[1.5] Dingo's Mods (Mostly QoL)

Started by Dingo, September 14, 2016, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I made the log into a new mod called Notifications Archive. Powered by Harmony. It'll hook up better and is further expandable, for example in this version I added message archiving as a separate tab inside the main Notifications Archive tab.

I don't think it's fully compatible with saves that have Notifications Log active, but maybe if you overwrite the save it'll work itself out. New saves work perfectly, the lists are unique per save and they populate in real time.

*If anyone started making translations please refer to the latest language file included in this version and make a pull request.

wwWraith

Great work, but I suggest you to choose a shorter name for Notifications Archive because it may become cut if user have several other custom tabs. May be just "Notifications", "Events" or even "Logs"?

Upd: And is it possible to add the timestamps?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Dingo

The game actually never saves timestamps for them, and doing dates is a little bit funky in RW. I planned on doing it but it took so long to make everything work I postponed it indefinitely.

I'll be making textual changes though, I already got translations coming from people.

SpaceDorf

I will install the pregnancy and children mod and name my new colonists after you !
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dingo

Archiver Version 1.2.17 release notes:

Note: this version will ignore the previous version's save data, so it essentially "wipes" any letters/messages you had before you updated. However, it is highly recommended to use this version instead.

• Refactored code in many places.
  • Added a master class MasterArchive with various members and methods. The mod now runs almost everything through this class.
  • Added date logging.
  • Added strings.
  • Changed tab name to "Archive".
  • Minor cosmetic changes to the Archive tab.
  • German translation courtesy of NoName.
  • French translation courtesy of KapTaiN KaVerN.

wwWraith

I'm here again with a many thanks for your work with the Archiver! It makes me feel like mood +10 at least :) I like your other mods, too, but I have one more idea for the Archiver that goes even further...

What about making "Letters" and "Messages" in 1 list with a checkbox view filters instead of having 2 tabs? And if it is possible to add there game-generated "tales" like it was done in Nandonalt's Tale Log Tab mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29627.msg308976#msg308976), it would be perfect, I think. This way a player will have a (mostly) complete history of his colony in one window and will be able to easily recall the most interesting moments in details. It could be like "Oh yeah, that 5502 was a rather hard year. The raiders managed to go behind our turrets during a solar flare and started to burn our base while most of our soldiers were incapacitated, but then roof collapsed right on their heads. It was that time when Jimmy lost his arm but managed to capture their leader. Even while it took a week to repair our base and a whole year to recruit him, eventually we can't imagine our colony without him as he made many deeds with us that were truly heroic after all". And as a cherry on a cake there may be a simple text filter (like it was in said mod, but capable to filter same way "letters" and "messages", too) that allows the player to show only events related to any chosen pawn or whatever (s)he wants. As something like this:
Show: Letters [v]   Messages [x]   Tales [v]
Only show events with text: [______________]

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Dingo

I'd rather keep it simple. The mod was made for QoL improvement, not storytelling/narrative. I like the tabbed interface since the game also distinguishes between the 2 types of notifications.

If the player installs Tale Log + Archiver I'm pretty sure they can achieve the narrative you're describing, since it's all dated anyway. If someone wants to combine the 2 mods (assuming Tale Log has the appropriate license) I have no objections.

Dingo

Notifications Archiver 1.3.17

- Updated preview image.

- Updated strings.

- Some code refactoring.

- Removed tabbed interface.

- Added list filtering options.

- Messages that can be clicked to jump-to-target are marked by a white UnopenedLetter texture (similar to normal Letters).

SpaceDorf

I waited for this feature since I started to play Rimworld ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Instructor

Hey Dingo, great mods.

What is your opinion on that

The specialized craftsman stays at his station and does not leave it during bill order. An intelligent animal assigned to follow master will bring in materials for next crafts or bills, and takes the produce from the other side of the table.

I already do this kind of work order rather awkwardly with 1x1 stockpile zones for mats and drop on floor to keep the craftsmen in their station while the haulers run around. Haulers seem to stress the system a lot tho.

This sort of programming seems fitting for me on 3x1 stations, an in 3 blocks for to-do / in process / finished.

Hand me those mats.

Dingo

Doesn't seem like something I would personally make.

Snafu_RW

Is there any possibility to tweak ACE so 'breakdown' events are cleared as soon as <broken_thing> is repaired? Likewise parties & similar events with timeouts..

TVM for this BTW; makes things a lot smoother!
Dom 8-)

Dingo

I'll see if it doesn't require hardcoded special cases when I work on the next release. Could be a nice feature. Thanks for the suggestion!

Dingo

No Forced Slowdown

Made after some chitchat in the modding Discord server. A tiny mod powered by Harmony. Nullifies the forced x1 speed modifier which triggers on some events such as colonists taking damage.