[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jecrell

Quote from: sidfu on April 22, 2017, 08:00:52 AM
can u put a manual downlaod for the a16 versions also. no idea why u have direct version for a15 but not a18.

Quite simply, I want traffic redirected to my Patreon, so if anyone would like to donate to the projects I make for improved maintenance, etc, they can go through there.

Quote from: Decoherent on April 23, 2017, 05:27:38 PM
Quote from: Canute on April 22, 2017, 01:53:56 AM
Not sure about a wiki page/entry but its normaly pretty simple.

At the altar you got 2 tabs, Worship and Sacrifice.
Worship is to setup 2 daily sermons, this is a low but steady influence gain to a deity.

Sacrifice offering and animal are the same, you give items/animal to get influence to a deity.
Sacrifice Human you can use once the deity is "watching" you. This is the special thing with the spell/effect.
Each deity got his own unique spells, all spells got a little description what they do.
Not to speak that you need to upgrade the altar to stage/level 3, but when you did all research about cults you should have done that too.
Thanks :) I don't know how I missed the buttons at the top of the window. This is pretty fun, the race is always on to see if raiders can be sacrificed before they bleed out! Is the Lovecraft storyteller heavily biased towards human raids? I feel like I'm getting just constant waves, in an arctic climate where you usually don't get many. It's fine, just a little surprising.

In its current version, the Lovecraft storyteller functions as a hyperactive Cassandra. It's very simplistic and I do want to do a proper rewrite of it. When I wrote it in September, I made it very simple and in only XML.

Quote from: JT on April 17, 2017, 01:43:30 PM
So my tribals were cozily resting in their bed when I decided to start browsing the terrain to see what sorts of animals I could tame and/or to look out for predators, when I discovered that the ancient one that had meandered into our lands a season ago had met a most unfortunate and anticlimactic end...

In short, it may be ideal to give them immunity to infection -- the easiest way would be to give them a free healthdiff upon spawning with immuneTo tags (just like PenoxycylineHigh), but without any declination in severity. =)

Oooh~~ I'll look into if I can squeeze it into the next update or the following one.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Autocthon

Jecrell, could you possibly add the creature from the Dunwich Horror? You know the big barn sized one. Maybe make it a special event like how you find mechanoids sealed up in rooms in the vanilla game. Also, how about the 6 foot tall albino Penguins from At the Mountains of Madness for arctic biomes.

your dad

Is there any way to get a new grimoire of the occult? Mine was burned down on my research bench, and re-investigating  the monolith doesn't do anything
Saturdays are for the boys.

bob112

Quote from: your dad on April 29, 2017, 05:34:14 PM
Is there any way to get a new grimoire of the occult? Mine was burned down on my research bench, and re-investigating  the monolith doesn't do anything
Either hope you get lucky and get a new one via cargo pods dropping or spawn one in via dev mode

Autocthon

Quote from: your dad on April 29, 2017, 05:34:14 PM

I built some writing desks and my pawns wrote 5 or 6 Grimoires so far.

ChairmanPoo

Reinvestigating the monolith should work. It adds the "completed investigation" debuff and once that's in your pawn will write a grimoire sooner or later.

I find it odd that there haven't been any updates in a while btw...

XenGrimm

we're working on getting the Star Wars mod up to snuff for the May 4th release.

After that - expect moar cultiness.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: XenGrimm on April 30, 2017, 03:49:52 PM
we're working on getting the Star Wars mod up to snuff for the May 4th release.

After that - expect moar cultiness.
You guys should take your time with that. Can't wait for it to come out. Pairing that with the Call of Cthulhu mods should be awesome.

trashpunk

Hey man, thanks for such a great bunch of mods. Used the cults and industrial age mods for a while now for cults and stuff. On my current play through I've just unlocked the sacrificial alters and upgraded them, set up all the sacrifices and offerings, but every time I try to sacrifice an animal I get a message saying 'Executioner unavailable' and offerings I get 'Offerer is not performing task at hand' And they abort, can only seem to hold sermons correctly.

Any help much appreciated.

Canute

Sorry, i didn't offer animals at last (only humans), but maybe you need a sacrifal kris (craftable at the smith with all the other mellee weapons).
Just try to spawn a kris with the dev. tool, equip it and try if it works. Then just load a safegame from before and craft a kris.

trashpunk

Quote from: Canute on May 01, 2017, 10:34:04 AM
Sorry, i didn't offer animals at last (only humans), but maybe you need a sacrifal kris (craftable at the smith with all the other mellee weapons).
Just try to spawn a kris with the dev. tool, equip it and try if it works. Then just load a safegame from before and craft a kris.

I tried with a prisoner but he died before i could haha. I have a cult Kris also, still the same message.
Hmmm.

Edit: I tried it with a prisoner, same error.

Canute

Ok, i think someone else is trying to interact with the sacrifice target. Then the target becomes unavailable.
Use a colonist to strip the prisoner and look if someone else is trying to chat/feed/doctor the one.
This happen to me alot after a sermon when i sacrifice some prisoner.

ChairmanPoo

Probably yes, because I'm pretty sure you dont actually need athames