[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackalvin

Would you be able to worship another god, for example Gork & Mork, as another race? Or is that lore breaking? Not that I know anything about 40K.
-Insert Witty Joke Here-

Cpt.Ohu

Well, unless you happen to have an Ork or Eldar colony, you'll be stuck with the Emperor, the chaos gods or the Greater Good.

Progressions Post :

Saebbi has created a patch for Combat Extended. You can check it out here. It's also on the front page now.

smitj045

This is a great mod. The only issue I have with the mod itself is that the weapons are balanced differently to astra militarum, which really isn't a fair criticism between two seperate authors. This is just plain great.

I have however been having an irritating issue, sorry if it's been mentioned before but I couldn't find any mention of it myself. For some reason my colonists won't wear some of the apparel in this mod without me forcing them to. Even if they spawn with the apparel, they just take it off immediately. It's a minor but irritating bug. Has anyone else encountered this?

Gugino

sorry im new here only one question sorry of this questions was already asjed but can you play aseldar with this mod?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: smitj045 on March 25, 2018, 09:27:09 AM
This is a great mod. The only issue I have with the mod itself is that the weapons are balanced differently to astra militarum, which really isn't a fair criticism between two seperate authors. This is just plain great.

I have however been having an irritating issue, sorry if it's been mentioned before but I couldn't find any mention of it myself. For some reason my colonists won't wear some of the apparel in this mod without me forcing them to. Even if they spawn with the apparel, they just take it off immediately. It's a minor but irritating bug. Has anyone else encountered this?

Balance is difficult and taste varies. I'm bad at balancing in general, hence I got help.

The apparel bug is something that I haven't yet been able to find the root of.

Quote from: Gugino on March 26, 2018, 01:59:07 PM
sorry im new here only one question sorry of this questions was already asjed but can you play aseldar with this mod?

In theory, yes, but not yet. The mod is mainly aimed at human colonies.

Cpt.Ohu

Progressions Post :

A preview of the new screens for pawn alignment and worship.

Your psykers will accumulate XP to spend on spells.

By doing acts of worship for your selected god you gain favor which can be used on miracles.

Coolphoton

Is there a way to make sure you get a general grade of psyker in Prepare Carefully? I tried to make Jergen (an Omega blank). So I gave him 0 psychic sensitivity. He came out an Iota psyker. What dose the Psyker code latch onto to determan level? Is it just random?

Cpt.Ohu

It latches onto nothing, it's random for now. Vanilla psychic sensitivity is not affected at all. And I cannot say whether I'll be able to make a patch for EdB that includes psyker functionality.

Coolphoton

Ah. OK. I'll just refrain from trying to make specific characters for now then.

Rocket_Raccoon

Would this be compatible  with the children mod on steam?
Having a growing chaos cult would be awesome :3
Or a prospering tau colony.

Cpt.Ohu

Progressions Post :

With the recent hiring of HawtCrab (designer for Call of Cthulhu) the mod faces a major shift in its direction.

So far this was about building a solid background theme for 40k with a focus on prove-of-concept stuff (see Alien Races, Faction Colors and Dropships).

Now it's time to refine what is there and use the components to build a more interesting way of playing.

A design document is coming up to lay out the future vision for the mod.

If you have some basic modding skills (or want to get some) and you want to help build a 40k mod: We are always looking for helping hands. There are tasks for every skill level from simple XML editing to C# programming and from drawing basic resources to creating Terminator and Dreadnought graphics.

If you are interested, join our Discord-Server and contact me directly so we can discuss the current status of the mod and all the ways you can contribute to it.

phas

I would consider doing a major cleanup/debug/refactor before adding more features. This mod already have a megaton of features, but is buggy as hell. Most of the features that are there and would be fun to play with are unused because of bugs. Also IMHO the code is a mess. I tried to patch OHU dropships for days to make "drop at the edge" work again and I didn't understand most of it. It seemed to me that there were a lot of dead parts and unused code paths. The feeling is that you tried various ways to make it work and this reflects in the code. At the end I was able to patch it but I didn't really understand what I did and probably broke something else.

Sooo, well, that's my opinion. Refactor first, new features after.

Medieval_Man

I seem to be getting a consistent bug where worshipers will get stuck wandering around and won't eat or go to their beds. Sometimes I can break them out of it by drafting/undrafting everyone, but eventually even that doesn't help. Anyone else have this, or know if it's due to mod conflict?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: phas on April 16, 2018, 11:56:40 AM
I would consider doing a major cleanup/debug/refactor before adding more features. This mod already have a megaton of features, but is buggy as hell. Most of the features that are there and would be fun to play with are unused because of bugs. Also IMHO the code is a mess. I tried to patch OHU dropships for days to make "drop at the edge" work again and I didn't understand most of it. It seemed to me that there were a lot of dead parts and unused code paths. The feeling is that you tried various ways to make it work and this reflects in the code. At the end I was able to patch it but I didn't really understand what I did and probably broke something else.

Sooo, well, that's my opinion. Refactor first, new features after.

Dropship is a bit messy and could use some work, but it was just some proof of concept stuff that in the end caused me to abandon modding RW for a while. So refactoring that is a very low priority right now. It works somewhat and seems to be fun to play. That's enough for me.

And here's what I meant when I wrote "refine". There are a lot of features that are just blank building blocks for a 40k world. I'm now going through them and try to put some more order in. That includes fixing the underlying code for core features. If you have any specific advise on what to clean up and how, feel free to post.

Quote from: Medieval_Man on April 17, 2018, 01:07:35 AM
I seem to be getting a consistent bug where worshipers will get stuck wandering around and won't eat or go to their beds. Sometimes I can break them out of it by drafting/undrafting everyone, but eventually even that doesn't help. Anyone else have this, or know if it's due to mod conflict?

This is a current problem with the sermon system that's fixed in the next update.

Alphamonder

Will you also add debug mode to the pawn aligment window? like for testing (cheating) purposes...