[1.5] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwki

Quote from: Dingo on August 17, 2017, 06:52:57 PM
No Forced Slowdown

Made after some chitchat in the modding Discord server. A tiny mod powered by Harmony. Nullifies the forced x1 speed modifier which triggers on some events such as colonists taking damage.
It nullifies the speed limit or both limit and speed change?

Dingo

Quote from: lwki on August 31, 2017, 10:23:50 AM
It nullifies the speed limit or both limit and speed change?

You know how a mad animal or something attacks your colonist and it immediately locks you at x1 speed? That doesn't happen anymore. I think the answer to your question is "both" but I can't be sure off the top of my head.

lwki

Quote from: Dingo on August 31, 2017, 12:31:29 PM
You know how a mad animal or something attacks your colonist and it immediately locks you at x1 speed? That doesn't happen anymore. I think the answer to your question is "both" but I can't be sure off the top of my head.
Yeah, i was wondering if ill miss my colonist's death with this mod, because i was running at x3 and some random starving animal hunted him.

maculator

I translated "Refactored Workpriorities" into german.
Its so small I'll just dump it here:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<LanguageData>

<RWP_RepairThreshold_Label>&lt;b&gt;[Reparieren]&lt;/b&gt; Repariere Dinge wenn HP unter: &lt;b&gt;&lt;color=orange&gt;{0}%&lt;/color&gt;&lt;/b&gt;</RWP_RepairThreshold_Label>
   <RWP_RepairThreshold_Desc>Lege fest ab wann repariert wird. Dinge mit mehr HP als der festgelegte Wert werden nicht repariert..</RWP_RepairThreshold_Desc>

<RWP_PrioritizeRottable_Label>&lt;b&gt;[Tragen]&lt;/b&gt; Priorisiere das Tragen von verderblichen Waren</RWP_PrioritizeRottable_Label>
   <RWP_PrioritizeRottable_Desc>Träger werden Dinge die verrotten können bevorzugt tragen.</RWP_PrioritizeRottable_Desc>

<RWP_PrioritizeDeteriorating_Label>&lt;b&gt;[Tragen]&lt;/b&gt; Priorisiere das Tragen von zersetzbaren Waren</RWP_PrioritizeDeteriorating_Label>
   <RWP_PrioritizeDeteriorating_Desc>Träger werden Dinge die sich zersetzen können bevorzugt tragen.</RWP_PrioritizeDeteriorating_Desc>

<RWP_DeterioratableMinHealthPercent_Label>&lt;b&gt;[Tragen]&lt;/b&gt; HP Obergrenze für zersetzbarer Gegenstände: &lt;b&gt;&lt;color=orange&gt;{0}%&lt;/color&gt;&lt;/b&gt;</RWP_DeterioratableMinHealthPercent_Label>
   <RWP_DeterioratableMinHealthPercent_Label_Desc>Wenn "Priorisiere das Tragen von zersetzbaren Waren" aktiv ist werden Dinge unterhalb der gesetzten HP-Grenze ignoriert.</RWP_DeterioratableMinHealthPercent_Label_Desc>

<Designator_ForcedRepair>Reparieren (Grenze Ignorieren)</Designator_ForcedRepair>
   <Designator_ForcedRepairDesc>Repariert Gebäude auch wenn die HP noch oberhalb der gesetzten Grenze sind.</Designator_ForcedRepairDesc>   

</LanguageData>

Thanks for the mod!

Dingo

Thanks, I'll upload that next time I push an update. Much appreciated.

maculator

After testplaying it a bit I noticed something:
"Reparieren (Grenze Ignorieren)" can be a bit messy on higher UI scales shorter but not as helpfull would be "Jetzt reparieren" but since there is no other force repair option I guess you might just call it "Reparieren" without something descriptive.

Dingo

That means "repair now" right? How about some phrase for "forced repair"?

maculator

"Erzwinge Reperatur" makes sense now that I see the wohle picture^^

So the tooltip should be "Erzwingt die Reperatur von beschädigten Gebäuden/Objekten. Die in den Optionen festgelegte Grenze spielt dabei keine Rolle, es wird sofort repariert."

When translating it I never had used the forcerepair-tool (I thought "mhm don't know what that does, just translate").
I only noticed its presence when the extra long title cluttered over the ui :D
So the above is now a description and a title that make sense and are actually based on my experience.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: maculator on September 16, 2017, 08:02:32 AM
"Erzwinge Reperatur" makes sense now that I see the wohle picture^^

Erzwingt die sofortige Reperatur von beschädigten Gebäuden und Objekten. Die in den Optionen festgelegte Grenze spielt dabei keine Rolle.

I could not help myself.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dingo

maculator

maculator

You mentioned "performance improvements" for refactored workpriorities, now I'm curious: How much of an impact is the mod on cpu performance?
I also changed a single word in the translation for hand me that brick, nothing big just noticed it while looking at the options tab.

Dingo

Go ahead and throw me a pull request for HMTB if you're familiar with GitHub.

As for improvements, it depends on what exactly is needed for RWP in the next alpha. I know how to make some of my other mods like Archiver better since I had to do a ton of optimisation for my Work tab prototype. Maybe some of that will translate over to RWP as well.

Otherwise, I'd check the Issues tracker for any ideas I might have recorded so far.

maculator

I allready made a pullrequest. I was just curious how it, in the current state, affects cpu load. Because for my small, low on mods, colony I didn't notice a thing. But in github you specifficaly metioned improvements. Thats what made me curious.
(I commented on the github issue tracker, but github is a thing I use every 10-40 months so I'll be better off keeping an eye on this thread)

Dingo

I don't think I had any performance improvements in mind for RWP. I know for a fact I mentioned performance improvements for Archiver on the workshop. I didn't get any pull requests for HMTB (they'd show up here).