[A15] Rim-Magic Magic weapons,clothes, Potions, Etc (ceased)

Started by hendrikpfaff, September 13, 2016, 01:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 24, 2016, 04:29:47 AM
So.. you have 1 item that has diffrent looks on diffrent body types right?
How can i make a craftable item of such thing  ???
Here's what you name the different textures per body type of an item;
Jacket.png
Jacket_Fat_back.png
Jacket_Fat_front.png
Jacket_Fat_side.png
Jacket_Female_back.png
Jacket_Female_front.png
Jacket_Female_side.png
Jacket_Hulk_back.png
Jacket_Hulk_front.png
Jacket_Hulk_side.png
Jacket_Male_back.png
Jacket_Male_front.png
Jacket_Male_side.png
Jacket_Thin_back.png
Jacket_Thin_front.png
Jacket_Thin_side.png

So long as 'Jacket' will read something like 'MagicalRobe', you can have a really differently looking texture per body type, for the same item in your XML! :)

P.S.: This is what it will read in the XML for Jacket:
<texPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Jacket/Jacket</texPath>

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Master Bucketsmith on September 24, 2016, 04:45:34 AM
Here's what you name the different textures per body type of an item;
Jacket.png
Jacket_Fat_back.png
Jacket_Fat_front.png
Jacket_Fat_side.png
Jacket_Female_back.png
Jacket_Female_front.png
Jacket_Female_side.png
Jacket_Hulk_back.png
Jacket_Hulk_front.png
Jacket_Hulk_side.png
Jacket_Male_back.png
Jacket_Male_front.png
Jacket_Male_side.png
Jacket_Thin_back.png
Jacket_Thin_front.png
Jacket_Thin_side.png

So long as 'Jacket' will read something like 'MagicalRobe', you can have a really differently looking texture per body type, for the same item in your XML! :)

P.S.: This is what it will read in the XML for Jacket:
<texPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Jacket/Jacket</texPath>

Thank you :D

Canute

Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 24, 2016, 04:34:15 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2016, 04:02:26 PM
I think more at a magic effect you can use at combat.
The effect lower a bleeding effect.
And when there isn't any bleeding it raise the HP by x points or x% of max. HP.
But i don't think you can't do this with xml only. There was a healing effect long ago for the Alien Ant, and he made a dll for it.
Is that dll still compatible for Alpha 15 and is that user still active??
I can't even find the thread anymore.
But at the same day i wrote this, a Healing gun mod appear https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25953.0.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on September 24, 2016, 05:19:18 AM
Quote from: hendrikpfaff on September 24, 2016, 04:34:15 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2016, 04:02:26 PM
I think more at a magic effect you can use at combat.
The effect lower a bleeding effect.
And when there isn't any bleeding it raise the HP by x points or x% of max. HP.
But i don't think you can't do this with xml only. There was a healing effect long ago for the Alien Ant, and he made a dll for it.
Is that dll still compatible for Alpha 15 and is that user still active??
I can't even find the thread anymore.
But at the same day i wrote this, a Healing gun mod appear https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25953.0.
Shouldnt be a problem to "make" a healing weapon the thing is its pretty OverPowerd so i'm trying to make a potion instead and if that doesnt work out i will add a healing weapon.

Violyte

Quote from: Violyte on September 24, 2016, 12:30:43 AM
SO I finished clothing textures... I did something different. I have 3 main outfit "kinds", the sorcerer/mage, necromancer, and witch/wizard. Within the mage and wizard outfits I have different designs-

Witch/Wizard                                                                        Sorcerer
______________                                                             _____________
Fat and thin Electric green witchy                                      Fat and thin fiery magerobes
Purple Witch Female                                                          Sorcerer Red and Blue Female
Wizard/greyrobes Male                                                      Sorcerer Blue Male with red brooch
Hulk Traditional blue "star" wizard robe                              Hulk Priest           

I did it between 2 outfit cores because I didn't think the designs worked with all the bodytypes (for instance the star wizard is traditionally a tall wizard and stars won't fit on a thin body) plus some were gender specific, as well as not to take up a lot of space in the mods.  Idk I think it's more organized that way.     

I also did a skull hood thing, a female necromancer hair, lightning struck hair, a sorceress hood, a priest hat, a witch hat, and a wizard hat with a built in beard.

Master Bucketsmith explained pretty well, thanks!

