[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orpheus

Hard to imagine Fish Speakers Sisters of Mercy Battle working with Eldar, or indeed any other xenos.  Whatever an Inquisitor might say, the Sisters are raised from an early age to believe that all xenos are committing continual heresy just by existing.  And the Eldar won't be patient and tolerant about it, human lives - and Inquisitorial authority - are worth literally nothing to them so s/he'd have no problem with murdering the Sister on the spot, the first time she said anything out of place.  Space Nuns Sisters are probably the only Imperial subfaction who wouldn't ever cooperate with aliens, maybe even if their life depended on it.

SpaceDorf

Fancy meeting you here TrashMan,

say, I was about to try my Space Marines Mod again, would you allow me to use your Art Sources ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Cpt.Ohu

Now I remember why the organs of the Astartes didn't show up. I knew I had something in preparation...

Little point in making an Astartes if they aren't several magnitudes more efficient than regular humans. Hence I decided to go the route of Hediffs. After all, it IS a human body to start with, anything else is implanted, otherwise you'd be considered a mutant and therefore an abomination. Mutated gene-seed however seems to be OK for some reason...

On the med-table you'll be able to install the implants yourself. Your pawn probably won't become a real Astartes (after all, most of them are out of the ideal age for implanting). In time I'll increase the failure rate drastically. Only a handful of recruits out of dozens are actually compatible with the gene-seed.

In summary: I'll enable creation of Astartes, but you'll have to put in a lot of effort (time, ressources, candidates) and most of the time it'll end in failure.

A quick note: There is currently a quirk in Alien Races that causes all Aliens that use their own apparel to start out naked. There is already a fix for it which will be in the next update. Until then please mind the possibility of raids by the Dark Eldar Kabal of Striking Nudists.

SpaceDorf

Well the mutation of the geneseed is tightly monitored by the Officio Administorum which also decides if the mutation is still acceptable.

Stored Gene Seed of the different chapters is not allowed to come in contact with each other, to avoid cross contamination.
And only the purest is used to repopulate a chapter with heavy losses or to create a new chapter.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sirskips

This needs an EPOE patch please and thank you many alien races that use the framework require a patch for EPOE and its some good bionics in there!

Cpt.Ohu

True, I just haven't come around to creating one so far. Maybe I'll find the time this weekend.

I updated the first page to include all people who are contributing to the mod so far.

Progressions Post :

Take a look at the progress on creating your own Astartes.

Using the Advanced Operations on the Mechanicum Surgical Unit you can install all 19 implants needed to make an Astartes. You'll have to follow the order of implants, as adding a Biscorpea is only unlocked for a pawn if he alreay owns a second heart.

With some luck, skillful doctors and all ingredients, you'll get pretty close to a full fledged Marine.

In this case of course the potential Aspirant is way out of his waters, being old and frail, but you may still successfully pump him full of at least some of the organs.

Also: Released a small patch for EPOE which enables surgeries from that mod. This means that Techpriests will be filled to the brim with advanced bionics.

sirskips

Does this conflict with HP lovecraft cults, federation mod, bionic mods, or other alien race mods also. I am getting a glitch were I dont have access to plain human heads anymore only the mechanical heads are there. the last thing is i get a crash after 5 min and it started after i installed your mod. I was using OHU dropship fine so i switched it out with this and now crash crash crash I have alien framework the patch is loaded behind corruption, but i am not sure its working as the faction armor sets turn the pawn nude along with tau armor and most other gear from this mod!

sirskips

Quote from: sirskips on August 18, 2017, 06:10:11 AM
This needs an EPOE patch please and thank you many alien races that use the framework require a patch for EPOE and its some good bionics in there!
Thanks man the EPOE patch works great I can see the implants now and add them during prepare carefully. Still experiencing some other conflict tho. let you know what when I find it!

sirskips

Sorry to blow you up but Ancient Rim uses faction color would this conflict with the faction colors that is implemented in the corruption mod.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: sirskips on August 18, 2017, 06:43:14 PM
Sorry to blow you up but Ancient Rim uses faction color would this conflict with the faction colors that is implemented in the corruption mod.

It will conflict, since the version in here has more functionality than the standalone version I released. To get them to run together, use only the version from this mod. So disable the standalone and remove all FactionColors.dll from other mod directories.

Quote from: sirskips on August 18, 2017, 06:32:13 PM
Does this conflict with HP lovecraft cults, federation mod, bionic mods, or other alien race mods also. I am getting a glitch were I dont have access to plain human heads anymore only the mechanical heads are there. the last thing is i get a crash after 5 min and it started after i installed your mod. I was using OHU dropship fine so i switched it out with this and now crash crash crash I have alien framework the patch is loaded behind corruption, but i am not sure its working as the faction armor sets turn the pawn nude along with tau armor and most other gear from this mod!

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 11, 2017, 12:04:47 PM
A quick note: There is currently a quirk in Alien Races that causes all Aliens that use their own apparel to start out naked. There is already a fix for it which will be in the next update. Until then please mind the possibility of raids by the Dark Eldar Kabal of Striking Nudists.

The apparel bug is known and will probably be fixed soon.

As for the rest, cults and federation are some pretty big mods, so some conflict is almost inevitable. Other alien mods shouldn't throw a conflict though.

A crash after 5 minutes must show in the error log. Please send me such a log to find the cause.

koni

As far as I tested, AR still works if you use Corruption instead of the standalone Faction colors.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: koni on August 19, 2017, 04:34:57 AM

As far as I tested, AR still works if you use Corruption instead of the standalone Faction colors.

It's a one-way incompability. If you load only the AR faction colors assembly, the Corruption mod won't work properly. If you go in the opposite direction, everything should work just fine.

koni

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 19, 2017, 06:55:17 AM
Quote from: koni on August 19, 2017, 04:34:57 AM

It's a one-way incompability. If you load only the AR faction colors assembly, the Corruption mod won't work properly. If you go in the opposite direction, everything should work just fine.

But there is no assembly in AR. I meant to AR after FC as a separate mod. Or did I not correctly understand something?

Cpt.Ohu

No, you've understood right, I may have explained it falsely.

To recap: The Faction Colors Module from this mod is the basis for the standalone version that can be found under Releases. For the standalone to work I had to remove all references to the Corruption assembly so that it would work on its own.

Now if you load the Faction Colors standalone and this mod together and in the wrong order, the standalone overrides the Corruption assembly, resulting in errors because the Corruption mod is looking for references in the Faction Colors assembl that just aren't there anymore.

sirskips

Ok so I dont have faction colors stand alone only corruption and AR. So what would the load order for these 3 mods be AR Faction colors and Corruption. What I think your saying is the order goes faction colors, AR, then corruption. Or are you saying put AR before corruption and forget faction colors.