[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: GrimTrigger on January 24, 2018, 01:51:56 PM
Thats awesome news.  So I assume that means the respective race mod owners would need to develop their own assets and compatibility?  How would that work

Yes, the race modders will need to develop their own assets (if their children/babies look different from their adults) and either create an addon to their race mod with some stuffs that need to configure for their race. I'm currently still adding stuffs, and Thirite had been an awesome person to be advising and suggesting things to me. =}

Harry_Dicks

So do children need to reach the age of 13 to be considered an "adult" insofar as RimWorld is concerned? What disadvantage do they have to any skills they have as a child vs adult/teenager. Is there any difference between a 13 and 18 year old? Will they have a random child background story, and a no adult background story? Sorry if these were asked or posted, but I didn't think I saw them reading over the OP.

AlexandritePhoenix

I cannot get toddlers to work for some reason.  Their joy is constantly at zero.  How do they get joy?  They cannot put themselves in the crib even when exhausted.  How do I get them in a crib?  One fell asleep in the freezing cold and got hypothermia a few feet from the door to the room with her crib.

I have twins and two pregnant women.  Toddlers are just a constant emergency because they can't sleep or gain joy.  One went berserk and the other tried to destroy furniture until I had them arrested...  One attacked a dog and the dog attacked back and I was actually able to put the toddler in the crib once she was injured.

When I right click on their crib (or any bed) to try to direct them to it, it says that they can't prioritize it because they are incapable of manipulation.

edit:  More info.  The 10 jobs in one tick error is going constantly for both toddlers.

edit again:  I fixed it!  They were trying to put clothes on.  Once I made a new outfit that disallowed all clothes, they actually started doing joy stuff and putting themselves to bed and the 10 jobs per tick went away.

Thirite

Oh weird. Something must have changed in B18 that I was unaware of then. Can you post a log of the 10 jobs per tick error?

AlexandritePhoenix

Quote from: Thirite on January 28, 2018, 12:42:09 PM
Oh weird. Something must have changed in B18 that I was unaware of then. Can you post a log of the 10 jobs per tick error?

Sure!

https://gist.github.com/4a3cae9855fd3dea72ec62e54c2bdc20

Honestly Sassy

So I've just recently run into the issue of where my babies, and even children I have that are older have less and less hunger and are often just standing around? The babies often end up just standing in place [annoyingly enough they do so in my freezer] and the children have gone from 1 or more [I never looked closely before] hunger to about .48 or so and it quickly drains, had to delete a fully grown adult prisoner because they only had .25 hunger and never stayed full long enough to keep stable nutrition.
Modlist:
https://gyazo.com/268dd21704160fa6222908a9d1d86c89
https://gyazo.com/c250254f8601d72cc5a999f10361d8a8
https://gyazo.com/d6f8594d56db43361bf5d0273872b81a
Logs after loading my game back up: https://anotepad.com/notes/cc2q37

I tried to fix this already by updating the mod and it doesn't seem to have helped.

sidfu

the 10 ticks error is probaly caused by the job que system that was put in in b18. alot of mods had trouble with it and some still havent updated as they have issues getting their mods to work with it.

Kori

When using this mod + CE I'm still getting the following error:

[HugsLib][ERR] Failed to apply Harmony patches for HugsLib.Children_and_Pregnancy_testing. Exception was: System.Exception: Wrong null argument: br
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.<FinalizeILCodes>b__17_4 (Harmony.CodeInstruction codeInstruction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[CodeInstruction] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodBodyReader.FinalizeILCodes (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers, Label endLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.MethodCopier.Emit (Label endLabel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.MethodPatcher.CreatePatchedMethod (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 prefixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 postfixes, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 transpilers) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.<PatchAll>b__6_0 (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[Type] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.ModBase.ApplyHarmonyPatches () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Wasn't this problem fixed a while ago, or did I misunderstand something?

And is it safe to ignore?
Thanks! :)

Thirite

Combat Extended is such a massive mod that touches so many different parts of the game I can't guarantee compatibility with it. The error looks similar to another one that was previously fixed, but I suspect it is not. I would need a Harmony log file to diagnose what's going wrong (which I recently disabled from generating ;_;).

Update to v0.4e
- Fixed toddlers experiencing the "started 10 jobs in one tick" error

Added to ModSync Ninja
Due to the constant revisions made to Children and Pregnancy I recommend using ModSync Ninja so you don't need to worry about constantly checking for or making sure you have the latest version.

Kori

Quote from: Thirite on January 29, 2018, 08:18:21 PM
Combat Extended is such a massive mod that touches so many different parts of the game I can't guarantee compatibility with it. The error looks similar to another one that was previously fixed, but I suspect it is not. I would need a Harmony log file to diagnose what's going wrong (which I recently disabled from generating ;_;).

Can I somehow help you with this or provide the logs that you need?
The error shows up right after loading the mods, I haven't noticed any problems ingame so far.

Thank you so much for this mod by the way, it makes the game much more immersive! :)

Minnigin

hey Thirite, when do you plan on adding toddler clothing?

Rocket_Raccoon

Yeah, they would be really usefull. And would add immersion.
Oh, and toy guns/bb guns :D

Shigemi

Toddler clothing would definitely make cold snaps and heat waves less lethal for the littluns. xD

AlexandritePhoenix

Definitely most of my babies are missing a significant amount of fingers and toes before they become children.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: AlexandritePhoenix on January 31, 2018, 03:26:55 PM
Definitely most of my babies are missing a significant amount of fingers and toes before they become children.

Well, that's worrying. Anyone else have that issue? I have the mod installed but haven't gotten around to actually playing with it yet, and this has me worried. I think this might be a stupid question - but pawns would not "refresh" their body when they change life stages, will they? Like from baby->toddler, or child->teenager? Uh, last dumb question - once a child becomes a teen in game, that will use the adult body types, yeah? I think it could be fun watching your small 12 year old turn into a giant hulking teenage boy overnight :P