A16 Hype

Started by O Negative, November 02, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

Quote from: RawCode on November 05, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
31.11.2016 btw

Really? That soon? Or am I really that gullible?
Claims to know most things.

TheVoidDragon

The new features that are implied look like they'll be amazing, but i hope that there will be a few more items added as well. New furniture types, for example. I think some of the item categories seem a bit empty at the moment.

farmerjorganic

I just wanted to take a second and praise Tynan for continuing to make this game better. Rarely do you see E.A. game developers continue to develop the game the players want to see after the game spends a few weeks on the steam top sellers list. (H1Z1, Dayz, The Forest, Stomping Lands, I could go on.) I'm looking forward to seeing an entirely new system to the game. Particularly one I've seen suggested on the subreddit more times than anything else. It's extremely rare we get a developer who wants to make the game the community wants to play. Tynan and the entire subreddit mostly handled themselves maturely over this whole "binary sexuality" click bait bullshit from rock,paper,we need your clicks.com. I've been a gaming for longer than it feels okay to admit and its YEARS between solid game developers who love to create the game the community wants to play. Just thought someone should take a second and offer a little praise to Tynan for being committed to his game. I have no doubt this game will come out of E.A. I have no doubt the reddit and ludeon forms will help shape what the game becomes and that folks, is something special.

Thanks Tynan!

P.S. Green is not a primary color.... Just thought someone should say it?

Alenerel

Quote from: RawCode on November 05, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
31.11.2016 btw

just like i said in the other thread... playing with the hopes and expectations of the players of this game is very dangerous, they have too many sandstone clubs and wooden rocket launchers...

xrumblingcdsx

Quote from: farmerjorganic on November 05, 2016, 11:24:18 AM
P.S. Green is not a primary color.... Just thought someone should say it?
Primary colors are entirely arbitrary.

In electronics its very standard to use: Red, Blue, Green

In school we are taught Painters Primary Colors: Red, Yellow, Blue.

My guess is that Tynan is not a painter, and subscribed to the RGB Model.

DaGirrafeMan

If that second screenshot is true to the bone, then I assume it'll have a very "Mount And Blade"-ish mechanic to it. Kind of like how the map works on there? Or maybe not, I could be going crazy. Either way, hype for this game is now real! Can't wait to play it. Let's hope he balances it well enough that I don't get that stupid temperature glitch. :(

xrumblingcdsx

Looking at the second picture I have a few questions:

1. Will each base correspond to a single faction? Or will each faction have multiple bases?

2. If each base corresponds to a single faction (and if each base is roughly the same size as our own), will these bases have the population to support raids in the same frequency as we're used to?

3. If each faction has multiple bases, can we have multiple bases? Or move base locations? I often drain areas of resources or my base gets destroyed and i wish i could move my pawns to a new local.

Lys

Quote from: xrumblingcdsx on November 05, 2016, 05:00:43 PM
3. If each faction has multiple bases, can we have multiple bases? Or move base locations? I often drain areas of resources or my base gets destroyed and i wish i could move my pawns to a new local.
Don't know about the first two, but considering that the caravan shows a "settle" action I guess it's very likely that you can create multiple bases. Question is whether you'll be able to play with both though (playing one while some small progress is simulated for the other?) or if one of the bases becomes a friendly NPC town that sometimes sends traders and such.

xrumblingcdsx

Quote from: Lys on November 05, 2016, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: xrumblingcdsx on November 05, 2016, 05:00:43 PM
Don't know about the first two, but considering that the caravan shows a "settle" action I guess it's very likely that you can create multiple bases. Question is whether you'll be able to play with both though (playing one while some small progress is simulated for the other?) or if one of the bases becomes a friendly NPC town that sometimes sends traders and such.
I hadn't noticed that, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't considered if we could play multiple at one time. It would be cool if we could I could own my own Lil empire.

lc-soz

Would be very cool if in the middle of a huge raid (wednesday on Randy Random) it was possible to settle in other place and come back later to get the rest of your destroyed colony.

MAN I'm so hyped.  ;D ;D ;D

Mr.Cross

Guys! this gives Cryptosleep caskets more playtime! you could shove a couple of colonists in them, leave them in there settle a new colony and if things are going good there, return to the sight you left them and reintegrate them!  or you know, leave them for the pirates or as RNG god sacrifices
Claims to know most things.

carbon

Abstracting the main colony would presumably be a really complex task with so many things/actors to deal with in a semi-accurate way. I'm a bit skeptical it could be done realistically without leading to a bunch of rage-quiting.

Thinking about it, I'm wondering if the primary colony is never abstracted at all. Instead, the caravan and/or any secondary colonies exist only as abstract entities. Whatever interactions you can initiate with them exist only as a pop-up menu while the main colony is still on the main screen. That would be much easier from a development standpoint and wouldn't risk the primary colony to RNG weirdness.

Assuming that's really the case, I'm sure there will be a fair number of people who will be disappointed they can't build 16 megafortresses by hand and swap between them, but it's probably for the best from a quality of life standpoint.

mumblemumble

Quote from: lc-soz on November 05, 2016, 10:58:14 PM
Would be very cool if in the middle of a huge raid (wednesday on Randy Random) it was possible to settle in other place and come back later to get the rest of your destroyed colony.

MAN I'm so hyped.  ;D ;D ;D
No kidding the weight impact of who to put where is even MORE crazy now I bet... I really hope we can also get random encounters too...raids...finding someone stranded or injured... mechs....bad weather.. witnessing a trading band getting raided (and opportunity to save it / pilage it, assuming you have enough ROOM..).. and more. And all of this could be even MORE insane if you made it like miniature fallout quests, where your ragtag team is expected to fight, or even puzzle solve with different skills (surgery on a refugee to save him, good builder to help errect an emergency shelter, social person for trading, or on the go conflict resolution done by a good social person)

yes, random encounters ala fallout 1 / 2 mapping system sounds so incredibly fun. But sadly, I have no evidence this will exist  :'( Tynan, if you are reading this..I really, really hope you will at LEAST put the base code for this to happen with mods. This would be inexpressibly epic to see. That and rimworld has been needing a new "dimension" besides the 250-250 grid we call home, and this would be a PERFECT means of doing it (well, z levels would also help, but tbh I think this is better. YES, I said that, in terms of expanding the world, visit-able locations is BETTER than z levels)
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Cpt. DuctTape

I know this sounds crazy, and I doubt it will happen, but if we can move bettween locations, and possibly make a new homebase, then we could use our ship to speed up the travel time bettween locations?  :o

Or maybe travel to other planets....

xrumblingcdsx

Quote from: Cpt. DuctTape on November 06, 2016, 11:42:53 AM
I know this sounds crazy, and I doubt it will happen, but if we can move bettween locations, and possibly make a new homebase, then we could use our ship to speed up the travel time bettween locations?  :o

Or maybe travel to other planets....

Or... Launch a drop pod assault like a badass.