[1.0+] Outer Galaxies (AKA Rimworld 2.0; now with 70's T-levels)

Started by Razzoriel, October 30, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirskips

keep up the good work the combination of so many awesome mods will mean i can have it all without the strain on my PC memory you are the SHIT!

FosterKicks

I really like the story(?) at the beginning =)

Razzoriel

Quote from: VauntedPixels on August 25, 2017, 03:09:27 PM
I really like the story(?) at the beginning =)
It's kind of a prelude to justify more technological levels in-between the vanilla game.

Razzoriel

Biomes are ready, but will need ironing and tuning, since there are several instances of biomes speckling over. The formulas are not perfect, but are working well enough for release.

New biomes are: Woodlands (Tropical, Temperate, Boreal), Flooded Rainforests, Meadows, Grasslands, Praires, Steppes, Heathlands, Savannas, Cerrados. This effectively doubles the amount of biomes you can land on.

• Woodlands are lesser forests, with less trees and animals. Most are in temperate areas with less rainfall than standard forests.

• Flooded rainforests are perma-flooded tropical lands which are distinct from tropical swamps and forests; while tropical forests have seasonal floodings and swamps are not directly related to rain, flooded rainforests are in a near-constant state of rains throughout the whole year. A rainy tropical swamp becomes a flooded rainforest. For Rimworld, if tropical forests are 'green hells', In Outer Galaxies they are Purgatory, tropical swamps are the 3rd circle, and flooded rainforests are the 9th circle. Also, dinosaurs (thanks, DinoRim)

• Steppes are drier, slightly hotter and slightly less fertile tundras. It bears a lot of similarities with tundras, being tougher and easier in certain aspects to settle.

• Moorlands are related to high elevation places, with very low vegetation but some animals. It is very tough to farm (low fertility soil all-around).

• Meadows have low amounts of trees, but lots of animals and average fertility. It is slightly tougher than Temperate Forests, but have lower amount of diseases going on.

• Grasslands are all-around average biomes where there's average amount of diseases going on, snow, trees, rain, animal concentration, and soil fertility. It is present in temperate biomes.

• Praires have low fertility and low amounts of trees, but overall are similar to slightly hotter grasslands.

• Heathlands are slightly colder, less fertile, slightly wetter arid shrublands. There is more trees, about same amount of animals and less diseases. The main problem with settlers in heathlands is the low fertility, even lower than shrublands, which makes farming difficult.

• Savannas have even less trees than arid shrublands, and are characterized by having more fauna. There is more low vegetation than shrublands, and it is easier to farm by being more fertile. Otherwise, players will find it an "easier Arid Shrublands" biome.

• Cerrados are temperate deserts. There is very few vegetation but the temperature supports some rain and pockets of fertile land for farming. Hunting is more difficult, since there is less concentration of animals.

Yes, this is still a mod under development. If anyone knows how to make world labels for biomes, let me know, I want to make those for the new ones.

Call me Arty

Commenting because this looks awesome and I wanna be there the moment it's released.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Razzoriel

Bumping this up to bring some numbers so far.

Outer Galaxies, on its current state, adds:

- 18 throwing weapons, ranging from throwing sticks to bolas.
- 39 defense turrets, both manual and automatic, from ballistae to gatling laser turrets.
- 30 explosive and incendiary weapons, from greekfire to RPGs and grenade launchers.
- About 236 firearms, ranging from muskets and flintlocks to Vulcan miniguns.
- About 56 spacer-tech guns, from laser pistols to Titanfall's missile launchers (thanks, Rimfall)
- 43 different metals and alloys, ranging from copper to athenium.
- 13 different stone types, from breccia to diorite (thanks, Cupro)
- 190 real-life ores with their real metallic compositions (Example: no more mining steel; gotta mine Limonite, one of the many ores with iron in its composition smelt it into Iron, then proceed to temper it into Steel).
- 350 different research projects (this might be put on hold for sorting out how to properly tree and unlock things)
- 33 different cultivars for farming, ranging from lettuces to morning-glory flowers.
- 148 animals taken from multiple mods, ranging from (relatively) harmless mouses to dinosaurs taken from DinoRim.
- 12 additional biomes (see post above)
- 10 additional factions with different access to technology, from true tribals with little to no contact to technology to space pirates.
- 42 different drugs of varied origins and potency, ranging from lager beer and tea to Jack3d stimulants and Fallout's Hydra.
- 7 additional medicine items, ranging from poultices to nanomedicine.
- 20 additional implants (more to come)
- 25 additional diseases ranging in lethality (from a simple, annoying strep throat or stye to bronchitis and dengue)
- 150 additional armor pieces, ranging from sandals to different specialized power armors for different threats)
- 80 different melee weapons with distinct bonuses and attack patterns, ranging from stone hatchets and bone spears to torchswords and stun batons.
- 30 different resources, ranging from sugar, salt and charcoal to cordite, nitroglycerin and coolant gas.
- 400 additional backstories, some taken from Reibeau's Editable Backstories (from these 400, about 50 are tribal backstories)
- Several backstories removed, editted or nerfed ("snowflake" backstories)
- 50 additional buildings, from claypits and querns to uranium generators and chemistry labs.

I'm pretty hyped up for getting this to work. The entire planning is done, the systems are designed, its just a matter of coding and putting everything together for launch. Testing will be required, obviously. Those who replied here interested in the mod are sure to be PM'ed as soon as it is compiled for some test runs. Thank you to everyone for the patience.

Harry_Dicks

Jackalvin

I'll gladly test it, however, I'm new to the whole forum thing and don't know how to install the mod. Any chance it will be on the workshop?
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Jackalvin on January 29, 2018, 03:34:37 PM

I'll gladly test it, however, I'm new to the whole forum thing and don't know how to install the mod. Any chance it will be on the workshop?

I'm not the author but if I had to guess, with the way they are doing selection for testing, is that this might not be on the workshop at the start. I could be completely wrong though!

wwWraith

HELP: How to Install and Update All Types of Mods
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Jackalvin

Quote from: wwWraith on January 29, 2018, 05:21:28 PM

Thanks!

HELP: How to Install and Update All Types of Mods
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Harry_Dicks

The misquoted "thanks" after just admitting to not being too well versed with the forum is too cute ;)

Jackalvin

Sorry... I'm not new to Rimworld though and I'll be happy to test it and send you the debug logs Etc...
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Razzoriel

Quote from: Jackalvin on January 30, 2018, 01:18:41 PM
Sorry... I'm not new to Rimworld though and I'll be happy to test it and send you the debug logs Etc...
When it comes to testing, you'll simply have to play as you would Vanilla, and simply take notes of points out of the curves, (for example, a neolithic bow doing as much damage as a modern assault rifle).

Jackalvin

-Insert Witty Joke Here-