[Outdated - See OP for updated version link] LewisDTC's Weapon Expansions

Started by LewisDTC, November 26, 2016, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you like to see expanded further?

More Neolithic, Medieval and early game weapons!
5 (9.4%)
More Industrial and Spacer weapons!
4 (7.5%)
Glitterworld weapons should be a thing, shouldn't they?
6 (11.3%)
More Grenades, Rocket Launchers and other special weapons would be nice.
0 (0%)
Lets get some more armor to counter all these weapons.
25 (47.2%)
Turrets, traps and automated weapons could use some love.
12 (22.6%)
Do something that isn't to do with weapons. Give us more walls, floors and furniture.
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: January 12, 2017, 08:35:50 PM

LewisDTC

Armory Extended
(Formerly DTC Weapons Expansions)
By LewisDTC

A long time ago, a novice built a weapon mod that added new weapons to Rimworld. This mod was intended to preserve the feeling and the balance of the game, while adding a stronger sense of progression. Against all odds, it worked. People liked it despite the creator's lack of experience, artistic talent or timekeeping skills - and the creator was pleased.

However, the aforementioned lack of timekeeping skills led to the mod being abandoned by the lazy creator, and the world... well, didn't really change at all really. Some really nice folks picked up the ashes of the mod and maintained it - probably doing a much better job than the creator to be perfectly honest.

Now however, the creator has regained motivation and returned, bringing significantly more artistic talent than he left with.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37876.0

Heresy

Hmm i wonder if the name is just a coincidence

starts reading mod description
vanilla like experience, etc, looks at flintlock pistols yeah doesnt sound like him
notices scattergun, scroll a bit
tier 2 ballistic hmm, tier 3 gauss, tier 4 lasers
-.-
gauss rush was a mistake

Welcome to the community Lewis

PS if you won't mod in a power generator i'll be surely disappointed j/k

Canute

Do you plan to add a kind of ammunition for the Tech 3+ weapons ?
All of these weapons are extrem power hungry.
Even when the pawn carry a full load battery on their back, they just got a few shots . :-)

tonsrd

can you test this with Misc mods ( turret mount + weapon = TURRET )

this mod combined with misc turret mount might be op ( and power hungry from the sounds of it )

LewisDTC

Quote from: Heresy on November 27, 2016, 01:22:51 AM
Hmm i wonder if the name is just a coincidence

starts reading mod description
vanilla like experience, etc, looks at flintlock pistols yeah doesnt sound like him
notices scattergun, scroll a bit
tier 2 ballistic hmm, tier 3 gauss, tier 4 lasers
-.-
gauss rush was a mistake

Welcome to the community Lewis

PS if you won't mod in a power generator i'll be surely disappointed j/k

If somebody else has built a mod with a similar tier system, they were probably inspired by similar sources as me. In my case, It was Xcom - The Long War and Rust.

Quote from: Canute on November 27, 2016, 04:04:36 AM
Do you plan to add a kind of ammunition for the Tech 3+ weapons ?
All of these weapons are extrem power hungry.
Even when the pawn carry a full load battery on their back, they just got a few shots . :-)

Ammunition, probably not. Mostly because I don't even know for certain that it's possible to do so. If I did implement something like that then laser weapons would be the ones which didn't actually require ammo - an extra bonus at the higher tiers.

Something that I haven't done that I do want to is make heavy weapons slow people down.

Quote from: tonsrd on November 27, 2016, 04:09:11 AM
can you test this with Misc mods ( turret mount + weapon = TURRET )

this mod combined with misc turret mount might be op ( and power hungry from the sounds of it )

I wont be testing this alongside with every mod under the sun, but the turret mod is one that I was interested in myself so I'll likely be testing it myself.

tonsrd

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

first post 5th mod down --- Misc Objects ---
""""Turret: Weapon Base---   You want to build your own turrets? Buy a base from a trader and add your weapon of choice to it.""""

when i read the comments about power i thought about the guns being turrets and then thought this mod combinded with misc objects turret mount str8 away that's why i asked about "conflicts" / testing  / balance,

im sorry if i come across as bossy/etc i just had a thought got exicted and passed it on ( even if the wording was different to what i meant )

maybe u could pm the auther to put the turret in ur mod ?

ps: Laser guns = Laser turrets.... how many other mods can say they add laser turrets ?

mraadx

this looks awesome! Please also upload to steamworkshop for me to easily subscribe to your mod~~ yes yes? :)))
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

Canute

From my expierence, the turret bases worked with nearly any other weapon mod i used so far.
Don't worry about to be overpowred, the amout of turret bases, special the v2 ones are very limited.

LewisDTC

Firearms: V1.2 update.
- Added unique sounds for Gauss, Rail, Laser and Pulse tier weapons.
- Added movement speed modifiers to most weapons: pistols have minimum impact, rifle-weight weapons have a moderate impact and heavy weapons / sniper rifles have a large impact.
- Rebalanced all market values of firearms.
- Balanced production costs and stats of most weapons.
- Flintlock weapons can no longer be crafted using the machining table.
- Flintlock weapons now use a fixed wood recipe - no more 'Wooden Flintlock Pistols'
- Flintlock weapons can now be crafted properly.
- New weapons: Gauss cannon (multi-barrel gauss tier weapon), Rail Carbine (lightweight railgun).

Adalah217

Haven't seen an adfly link in awhile ;) but I get it.

This is seriously exactly what I've been looking for in a weapons mod. I don't want an AK-47, I want "General Gun from Era I" etc. Now if only Combat Realism had a way to easily convert mods to be compatible for that sweet-sweet ammo feature.

LewisDTC

Every little helps, eh?  ;)

Hope you find it entertaining! Yeah that's what drove me to make this really: plenty of weapon mods out there but to be honest I don't even look at most - even though the quality and amount of work that goes into them is so impressive, I don't have time to read up on whether an M4 has a higher average DPS than an AK47 or whatever.

There are a couple of bugfixes ready but nothing major - I'm working on expanding both the melee and the gun mods, and I've got some bows ready to test soon too. I'll probably release everything together in a day or two.

Adalah217

Quote from: LewisDTC on December 04, 2016, 09:56:32 AM
There are a couple of bugfixes ready but nothing major - I'm working on expanding both the melee and the gun mods, and I've got some bows ready to test soon too. I'll probably release everything together in a day or two.

Great! Then A16 is released and will ruin all your plans. /s

Do you also plan doing anything with turrets? Those are a whole different thing and I'm just curious. There's already ballistas and MoreVanillaTurrets, but nothing to really fits the style similar to this mod.

LewisDTC

I believe that there is a mod which lets you simply add weapons to turret bases - once I get around to testing it I may or may not work on custom turrets depending on how much I like that. I'll probably end up making tiered turrets eventually. :)

Essentially, I envision adding to pretty much everything eventually. I just decided to release things a part at a time to:
1. Keep things modular.
2. Let me release some parts while I work on others.

Adalah217

Smart! Looking forward to seeing you in the modding community!

darktoes

This looks great! Have you considered some sort of flamethrower type weapon? Obviously short range, kind of a spray with high damage. I imagine you could go flamethrower > some sort of continuous short range laser or something > plasma thrower. Or something along those lines? More heavy weapons like a pulse minigun could also be really cool.
Also, were you planning on putting this on Steam?