[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket_Raccoon

QuoteI just downloaded the mod in zip, so what should i do next ? where do i should put the downloaded file to ?
You extract it into your rimworld mod folder >steam>steamapps>common>rimworld>mods. Has been explained several times in this very topic and is very easy to google but anyway...

Quoteand btw i cant find the mod in steam, usually i just subscribe mod from steam
That is because it has not yet been relased there.

Slaugveng Moriar

How often to use contraceptive?

I would also suggest adding special baby food

Thirite

Once per quadrum (15 days). The drug description says "once per season"; I suppose I should change that to quadrum.

GrimTrigger

Are there any known gamebreaking mod compatibility issues with psychology or therapy?  Also... recommended load order position?  top, bottom, before or after anything specific?

Thanks!

sidfu

found a bug it seems no one but parents can play iwth baby or it throws 10 ticks error

found the issue. if u have both feed and play with at 1 then u get 10 tick error alot. so far putting them at differnt prorities with worktab mod fixed the issue.

didnt 100% fix it. think the jobs not working with queing right is what.

Bluntflame

JJskywalker

I think I found a fix for the 10 tick issue, though with other commenting on it I'm not sure if there are several fixes.

It seems that when the baby is on a hospital bed the 10 tick problem occurs on everybody under the Childcare tree. This problem causes will forever make the pawns under Childcare stick to the standing option. I'm also not sure if its because im using a mod hospital bed.

The fix I found was to make all colony hospital beds into Prisoner Hospital beds so that my pawns will move the baby to a Crib marked as a medical bed. After that, all pawns, so far, have not run into the 10 tick problem.

Edit: Also it turns out this is a temporary fix, in order to do anything with the baby, you have to make it switch beds in general. When you rescue it to another bed, there is a window of opportunity to do the jobs necessary. After awhile the 10 tick problem comes back.

Hope this helps!

Edixo

Is there any way to get this mod to work with an existing save? When I install, everyone just wanders around.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Thirite

I suspect that's due to the new Childcare worktype screwing up their work priorities. I'm surprised they don't do any work at all though, usually adding a new worktype midgame just corrupts the work priority settings resulting in you just needing to reconfigure them.

@JJskywalker
Thanks, I'll look into this.

@BluntFlame
I haven't yet fiddled with making mod settings to allow the user to configure that.

Edixo

Quote from: Thirite on December 29, 2017, 04:31:29 PM
I suspect that's due to the new Childcare worktype screwing up their work priorities. I'm surprised they don't do any work at all though, usually adding a new worktype midgame just corrupts the work priority settings resulting in you just needing to reconfigure them.
Just looked at the work tab. There's nothing there. As in, no boxes under any of the work types.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

sidfu

Quote from: Edixo on December 30, 2017, 12:04:27 AM
Quote from: Thirite on December 29, 2017, 04:31:29 PM
Just looked at the work tab. There's nothing there. As in, no boxes under any of the work types.

child care has its own job right after doctor. if u use worktab mod u can see ithas 2 jobs breast feeding and play with

Kirinya

If I want to reduce the time it takes babies to grow up, can I do that via XML-tweaking?

Best candidate seems to be Hediffs_Baby.xml/<minSeverity> - will reducing those values change the time to grow up?

bonebaby

Quote from: Kirinya on December 31, 2017, 05:51:25 AM
If I want to reduce the time it takes babies to grow up, can I do that via XML-tweaking?

Best candidate seems to be Hediffs_Baby.xml/<minSeverity> - will reducing those values change the time to grow up?

I think your looking for patches/Human.xml with the minAge settings.

-BB

Kirinya

Quote from: Thirite on December 31, 2017, 01:16:19 PM
@Kirinya
See this post:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28747.msg385135#msg385135

Great, thank you! I really love the possibility to have kids in Rimworld :)

Thanks to you too BB, just saw your message now