[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCreeper

How frequently and in which biomes spiders should appear?
And is there mod or tool and dev mode that allow you to ignore speed cap on fight or taking damage? It's one of the most annoying things in the game.

jepeman

Noticed a bug/exploit.

When your colony gathers for a scheduled sermon during a raid, the enemies patiently stop moving (and maybe attacking) and just stand around for the duration of the sermon. You can also exploit it further by force worshiping.
The colonists that are drafted, can continue to attack, etc.

My preacher is incapable of violent, so she never fights during a raid and is performing the sermon alone while everyone else is shooting the mesmerized (bugged) enemies.

MCreeper

Agency  is damn geniuses.
1. If they notice cult research table, they declare war immediately.
2. If they notice altar for human sacrifices they perfectly OK with it.

3. If in bugged ancient danger, that they come to help me against, they notice "King in yellow" book, that isn't even mine they attack me too. Precisely this thing was slowpoke-noticed by downed agency soldier, after main part left the map.

Ok with third part, can't be done better, but second is strange.

faltonico

@MCreeper
You can have human sacrifices for reasons other than cults =#

Igams

Absolutely love this mod but I have a few things I can't figure out.

1. On the first page it's mentioned that there is a clothing bonus that affects preaching and chance of a successful spell, but does it have to be the new cultist clothes to get the bonus or can I get a bonus from any high quality clothing? If the cultist clothing does have an effect on the mechanics does wearing the clothes of a specific god matter? For example, if I wear the mask of Cthulhu while making a sacrifice to Cthulhu will I see more of a benefit than wearing another God's mask? And another thing about the clothing bonus; do only the clothes of the Preacher/Executioner matter or does the clothing of the audience affect it as well? Will I have more success if I force everyone to wear cultist robes and Cthulhu masks when casting a spell or preaching?

2. With that said is there anything else that affects either spell success rate or preaching effectiveness? For example maybe the Social skill or the Talking stat for Preaching? I can't think of any skill/stat that would affect spell success except maybe Intelligence? What about your favor with the specific god in question or the number of cultist you have? I could see those things having an effect but I'm not sure.

3. Can the Dark Young and the Byakhee(or any other new tamable pets, those are the only two I've found) breed and have offspring? I've got a whole bunch of Dark Young and I've never seen them breed. But even in Vanilla the larger and rarer animals almost never breed so it's hard to say.

4. Is Starry Wisdom supposed to give you the both the Psychopath trait and the Cannibal trait? The flavor text seems to imply this but I've used it several times and only get the Psychopath trait. Was it changed or is this just a bug on my end?

5. Are the new Insanity conditions and their various tiers permanent? Do they ever regress or disappear completely? Or is a pawn stuck with it once it crosses into each new tier of Insanity?

6. Do the obelisks have an effect on anything or are they just awesome decorations?

7. Holy crap, Unspeakable Oath is crazy. it's kind of weird how the effects of it aren't detailed in the new trait they get once resurrected or displayed in some kind of health condition. I'm trying to figure it out and from what I can tell it completely removes any need to sleep or eat, locks their mood at a constant 50, and all of this without any kind of drawbacks? At least I couldn't find any drawbacks in my testing of it. Is there anything I missed here, either positive or negative?

If anyone could help me with any of these I'd really appreciate it. I've spent a lot of time testing this mod but I'm stumped on these.

MCreeper

2. Statues of the god, perhaps. Damn thing don't give bonus to attention and too expensive to be totally useless. If you have non-cultist colonist, you shouldn't let him go on spellcasting - god will be "angered by presence off unworthy" and spell likely will fail horribly.
5. Not permanent, and wears off pretty fast. Just don't make fully insane wimp fight - he will be bedridden for a long time.  ;D

Don't know  much myself because "raid upon raid upon raid" troubles and bug in first play that locked me away from any gods except Hastur.

Igams

Quote from: MCreeper on July 08, 2017, 03:07:57 AM
2. Statues of the god, perhaps. Damn thing don't give bonus to attention and too expensive to be totally useless. If you have non-cultist colonist, you shouldn't let him go on spellcasting - god will be "angered by presence off unworthy" and spell likely will fail horribly.
5. Not permanent, and wears off pretty fast. Just don't make fully insane wimp fight - he will be bedridden for a long time.  ;D

Don't know  much myself because "raid upon raid upon raid" troubles and bug in first play that locked me away from any gods except Hastur.

Alright thanks that's good to know  ;D

jecrell

HP Lovecraft Storyteller Update

The Mist

7/9/17
Update 1.17.2.0

- Added new Omen event. The Mist.
- Added Mist Stalkers.
- Paranoia events now produce sanity loss reports with randomly generated visions, daydreams, and nightmares and scale with storyteller difficulty.
- Fixed bug where the disoriented event never appeared.
- Adjusted code to better ensure apperances of Mist and Blood Moon.
- Slighty shorter time between incidents.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

jecrell

Arachnophobia Update

7/9/17
v1.17.1.9
--------------
- Wildness of spiders and giant spiders lowered from 95% to 75% to make easier training and obedience.
- Natural ecosystem weight lowered by 6%.
- Adjusted spawn menu to allow for quarter factors of 0.25 for higher customizability in spider spawns.

SNKcell

Hey jecrell, could you recommend me the best order to load all your mods? I am having problems when I activate the cults mod

Maybe I have too many mods

jecrell

Quote from: SNKcell on July 09, 2017, 12:53:02 AM
Hey jecrell, could you recommend me the best order to load all your mods? I am having problems when I activate the cults mod

Maybe I have too many mods
Cults mod requires JecsTools.

jecrell

HP Lovecraft Storyteller Update

7/9/17
V1.2.2
Added French translation by Coyote2710.
V1.2.1 (Hotfix)
Made it so mist stalkers disappeared properly when the event ended.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: jecrell on September 14, 2016, 08:20:30 AM

Adds Webs.

• Webs stun smaller animals for spiders to catch.

• Webs can be harvested for spider silk.
Adds Spider Silk

• Webs and cocoons will occasionally drop spider silk that can be used in creating clothing.

Hi Jecrell,

while building my spider-army, I was wondering about the best practice of a GCS Silk farm.
So how exactly is it that cocoons drop silk and how would I go about harvesting a web other than stepping into it ?

Also Spiders in general are the best solution so far to keep my farms free of anyoing critters. Thank you for that.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

jecrell,
what do you think about a call for sermon range option for the altars ?

I think most most people encounter the problem, someone is moving out to do some work/hauling, they nearly arrived or finished the work and the preacher is calling. The pawn abort the job, the hauler turn back and both don't even made it to the sermon.

I think the altar need a range selector like for workbench and only pawn&friends will come to the sermon inside the range !