[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Just wanted to update everyone on the current state of the mod. Work irl is getting very busy right now so I unfortunately haven't had any time to work on this lately. While it would be nice to just push out what I have so far, other half-implemented stuff is also sitting in the code that would need te to be removed- effectively working backwards, to make a new release. Sorry for the bad news to anyone hoping for a new update on the near future '^^

SergeshD123

Take your time, Thirite. No one is pushing.

Is there any chance of Humanoid Alien compatibility in the next release since your other features have to be removed? I literally have to flip a coin to decide between children and alien every time I plan to start a new colony.

Rimrue

Quote from: Thirite on April 01, 2017, 07:26:06 PM
Just wanted to update everyone on the current state of the mod. Work irl is getting very busy right now so I unfortunately haven't had any time to work on this lately. While it would be nice to just push out what I have so far, other half-implemented stuff is also sitting in the code that would need te to be removed- effectively working backwards, to make a new release. Sorry for the bad news to anyone hoping for a new update on the near future '^^

Thanks for the update. I will try to be patient! Lol

NickWylsonChoucroute55120

Quote from: Thirite on April 01, 2017, 07:26:06 PM

Do not worry, for now the mod is going very well  :D . (The only thing I would like to see is the cribs and saw that you already made the textures for that ;) )
Sorry, my English language is not good because I use "google translation"

Tammabanana

Quote from: SergeshD123 on April 02, 2017, 12:05:04 AM
Take your time, Thirite. No one is pushing.

Ditto. I haven't had opportunity to do a good long playthrough on the latest update anyway.

(I set one up last week, when it was announced that A16 will be with us for a while yet, but... life. The poor dears are still working on moving out of the storage barn and into proper bedrooms/kitchens/etc.)
Tam's tiny mods: forum thread: Kitchen Counters and other shelving *** Smoked meat *** Travel rations: MREs *** Pygmy Muffalo

caekdaemon

Quick question, since I've read through the thread and haven't been able to find an answer, but do children inherit their parent's physical appearance like hair color, or is such a thing not yet finished/not actually possible?

I'm just wondering for when I give the mod a go myself :)

KageNoOni

Quote from: caekdaemon on April 03, 2017, 03:08:43 PM
Quick question, since I've read through the thread and haven't been able to find an answer, but do children inherit their parent's physical appearance like hair color, or is such a thing not yet finished/not actually possible?

I'm just wondering for when I give the mod a go myself :)

That appears to be the case for skin color at least.  A colony of mine.  Nerhesi and Juliet were my starting couple here, and their children are Rafael, Manny, Wendy, and Katten.

The-Eroks

I really like this idea... it definitely adds an aspect that I thought was missing. Also, looks like as a community we're getting getting closer and closer to chestbursters everyday.

WitchyCat

I started a new game with the mod and several other ones that I usually play with. When I tried to load the game again, I got an error after a long wait. The only bug I noticed during the game was that a relationship ended even though I don't remember getting a notification that they broke up. It was a relationship that I created with Prepare Carefully.

Here is my error log: https://gist.github.com/b8a4cb5f894d26b2a7441a782f123cd0

When one of my babies arrived at child age (3.5 years) he is unable to do all the tasks a normal child could do, he can just fight in melee.

Is this normal or is it a bug  :-\ ?

robotguy4

Quote from: Mathis55120 on April 15, 2017, 06:16:27 AM
When one of my babies arrived at child age (3.5 years) he is unable to do all the tasks a normal child could do, he can just fight in melee.

Did you try saving, reloading your game, and then checking your work tab?

EDIT: I've started to rewrite this mod to use Harmony detouring. The initial results are promising. Still needs work to get everything currently in this mod functioning.

Napple

Quote from: robotguy4 on April 20, 2017, 10:55:40 PM

EDIT: I've started to rewrite this mod to use Harmony detouring. The initial results are promising. Still needs work to get everything currently in this mod functioning.

Would this mean the mod will be compatible with the humanoid alien framework.

Quote from: robotguy4 on April 20, 2017, 10:55:40 PM

Yes, I have checked everything

Finally I reinstall the mod and the bug has gone :D

robotguy4

Quote from: Napple on April 21, 2017, 03:33:48 PM
Would this mean the mod will be compatible with the humanoid alien framework.

That's the plan. Whether or not this is the reality, it's too early to say.