So the files are already named and organized
"sorcerer: body types         witchandwiz: body types       and necro: body types"

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Violyte on September 24, 2016, 07:06:11 AM
Quote from: Violyte on September 24, 2016, 12:30:43 AM
SO I finished clothing textures... I did something different. I have 3 main outfit "kinds", the sorcerer/mage, necromancer, and witch/wizard. Within the mage and wizard outfits I have different designs-

Witch/Wizard                                                                        Sorcerer
______________                                                             _____________
Fat and thin Electric green witchy                                      Fat and thin fiery magerobes
Purple Witch Female                                                          Sorcerer Red and Blue Female
Wizard/greyrobes Male                                                      Sorcerer Blue Male with red brooch
Hulk Traditional blue "star" wizard robe                              Hulk Priest           

I did it between 2 outfit cores because I didn't think the designs worked with all the bodytypes (for instance the star wizard is traditionally a tall wizard and stars won't fit on a thin body) plus some were gender specific, as well as not to take up a lot of space in the mods.  Idk I think it's more organized that way.     

I also did a skull hood thing, a female necromancer hair, lightning struck hair, a sorceress hood, a priest hat, a witch hat, and a wizard hat with a built in beard.

Master Bucketsmith explained pretty well, thanks!

There's 3 items. I had a sorcerer outfit with different colors, and a witch/wizard combo which is basically the same thing but one is female and one male, and then the necromancer.

So the files are already named and organized
"sorcerer: body types         witchandwiz: body types       and necro: body types"

So if you wanted to craft them you would make craft necromancer clothes, enchanter(sorcerer)'s clothes, or magician's clothes.
Yea it works but i do not have a texure for when its droped on the ground :/ so should i just copy an texture and paste it as droped item?

Violyte

Yes that would work or I can give you some tomorrow, whatever you want. I'd probably do folded clothing with a star, a flame, and a skull to tell what they are. Or... it might be neat to do like a small magic light circle on the ground where you drop them.

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Violyte on September 24, 2016, 07:34:16 AM
Yes that would work or I can give you some tomorrow, whatever you want. I'd probably do folded clothing with a star, a flame, and a skull to tell what they are. Or... it might be neat to do like a small magic light circle on the ground where you drop them.
Would be great if you can make them thx

hendrikpfaff

Vagaroid

Canute

I think the Windstruck Hair with +6 m/s is too much  +2 m/s like the other hat's or maybe +3 m/s.
Same with Speed Sigil that got +25 m/s,  i think +5 m/s should be ok since you can wear it with the other stuff.

You should update the 1.post with the new stuff, and maybe add some info about the bonus stats.

Edit:
Can you tag the appearal with Magic maybe. And don't forget to tag the hat's with the headgear tag. Currently all the hat's appear at the main appearal listing and not under headwear.

Violyte

I would have send defs and put them all in folders if I had realized it wasn't familiar to you, sorry.
So the end would write like this and you would need a hats folder-

<apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>FullHead</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <worngraphicPath>Hats/Necroskull</worngraphicPath>
      <layers>
        <li>Overhead</li>
      </layers>
      <commonality>0.05</commonality>
      <tags>
        <li>Spacer</li>
      </tags>
      <defaultOutfitTags>
        <li>Soldier</li>
      </defaultOutfitTags>
    </apparel>
    <colorGenerator Class="ColorGenerator_Options">
      <options>
        <li>
          <weight>4</weight>
          <only>RGBA(1,1,1,1)</only>
        </li>
      </options>
    </colorGenerator>
  </ThingDef>

hendrikpfaff

Quote from: Canute on September 25, 2016, 12:40:27 PM
I think the Windstruck Hair with +6 m/s is too much  +2 m/s like the other hat's or maybe +3 m/s.
Same with Speed Sigil that got +25 m/s,  i think +5 m/s should be ok since you can wear it with the other stuff.

You should update the 1.post with the new stuff, and maybe add some info about the bonus stats.

Edit:
Can you tag the appearal with Magic maybe. And don't forget to tag the hat's with the headgear tag. Currently all the hat's appear at the main appearal listing and not under headwear.
Sorry im still new to this should be fixed soon.

hendrikpfaff

Canute

Does you remember what fight it is to kill a Thumbro ? You need a small army just to get one down without casualties.
But 2 people with wind hairs  and electro wand, no problem. The electro effect kills it not the damage. And with the hairs they can keep on distance.
Need to test them on centipedes next.