[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

faltonico

Quote from: faltonico on May 07, 2017, 08:01:58 PM
Incapacitated prisoners always seem to soil themselves, colonist do clean them (as in wash them), but they as far i have seen, never prevent them from soiling themselves, it doesn't happen with colonist though.
Welp, i just find out they have to be in a medical bed for them not to poop themselves.
Is there a way to change that?

Dubwise

Quote from: Patrick on May 24, 2017, 06:26:57 AM
One Thing Does The Hygene Works For Prisoners?

Yup, and visitors if you are running Hospitality

Quote from: faltonico on May 24, 2017, 07:39:39 AM
Quote from: faltonico on May 07, 2017, 08:01:58 PM
Incapacitated prisoners always seem to soil themselves, colonist do clean them (as in wash them), but they as far i have seen, never prevent them from soiling themselves, it doesn't happen with colonist though.
Welp, i just find out they have to be in a medical bed for them not to poop themselves.
Is there a way to change that?

Nope that's how it works, if someone is bedridden then just set the bed to medical, i don't have a bedpan next to my bed so it makes sense to me

Dubwise

Updated to 17

Skylights and Rimkit are just plain a17 patches.

Hygiene update:
Added sewage outlets that connect to rivers, like an unpowered version of the sewage processor.
Added built in shower which lets you see floor tiles.
Burn barrels can now be crafted into fecal sludge which can then be used to make night soil.
Bathroom fixtures now all have crafting quality to boost bathroom impressiveness.
Bathroom fixtures can be reinstalled.
Pipes no longer have negative beauty.
Fixes for skynet and starvation mods.
New research setup, medieval stage for unpowered, industrial for powered.
Latrines can now be plumbed.
Sewage processor capacity doubled.

EldVarg

Dubwise

ZE

can you reduce the power requirement for the heater? its a bit pricey for the output imho, also i'd like to suggest either a standalone or compatability for veggie garden to turn waste into fertilizer

Dubwise

Quote from: ZE on May 26, 2017, 09:25:17 AM
can you reduce the power requirement for the heater? its a bit pricey for the output imho, also i'd like to suggest either a standalone or compatability for veggie garden to turn waste into fertilizer

Make sure you are building enough radiators to make use of all of the generated heat, once you get to the point where you would need 6 standard electric heaters and lots of ventilation to move the heat around then the immersion heater with rads in each room should be much more efficient, people complain its too powerful, I could half the power usage and heat output so its better for very early game when you only have a few rooms, would just mean you have to build more for bigger bases, if you are in a mild climate and you just want to bump your temps up a few degrees then try using the solar heater + a storage tank. I could maybe look into doing stuff like scheduling on the heaters like a proper thermostat and that kinda stuff later if people really enjoy using the central heating

As for fertilizer i don't really want to get into cross mod stuff, the night soil causes diseases if you use it and its meant to be a last resort if you have no fertile soil around so wouldn't make sense to be able to make all sorts of high quality soil from other mods out of it, so just use the other mods correct procedure for making soil the way the author intended, of course if you want you can make up your own recipes for anything.

NemesisN

I don't get how Solar heater works ?

I place it outside on the sun it does not produce heat for my water tank, I place it inside and cool the room to -35 Celsius and still does not produce heat for my water tank

It said in info tab that it needs to be under -35 Celsius so what am I doing wrong ?
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Dubwise

Quote from: NemesisN on May 27, 2017, 01:25:16 PM
It said in info tab that it needs to be under -35 Celsius so what am I doing wrong ?

no no it needs a minimum of -30c or higher to work, so in direct sunlight at -30c or less it will produce 0 heat. The higher the ambient temp the more heat it can produce up to a maximum of +30c where the heat output is then capped, so its possible to use them in below freezing temperatures but they will be very inefficient.

I'll change the description so its much clearer

Dubwise

Hygiene updated to 1.2.2

Fixed a bug in baths which messed up the def, which might have caused problems with some mods like fluffys breakdowns.
Baths now give passive joy.
Added the placeworker to radiators to outline rooms.
Doubled the speed of showering.
Tripled the speed of using toilets.

Headshotkill

SuicideRey

Is there any way to set the priority for using the toilets?
I'm tired of my pawns soiling themselves because there was something else they deemed more important.

Dubwise

Quote from: SuicideRey on May 28, 2017, 03:07:38 AM
Is there any way to set the priority for using the toilets?
I'm tired of my pawns soiling themselves because there was something else they deemed more important.

I'll put in a few more checks so the situation has to be more extreme for them to soil themselves

GrumpyProgrammer

Let me just say that I love this mod! Making plumbing and sewage systems is oddly cathartic.

I do have some suggestions:

First, the initial plumbing research requires a river for the sewage outflow pipe; this is a very situational limitation. This effectively means that this tier of research is only really useful for the radiators and heat (which are still quite useful!), as toilets and bathing is really unlikely to have the geographical location for it. Some alternate means on the same tier if you don't have a river on the map would be nice; maybe the ability to dig sewage pits that the outflow pipe can dump into and which require some poor sob to periodically clean out, producing X amount of night soil/burnable waste?

At the same token, changing the error message when pipes are connected to an object but there isn't an outflow pipe or sewage treatment plant attached to the plumbing network would be nice. The "needs plumbing" message is a bit ambiguous when one has pipes already attached.

Further, are you planning to add some form of cooling along with the heating system you now have? ReDist Heat is apparently no longer being updated and it would be nice to have some kind of centralized mod for both heating and cooling.

Also, I'm curious why you have two forms of the various plumbing fixtures: stuffed versions and "white" versions. This isn't a complaint or anything, I'm just curious why the "white" versions are there. Is it just an aesthetics thing?

Thanks again for the great mod!