[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori1979

I'm new to this mod, and I usually only install mods through Steam. I managed to download the zip-file, but how to go from there (AKA how to install the mod)?

Kolljak

Says compatable with Ninja. i got ninja says its not one of its supported mods.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Kolljak on April 07, 2018, 10:55:55 PM

;) Here's the sticky thread for that: HELP: How to Install and Update All Types of Mods

Quote from: Kolljak on April 07, 2018, 10:55:55 PM

That's odd... it's listed on ModSync Ninja's website as a supported mod, so it should be recognizing it. (I don't really have it, so I can't really say from my own experience, but perhaps someone who does use it for their mods can go into detail.)

KozmoD

Names are for the Weak

I noticed a weird little glitch in regards to feeding patients. Fortunately, it isn't game-breaking or harmful in any way, but whenever I mouse over a patient to command my doctor to tend to them, I get the prompt to "Prioritize feeding baby NAME, BACKSTORY", regardless of their age. Please note that when I put in NAME, BACKSTORY, that is not what is literally displayed, but rather something I inserted for demonstration. It puts in their actual name and adult backstory. The regular prompt of "Prioritize feeding NAME, BACKSTORY" remains. Also, this glitch only happens when I command a particular doctor to do it. If I command prioritizing another doctor to tend to patients, they don't get said baby-feeding prompt. Ultimately, as far as I know, it's harmless.

Shigemi

Yeah, it's a known bug. You get it on prisoners as well. As long as the mothers don't start doing it autonomously anymore x'D

mataschmata

I would love if this mod worked with Beast Man Tribes but I don't think it's a priority to either of the mod makers.

crustymonkey

So I made an updated version of Tejko's patch for "The Birds & the Bees" to work with C&P in B18. Their patch is buried in a dropbox link back on page 62 and seems to only work in a17. I was able to decompile it and get some ideas of what was going on. They basically just copied a bunch of code from the lovin_override class found in c&p and I was able to do the same just with the updated code. Did some testing and it seems to re-enable pregnancy when both mods are installed together. So here it is. If anyone needs it, just replace the Fluffy_BirdsAndBees.dll with the one linked to here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/604vy8nnna7y7jt/Fluffy_BirdsAndBees.dll?dl=0

Sonsalt

Issues with inter species pregnancies.

Since it appears that there are inter species pregnancies happening, that cause adult babies, I was wondering if one could add the following events to this:

1. Inter species pregnancy does not happen
2. Pregnancy fails at some point, causing medical conditions (thus needs abortion to prevent...)
3. Pregnancy cause abomination .... (Alien style baby :P)
4. Fatal result, Mother dies

ideas?

SirDarin

So I am having an issue where the backstories from this mod are not able to be applied to pawns. I have even tried editing the save file to give it to the pawn, but I will get the message that psychology (I'm assuming the psychology mod) can't find it and it will assign a random backstory instead.
I also have the mod Editable Backstories, and have tried moving the backstories into there since those backstories work (I have even previously added backstories to it which have all worked fine). But I will get the same error message.
I was wondering if anyone else experiences this issue or knows a solution to it.

Chaos17

Just like "Dub bad Hygiene" mod, I think this one should be in the base game too.
So I hope the author will continue to maintain it and maybe expand it.
I would like to see the children going to a school for example and make one of our pawn their teacher.
I know there's a similar mod who do that but it isn't compatible and the author don't want it...
Yet I wouldn't be playing this game without your mod and the hygiene mod, they're the basic things that seems normal in a simulation game.

CreepySheepie

I created an account to let you know that the "play with baby" bug still exists. I'm losing my mind, I don't know how to stop the constant error logs from popping up. And I have so many babies, I don't want to remove the mod...

Kori

Hey Thirite can you give us a small update if you are still going to work on this mod, please?
I'm usually getting a bit nervous when the author of a complex MUST HAVE mod doesn't post anything for more than three months. ;)

Alundra

For some reason my mother is stuck giving birth....does anyone know how to fix this? I had a child tend to her (no one else could) and she's just stuck now. She's walking around cleaning and building and so on never giving birth lol.

J. Sinclair

Is it possible to set the gender of the children to a specific gender, for example female?