Artist with Stuff, any Coders Interested?

Started by GreyFluffs, October 20, 2016, 10:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Hey sorry for the delay buddy.

I am definitively engaged in too much projects at the time and I struggle for keeping pace actually, with the little free time I have  ;D

So yes, in Github you can create "organization" that are just "a group of github's users", but then you can manage things as a group. With Skullywag we have already created one loooooooooooooooong time ago with the same goals in mind than what you were speaking about. (I send you an invitation via github BTW  ;)).

The original idea was to have this in case a modder is planning to get "retired" and wish to let his mod "opened for all". We then could have added the mod to this organization and all members ("well-known" contributors from the modding scene) could then manage it as a "community project" collectively. But the project have never get further for now ^^

But like you, I'm not sure it is the best way to organize it all.
The only project hosted there is the "XML Documentation Project" and we were only two contributors so far; so I'd say it's too soon to tell.
But with Dingo we manage to collaborate well without talking that much :p and it worked well so far (Cheers Dingo buddy  :) - He did all the real work on this one).

It is also worth to note that Github is actually used in professional environment and can be plug-in/integrated with a tons of 3rd party-tool. Like Project management, Localization, Documentation/Publication etc (probably Discord to hook up with the modding chat - and we could even write more ^^ )

So my opinion, yes it could be nice to have someone trying to organize community projects.
In fact, I'm pretty sure it is the primary reason that we don't have them already (the level of organization required for this). (this is just my opinion)
And no (except the Github Organization) there is no similar projects, I know of, already

And you can count on me (and the little free time I got left :p) to help  8)

Tammabanana

Cool! I'll see what I can figure out, as I learn the environment.
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

A Friend

These are adorable. Your style is like a fluffier and cuter version of the vanilla art.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Violyte

DonationBox

Yo, coder here. I'm almost done with my shield mod so I'll probably be taking a crack at this. Probably going to implement them as Thrumbo type rare spawns or Ancient Dangers (not hostile all the time though). I'll see if I could get them to breath fire as a natural attack.

Holler if you DON'T want me to use your sprites.

Tammabanana

Quote from: noobinall on February 01, 2017, 05:59:26 AM
Yo, coder here. I'm almost done with my shield mod so I'll probably be taking a crack at this. Probably going to implement them as Thrumbo type rare spawns or Ancient Dangers (not hostile all the time though). I'll see if I could get them to breath fire as a natural attack.

Holler if you DON'T want me to use your sprites.

I haven't heard from Grey in a while. Lemme know if you want collaborator-status on the GitHub site where we stuffed all the files, https://github.com/Tammabanana/Community-Fantasy-Animals .
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

forestfey

wheeeeeee!!! omg, are these goooood? :D
Can I take them home with me and keep them, pleasepleaseplease? I promise I will feed them my very best stuff (and I love cooking...) and groom and pet them thoroughly every day! Even IF they burn down the whole compound. I DON'T CAAAAREEEEE!!! <3

and... omg I need to bookmark this, so I can find it again with my sieve-brain. In case I overcome my initial scepticism and "fears" about git(hub)... But I think the effort could be warranted for better collabs?
"Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
_
Klirrend klare Nacht
funkelt durch den Schleier.
Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
Sparkles through the veil.
Unfolding inwards

Dodisosa

Hey guys. :)
I kinda finished this (To my liking anyhow) . Just polished the coding, changed some minor stuff and added the last 3 dragons. Nothing special. But I can put this up on nexus or something for other people to enjoy. I mean if that's okay?
(I understand coding but have never done it, but it seems to work fine.)

Tammabanana

Quote from: Dodisosa on March 05, 2017, 04:47:25 PM
I kinda finished this (To my liking anyhow) . Just polished the coding, changed some minor stuff and added the last 3 dragons. Nothing special. But I can put this up on nexus or something for other people to enjoy. I mean if that's okay?

Please do! Do you want a copy of it on the GitHub somehow, too? I'm not real sure what the best way of doing that would be, but could figure it out. When we began, it was an open question of what we would do if different people had different takes on the animals - I think I'd like to at least link out to folks' resulting mods.

Dodisosa

Quote from: Tammabanana on March 05, 2017, 06:41:34 PM

Please do! Do you want a copy of it on the GitHub somehow, too? I'm not real sure what the best way of doing that would be, but could figure it out. When we began, it was an open question of what we would do if different people had different takes on the animals - I think I'd like to at least link out to folks' resulting mods.

Umm.. I don't really know anything about GitHub. That's why I asked about nexus. :) But you just tell me what to do and I'll do it!

Dodisosa

Just fixed one more thing I found. :D Noticed that the dragons etc was dying on my map. They can be killed by racoons, their damage was way off! Kinda funny seeing a big dragon dying from such a smal prey. xD

*Update*
Also added eggs instead of pregnancy for the dragons.

Tammabanana

Quote from: Dodisosa on March 05, 2017, 08:23:46 PM
Quote from: Tammabanana on March 05, 2017, 06:41:34 PM

Umm.. I don't really know anything about GitHub. That's why I asked about nexus. :) But you just tell me what to do and I'll do it!

Aha! OK! I'll poke around on GitHub and see what the best way to do it is. Would you be comfortable with learning it enough to sync your work to it (after initial setup that I could walk you through, it would just be doing your work on your desktop same as usual, and then opening a GitHub app and pushing a Sync button whenever you change something), or rather not?