[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Ogliss on February 13, 2018, 09:15:53 AM
curious has anyone had issues where the dropship stops having a UI? if i click on it i cant deselect it, sometimes i can get the build menu up by hitting tab and then i can select other stuff

Which version are you using? Can you take a look at the output_log.txt? It should show you errors after the UI disappears.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 14, 2018, 02:20:31 PM
I'm just now getting caught up to speed on this mod. This looks like it is going to be really awesome. Do you plan on expanding upon the religion system? That's what I'm definitely most interested in. Wonder if we could have your religion + Rim of Madness---Cults religions together? In the morning WH40K sermons, night time Cthulhu sermons?

I definitely want to expand on this system in time. What I'm looking for is ideas on what to do with it so I can make a concept before I start messing around.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on February 15, 2018, 05:20:59 AM
I definitely want to expand on this system in time. What I'm looking for is ideas on what to do with it so I can make a concept before I start messing around.

Oh man you shouldn't have told me that :) Here's the thing, I am not versed at all with any WH40K stuff. I know like barely any bare bones stuff. I did read an awesome short story about some guys in a spaceship going through a warp or something, and all of these shadowy demon chaos things were on the spaceship causing horrific things to happen to the people on board.

Anyway, are you looking to have stuff similar to the Cults mod, where your deity will bestow powers onto your colony and/or colonists based upon your pawns reverence for them? Or could you tell me what sort of functions you want this religion to play, or how it will affect other things? Just get me going on where you'd like to take it, and then I would love to spitball some terrible ideas for you ;D

Finally, if you have any shorter/condensed references for any context I can use from the WH40K lore that you think would fit in well with what you want, that would be great!

Cpt.Ohu

Update

A first B18 release is out. Check it on the front page.

Harry_Dicks

The link for the Pawn Rendering Patch B18 isn't working.

Cpt.Ohu

Thanks for the info, didn't spot that on the last edit.

Spectre007

Hello i see there are Adeptus Astartes items.Is there a way to play as that race and any plans to make traits that make it so you can make your character in to an Space marine using Edp.

Saebbi

Quote from: Spectre007 on February 18, 2018, 09:37:34 PM
Hello i see there are Adeptus Astartes items.Is there a way to play as that race and any plans to make traits that make it so you can make your character in to an Space marine using Edp.
You can play them just fine, just select the "..." option next to "add" in edB and choose "Adeptus Astartes".
I'm super duper cereal!

Spectre007

Slaugveng Moriar

Is the mod is compatible with children and pregnancy?

Rincewind

Awesome mod.
I have only question about healing ability. Is it WIP or should work? How it's works, what prevent  spam of this ability? What resource is using?

Ruisuki

so dope. when i start a new game this is on my list.

phas

What about the EPOE patch?

Also would you consider a Rah's Bionics integration instead/also? I find it a lot better than EPOE

phas

Also the bug that put the dropship in the middle of the map even if you choose "drop at edge" is still preset. But now you can't do "form caravan" from an aircraft dropsite.

Heni

Have two bugs, one is that the people stay walking near the altar for a long time until they fall starving,  even if i draft them they continue to walk around the altar. The second bug is that some enemies are dressing big pink squares, i think that is a texture bug. When this happen again i will that a print.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: phas on March 02, 2018, 07:00:09 PM
What about the EPOE patch?

Also would you consider a Rah's Bionics integration instead/also? I find it a lot better than EPOE

I will update the EPOE patch in time, it's just not that high a priority right now.

Quote from: phas on March 02, 2018, 08:58:38 PM
Also the bug that put the dropship in the middle of the map even if you choose "drop at edge" is still preset. But now you can't do "form caravan" from an aircraft dropsite.

Should be fixed in the next update.

Quote from: Heni on March 08, 2018, 11:08:35 AM
Have two bugs, one is that the people stay walking near the altar for a long time until they fall starving,  even if i draft them they continue to walk around the altar. The second bug is that some enemies are dressing big pink squares, i think that is a texture bug. When this happen again i will that a print.

I'm reworking the religion system; that bug is noted and shouldn't appear anymore in the next update.

In general I'm in the middle of brainstorming and would like to hear some ideas regarding the following concepts:

I'm letting players choose their patron god. Worshipping that god will accumulate favor, which can be used to trigger events (let's call them wonders).

I'd like to hear some ideas about wonders for the main gods in the mod. This can be anything, from temporary summons, to faction-wide boosts, to just a small resource boost, to world ending ascension to demonhood ;)

Available Gods:

• Emperor
  • Chaos Undivided
  • Khorne
  • Nurgle
  • Slaanesh
  • Gork and Mork
  • Ynnead
  • C'tan (at some future point)

Alternative concepts that aren't really gods, but which I would still include in the mechanic

• Greader Good (actions would be fulfilled by the Tau faction)
  • Drukhari Depravity (actions would be fulfilled by the Dark Eldar faction)

Keep in mind that those wonders should be somewhat balanced. There will be a cost scale going up to 10.000 points, so if possible include an estimation of where you would put that wonder on this scale.