[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Tapeshoe on February 22, 2018, 12:24:37 PM
I have an issue where this mod causes the hair to pop out behind the hats, what load order do you have it in?

DSYH is near the top of my list, since I had that enabled before the B18 of Children & Pregnancy.

VincentJ

My two by default scientists had a child named Cambiar (like a Cambion, I'm sure he is a demon), he appeared right near his mother while she was at her desk, and began to clean the room. Maybe he wanted to erase the marks of his own birth, I don't know.

I looked his aptitudes and competences, he is a child of the colony, he is 0 years old, and he is already a great scientist, 9 or 10 intellectual. But he can also mine and craft.
So what would he do at school ?

Oh, sorry, I just realised I had not this mod, that's cause of children, school and learning mod if he was born.

Kori

The Psychology mod is said to be incompatible with CaP, does anyone know if this is still the case and how it affects gameplay?

And how many traits should a baby usually have? My colony got three so far, and all of them only have one or two traits. Will they receive more traits when they grow up?

Tenshi~Akari

Question, for those that may know...

Has anyone tried or have C&P mod with JecsTools active? Inquiring minds would like to know, because door mods that the entirety of the playerbase have all been waiting for have appeared, and I'm kind of in the middle of a colony I'm not yet ready to let go of yet... (also kind of waiting around to see if those doors get compatibility with Clutter doors or Locks mods, because locks are also an important feature I need...)

I know in the past there was a compatibility issue, but didn't know if anyone has done it as of B18 successfully or not.

Harry_Dicks

I still haven't given up wanting to try this and the Children, School, and Learning mod.

Have you guys has any issues with the hair renderings affecting anything other than zombies from Zombieland? I remember reading somewhere that someone said one of the creatures from the Rim of Madness pack, Byakhee or something, had issues rendering with this mod active.

jpnm92

Quote from: Kori on March 01, 2018, 01:45:26 PM
The Psychology mod is said to be incompatible with CaP, does anyone know if this is still the case and how it affects gameplay?

And how many traits should a baby usually have? My colony got three so far, and all of them only have one or two traits. Will they receive more traits when they grow up?

It's just not compatible because Psychology wasn't made having babies psychology in mind.

Gameplay wise it's totally compatible.

Kori

Quote from: jpnm92 on March 02, 2018, 11:28:41 AM
It's just not compatible because Psychology wasn't made having babies psychology in mind.

Gameplay wise it's totally compatible.

You mean that the psyche of parents won't be inherited and something random instead?

Tenshi~Akari

More like your newborns could potentially become mayors from what I've read in the past. That may still be an issue, but if that's a person's cup of tea, then yeah, it's still playable regardless.

----------

I am really hoping that soon there will be a fix for this unnecessary amounts of dragging newborns out of their crib to other open cribs/beds on base after breastfeeding... I've almost had my newest kid lose a few toes from hypothermia on my ice sheet map because his mom keeps insisting he's ready for a big kid bed in someone else's housing. (Yes, I'm in for a challenge, but not if it means I have to micromanage this aspect...)  While it was funny at first, it kind of gets a bit ridiculous when you start having more kids pop out. :P

Kori

Okay, thanks!

Try to make the crib a medical bed, that should help.

Tenshi~Akari

I've done that, multiple times. Moms keep dragging their babies to other beds on my end no matter what. Only reason I keep extra beds open is because recruit child pirates from raids, but the I'm thinking I'm just going to have to add beds as they come along until a true fix is out.

Harry_Dicks

Tenshi~Akari

I have the area restrictions in place, too.  :'( It hasn't mattered what I tried, save from forbidding the door until she's finished feeding the baby or getting rid of extra beds altogether, the restrictions only seem to matter when the baby is able to start moving on its own.

Harry_Dicks

Maybe try mrofa's Clutter Door Stuff. It has the best locking/permission system I could ever want out of a mod. That or the Locks mod might work for you.

Tenshi~Akari

And I hate add to it... that just doesn't stop it, either. Believe me, I've tried again, even just now.  :(

Restrictions only apply to the baby when they can move on their own, including the door locking. It doesn't account for when another pawn is taking them to another bed... and I can't lock the mom out of the room, otherwise the kid will starve, especially since I have WM Smarter Food to keep from having what little food & meals I'm able to get used up so quickly until the babies can get to toddler stage & feed itself on my custom food policy... gotta utilize & save where you fall short, y'know... :-\

Ruisuki