[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akiceabear

Quote from: MsMeiriona on March 01, 2015, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: Haplo on March 01, 2015, 02:22:29 PM
Ok, just to visualize it I've rebuild your described room. If you watch where you lay the power lines, I don't really see the problem. And the short line you need north of the PowerSwitch can be build with an invisible conduit..
Is this what you mean?
For some reason, when the switch goes off, if there's a power source in range, my lamps always seem to reconnect on their own. It may be mod interference or just my being dumb with how I lay them down. I like to have my bedrooms all nice and neat, 5x7 with a 3 wide hall outside (I'm probably just make the damn thing as an example in a minute) and that means sharing walls, so either all the 5s must be powered or all the 7s or none of them be powered and I run (invisible) power lines through the centre, which is what I may just do because I THINK it will work that way. Switches don't impede movement, do they?

It definitely works with invisible power lines down the center, this is how I build mine.

do remember that you should NOT have a power line and power switch on the same tile. I made this mistake for awhile, and your description sounds like that may be a possibility.

MsMeiriona

Quote from: akiceabear on March 01, 2015, 07:17:26 PM
Quote from: MsMeiriona on March 01, 2015, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: Haplo on March 01, 2015, 02:22:29 PM
Ok, just to visualize it I've rebuild your described room. If you watch where you lay the power lines, I don't really see the problem. And the short line you need north of the PowerSwitch can be build with an invisible conduit..
Is this what you mean?
For some reason, when the switch goes off, if there's a power source in range, my lamps always seem to reconnect on their own. It may be mod interference or just my being dumb with how I lay them down. I like to have my bedrooms all nice and neat, 5x7 with a 3 wide hall outside (I'm probably just make the damn thing as an example in a minute) and that means sharing walls, so either all the 5s must be powered or all the 7s or none of them be powered and I run (invisible) power lines through the centre, which is what I may just do because I THINK it will work that way. Switches don't impede movement, do they?

It definitely works with invisible power lines down the center, this is how I build mine.

do remember that you should NOT have a power line and power switch on the same tile. I made this mistake for awhile, and your description sounds like that may be a possibility.
I think it's more that I'm used to using circuit walls and the way switches look makes them feel clunky and like they take up a lot of room.

Rock5

I don't know if it's still true with the A9 vanilla switch but if your lamp was connected directly to the A8 PowerSwitch mod switch and it switched off then the lamp would reconnect to the nearest conduit. That is why you needed a bit of conduit after the switch. If you make sure the lamp is connected to the bit of conduit after the switch then it should work as you would expect. You can see in Haplos image that he has a bit of conduit after the switch that the lamp connects to.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

MsMeiriona

Yup. And I think I can place the bed overtop that bit of conduit with no problem, right? Putting the switch at the bottom of the bed, then conduits the length of the bed, lamp at head of the bed? OR use the advanced lamps wall with light for the wall adjacent to the top tile of the bed. (this -is- compatible with advanced lamps, I  would presume? There's no reason to think it wouldn't be but...)

Haplo

This is just a switch that switches the power transfer through it on and off.
Because of that it should be 99.9% compatible with other mods. :) 

This is such a great mod, can't say how much i appreciate the HUGE amount of power savings for all those rooms with heaters, coolers, hallways and whatnot :D

cheetah2003

This is a neat mod, but it doesn't seem to like co-existing with the Expanded Mining v1.01 mod.  The powerswitches lose all additional functions when Expanded Mining is present.   :-\

Darkhymn

This mod looks incredible. Anything that simultaneously decreases micromanagement and reduces power drain is a-ok in my book!

Haplo

Quote from: cheetah2003 on March 10, 2015, 01:08:26 AM
This is a neat mod, but it doesn't seem to like co-existing with the Expanded Mining v1.01 mod.  The powerswitches lose all additional functions when Expanded Mining is present.   :-\
Does expanded mining change anything at the vanilla switches?
Try to load PowerSwitch last (deactivate/reactivate the mod)

cheetah2003

Quote from: Haplo on March 10, 2015, 01:38:23 AM
Quote from: cheetah2003 on March 10, 2015, 01:08:26 AM
Does expanded mining change anything at the vanilla switches?
Try to load PowerSwitch last (deactivate/reactivate the mod)
Yes it does.  It changes the resources needed for a power switch (from 25 steel to 25 copper.)  I tried using EdbModOrder to move it before and after expanded mining, but no change.  Still completely dysfunctional (though research topics are still present.)

Juujika

Ill get duplicate code-linked translation keys: PowerSwitch_Power in language English

Haplo

Yes, sorry about that. I forgot to remove the part that was incorporated into the vanilla game. But you can ignore that message. It is harmless :)

Ninefinger

This is a great mod i was wondering however if you would be willing to make a separate mod that only makes the vanilla power switch so it has to be manually toggle-able only, simply because i do not like the idea that you can just turn the vanilla power switch on and off like magic and that is all no other fancy options, just force it so that pawns have to manually toggle it on and off would be fantastic :)

Haplo

I'm thinking about something like that. Not sure right now how extensive the change would be, but we'll see :)

Ninefinger

Quote from: Haplo on April 06, 2015, 02:29:04 PM
I'm thinking about something like that. Not sure right now how extensive the change would be, but we'll see :)

No worries, i was hoping it would be really easy to do, either way i hope you figure it out. Have a good one :D