[B19] Bigger Batteries and Fuses - What it says on the tin

Started by Spdskatr, January 01, 2017, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the textures for the 256k battery be changed in this mod?

Nope. Fine as I can see anyway.
Change it, it creeps me out!

Spdskatr

SS Bigger Batteries

Bigger batteries. Simples. Use them for mass storage of power, as a large power source, or just to show off your colony. Be aware of short circuits.

Download - Dropbox(A16) - Dropbox(A17) - Dropbox(B18) - Dropbox(B19) - Steam Workshop

Licensing

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Spdskatr

SS Bigger Fuses

An extension of RT Fuse for those big batteries. Almost essential. Don't discover the maximum radius for a short circuit the hard way. Thanks Ratys for your mod!

Allows you to build 4 additional types of fuses - 12k, 48k, 192k and 768k. Each is color-coded for your convenience! :3

NOTE: Must be loaded AFTER both RT Fuse and SS Bigger Batteries.

Download - Dropbox A16 - Dropbox A17 - Dropbox B18 -
Dropbox B19 - Steam Workshop

Licensing

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mods

mew_the_pinkmin

NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Zxypher

Oh man been waiting for Batteries Stuffed (Another great mod). Thanks for this though it looks nice :D

Spdskatr

Looking forward to your feedback. Just remember to report anything weird to me ASAP via discord or here. Added a poll because some people think the power bar clashes with the persona core.

EDIT: I don't know if you guys misunderstood, but I meant the 256k 2x2 power cell. I've reset the polls just in case. Sorry!
My mods

Jupakazoid

Your Steam Workshop link is dead to bigger batteries.

Did something happen? I loaded my game today and got a ton of errors and SS Bigger Batteries is gone entirely.

Starting a new tribe tonight so I won't need them for a little bit, but is there an up to date link or is the mod broken?

edit: Dropbox link is fine, mod seems fine. Workshop link is just broken.

Canute

- Once i deconst. my last 1k vanilla battery, i got the warning "Need batteries"

- Personaly i don't see a use of batteries bigger then 16k. Except of glitter's Alpha/beta prod. there is no need for these big batteries.
Solar shield is the next big thing, but for that i just need a reserve of 16/20k power.
Together with Emergency power switch, i create before 4-5 banks of 3 batteries+1 switch, now 2 banks with 16k+1switch.

I rather would like to see an extra research to increase the eff. of the batteries. In some old alpha there was this possible for existing batteries.

Wacoede

Quote from: Jupakazoid on January 18, 2017, 07:26:56 PM

Did something happen? I loaded my game today and got a ton of errors and SS Bigger Batteries is gone entirely.

Starting a new tribe tonight so I won't need them for a little bit, but is there an up to date link or is the mod broken?

New Steam Link

Spdskatr

Quote from: Wacoede on January 29, 2017, 04:43:26 AM
Quote from: Jupakazoid on January 18, 2017, 07:26:56 PM

New Steam Link
Yeah, thanks. I forgot to include the new steam link to this Ludeon page.

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on January 30, 2017, 05:14:38 PM
you did something now i got red errors on the big batteries

Log https://gist.github.com/421f83b1074b364498acd54c572d345d

I don't see any errors relating to my mod. Also, I don't see that you loaded SS Bigger Batteries along with my fuse mod. Perhaps that will solve the problem?

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2017, 04:07:52 AM
- Once i deconst. my last 1k vanilla battery, i got the warning "Need batteries"

- Personaly i don't see a use of batteries bigger then 16k. Except of glitter's Alpha/beta prod. there is no need for these big batteries.
Solar shield is the next big thing, but for that i just need a reserve of 16/20k power.
Together with Emergency power switch, i create before 4-5 banks of 3 batteries+1 switch, now 2 banks with 16k+1switch.

I rather would like to see an extra research to increase the eff. of the batteries. In some old alpha there was this possible for existing batteries.

I created this mod mainly to supplement mods that include giant power plants, like sd Advanced Powergeneration, Rimushima etc. For players sticking closer to the Vanilla/Core side of things, you probably only need the 4k and 16k batteries.
My mods

Lethe

I hope you keep your battery mod around. I really like your textures. Thanks for the extra fuses ;D

Spdskatr

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2017, 04:07:52 AM

Fixed. There are a bunch of quirks Tynan added when dealing with power and batteries. It's annoying fixing them :P
My mods

Canute

Just wait for the next release for new quirks, do you realy think Tynan made it easy for modder ? :-)

MusicManiac

Great mod, thanks! But I have a question, how to get bigger fuses? Do I need to research something? I have it installed the right way, but I can't build them yet. I have Basic Fuses researched. Do I need to research Circuit Breaker to get access to those?