[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crustymonkey

lllMWNlll

Keep working on this excellent mod. Right now i'm not using because the game mod is B18 and the game is 1.0.[some numbers].

Looking foward for this mod to be updated for newer version!

Grillbye

I don't know how y'all can pass to 1.0 directly... Tynan has stated it as unstable and plus, most of the greatest mods are still on B18.. Like this one !
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Anni

Quote from: Grillbye on June 24, 2018, 05:33:20 AM
I don't know how y'all can pass to 1.0 directly... Tynan has stated it as unstable and plus, most of the greatest mods are still on B18.. Like this one !

Because 1.0 offers 64-bit. Using 32 for so long has been a pain, even though not all mods are 1.0 yet there are enough to play without worrying about CTD, slowness, etc.

Plus Tynan says its unstable but I have yet to have any issues with it :) Much fewer than with 32bit 0.18

Although this mod is one of my core mods and I really hope it gets a 1.0 update asap.

Thirite

Probably just going to leave updating to v1.0 when it itself is finished. Last update from A17 to B18 wasn't hard from what I remember, but all the same I want a stable codebase. I don't even know if v1.0 is available for non-steam users, so I might be SOL anyways.

By the way, I "merged" your fork, crustymonkey. I did a quick look-through of the code and tested in game and everything seemed fine. I'm aware you can't override enums, so your workaround is probably sufficient.

Feindflug

Cool that you're still there. Keep up the amazing work!  :D

BasileusMaximos

How do you deal with children that can crawl around but can't do anything else? I have no way to feed them without making them prisoners.

Grillbye

Wow, that's a shame. Have you got any other mods installed such as PawnMenu, for example ?
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Trallhatt

This seems really fun, a real game changer. Hope you will continue with it!

Little Hell

Have you ever thought of adding toys?

Wooden building blocks could easily entertain a kid or a baby, and also provides a more nicer variety on joy sources. Tiny cars could be crafted from metals, dolls from textiles, stuff like that. Maybe they could even boost some skills, I don't know.

Proxyer

Hello, author.
Thank you for updating!
I updated the Japanese translation for v0.4e. So I sent Pull request from gitlab. Please confirm and merge. Thank you.

Ruisuki

is it not recommended to uninstall even once children are grown? Wanted to wait until 1.0 but ive found no vids on this mods gameplay so I want to try it out.

sidfu

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 10, 2018, 05:05:03 AM
is it not recommended to uninstall even once children are grown? Wanted to wait until 1.0 but ive found no vids on this mods gameplay so I want to try it out.

dont bother waiting for 1.0 just play for now. and no u ccant uninstall mid game it break save

Mightycucumber

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this community, just started playing Rimworld a few weeks ago and I soon got addicted to it.

Currently trying to figure out what the best mods to add to the vanilla game are and this mod is currently a high priority for me. Really loving the concept of  the mod, really a huge and outstanding effort pulled by the creator. I have a couple of questions though:

1) I've seen some people mentioning a GitHub fork of this mod that adds baby clothing, where can I find that?

2) Is this mod compatible with this other mod? https://rim-world.com/children-school-and-learning-mod/

Thanks in advance! ;)

Bolty

Quote from: Mightycucumber on July 12, 2018, 06:28:27 AM
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this community, just started playing Rimworld a few weeks ago and I soon got addicted to it.

Currently trying to figure out what the best mods to add to the vanilla game are and this mod is currently a high priority for me. Really loving the concept of  the mod, really a huge and outstanding effort pulled by the creator. I have a couple of questions though:

1) I've seen some people mentioning a GitHub fork of this mod that adds baby clothing, where can I find that?

2) Is this mod compatible with this other mod? https://rim-world.com/children-school-and-learning-mod/

Thanks in advance! ;)
I haven't tested both of those mods together, but I'd assume they would conflict. Maybe someone else has tested as knows.

Speaking of which, I think teaching and educating child colonists as featured in the other mod would be a great thing for Thirite to include in his mod. The chance to build a school room in your colony and assign someone to teaching would be good. ;D