - Start 2 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with many things available)
17 (4.7%)
Renaissance Era - Start 3 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with plenty of things available)
7 (1.9%)
Industrial Era - Start 4 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with just over half of things available)
23 (6.4%)
Modern Era - Start 5 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with most things available)
9 (2.5%)
Atomic Era - Start 6 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with almost everything available)
2 (0.6%)
Information Era - Start 7 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with only few things not available, and not many researches)
2 (0.6%)
Experimental Era - Start 8 ages up from the beginning of the tech tree (Start with everything but the experimental stage stuff)
15 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 361

Celthric Aysen

My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Celthric Aysen

Currently working on a new texture for the Coal Power Plant, jesus its taking ages!
any suggestions on what i might add on the coal power plant?
i also need inspirations as the insides of the coal power plant is looking too clean and i need to dirty it up abit.

daft73

Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 02:29:54 AM....
I will look into it asap. I like the sound of it.
That's sweet, looking forward to what comes of this ;D

Celthric Aysen

Guys we need your help...
we are currently making a wiki page for Industrial RIM but it is unfinished and we only got a very few done..
and we could use your help on making new page's and prettying up the place because its messy as hell.
we are currently too busy with adding new stuff to Industrial RIM and we just don't have time to do the wiki.
we are not forcing you to do this but it will help :)
http://industrialrim.wikia.com/wiki/IndustrialRIM_Wiki
Thanks to those who helped fixing up the wiki ;)

AntiMatter

Quote from: Sicken on April 24, 2014, 08:11:11 AM

I added a nice "little" piece of furniture to your mod just for giggles.  :)

could you possibly hand me that piece of neat coding you've done there? also while i'm talking about the banner I (personally, due to the recent "i don't want a war" comment a couple pages back) would like a banner which says instead of reading the normal "powered by squirrels" to read "powered by" (or with help by being powered by) then the betterpower plus banner... i'm not asking for it... i'm just asking how i would go about doing it.

...you know... cuz i think these two mods complement each other... and the banner i'm thinking of would look awesomesauce (cuz i have a few sketches in mind heh)
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Cala13er

Considering they aren't at all to compliment each other, that's surprising. However me and architect are on good terms, and I expect something may happen in the future :)

AntiMatter

Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 04:30:22 PM
Considering they aren't at all to compliment each other, that's surprising. However me and architect are on good terms, and I expect something may happen in the future :)

eh... guess i'm just thinking too positive again. (well i could be an ass and say they're both crap but i'd have to get my gf to bitch slap me afterwards for telling a lie)
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Cala13er

Quote from: AntiMatter on April 24, 2014, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: Cala13er on April 24, 2014, 04:30:22 PM

eh... guess i'm just thinking too positive again. (well i could be an ass and say they're both crap but i'd have to get my gf to bitch slap me afterwards for telling a lie)

hahaha, better positive than negative :)

oronnoro2

I'm having bit of a problem. Maybe I just don't understand the mod enough and I'm missing something or mods are conflicting and I'm not getting the resource.

I understand that the blue bits in the image I'm posting is metal, and the orange / brown is copper?

How do I get it? Should I have some when I start the game? I've researched quite a few things, but several of the researched objects need this other metal that I do not have. Thank you for the help!

EDIT:
I'm getting Iron Ore from the areas you would usually get copper from by mining it.

Sicken

Quote from: oronnoro2 on April 24, 2014, 08:45:00 PM
I'm having bit of a problem. Maybe I just don't understand the mod enough and I'm missing something or mods are conflicting and I'm not getting the resource.

I understand that the blue bits in the image I'm posting is metal, and the orange / brown is copper?

How do I get it? Should I have some when I start the game? I've researched quite a few things, but several of the researched objects need this other metal that I do not have. Thank you for the help!

EDIT:
I'm getting Iron Ore from the areas you would usually get copper from by mining it.

Betterpower+ and industrial rim have conflicting world gen. all you need is go into the betterpower+ mod, find the def folder, then find the MapGeneratorDefs folder and delete it, then start a new map. (this is a simple fix and there are better ways then this)

Sicken

Quote from: AntiMatter on April 24, 2014, 04:27:14 PM
Quote from: Sicken on April 24, 2014, 08:11:11 AM
I added a nice "little" piece of furniture to your mod just for giggles.  :)

could you possibly hand me that piece of neat coding you've done there? also while i'm talking about the banner I (personally, due to the recent "i don't want a war" comment a couple pages back) would like a banner which says instead of reading the normal "powered by squirrels" to read "powered by" (or with help by being powered by) then the betterpower plus banner... i'm not asking for it... i'm just asking how i would go about doing it.

...you know... cuz i think these two mods complement each other... and the banner i'm thinking of would look awesomesauce (cuz i have a few sketches in mind heh)

I will work on it then post them both

oronnoro2

Cala13er

Quote from: oronnoro2 on April 24, 2014, 08:45:00 PM

EDIT:

Yeah better power + and industrial rim aren't compatible, if you have better power +  load after industrial rim it will be impossible to get copper and titanium therefore ruining the mod.

daft73

Is there a way to limit the amount of unique items to the mod. I mean I like the new concepts, but it forces some choices for the player. I am sure there is a way to make less unique items, yet keep the mods identity. What exactly is the reason behind replacing vs just adding a new resource to the game? That seems like a logical solution, but then again I'm not working on the mod and this may not be possible.

iame6162013

Quote from: daft73 on April 25, 2014, 12:55:03 PM
Is there a way to limit the amount of unique items to the mod. I mean I like the new concepts, but it forces some choices for the player. I am sure there is a way to make less unique items, yet keep the mods identity. What exactly is the reason behind replacing vs just adding a new resource to the game? That seems like a logical solution, but then again I'm not working on the mod and this may not be possible.
but if u mean the metal 'change' it's just the normal metal. But with a new texture ;)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."