[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Map Generators - Fertile Plains & Snowy Worlds

Started by ItchyFlea, April 10, 2014, 10:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

Uploaded a version which includes the edge mountain. :)

And now there's a version that's basically a decently-sized cave. Unfortunately there are errors with this one. Read the in-game mod description for more info. Most of the game's systems are designed for a world that is open, so a cave screws up those systems.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

AntiMatter

sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Cala13er

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 17, 2014, 09:07:36 PM

And now there's a version that's basically a decently-sized cave. Unfortunately there are errors with this one. Read the in-game mod description for more info. Most of the game's systems are designed for a world that is open, so a cave screws up those systems.

Itchy,
Made compatible versions of the mountains and caves. You can put them under mod compatibility if you wish.

Fertile Plains with Caves for IR
Fertile Plains with Mountains for IR

iame6162013

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 17, 2014, 09:07:36 PM

Oh this is nice :)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

ItchyFlea

Despite glaring problems (raiders dropping into unexplored regions) the caves are actually quite nice to play with. :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

ItchyFlea

ItchyFlea

Added a 4th generator. This one is pretty much identical to the Edge Mountain one, except that the mountain is made of a new rock type that cannot be mined.

It's actually a part of an unannounced mod I'm working on (major hints about it can be found in this thread) but I figured I'd post this, as it will more than likely create a unique experience.

Celthric Aysen

Question! Do i need the original Fertile Plains, for the Fertile Plains for Industrial Rim to work?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 21, 2014, 11:14:53 PM
Question! Do i need the original Fertile Plains, for the Fertile Plains for Industrial Rim to work?
Nope. Fertile Plains for Industrial RIM will work by itself. Just remember to activate it after you have activated Industrial RIM.
However it is for a previous version of Industrial RIM. The only differences between v1.0.0 and v1.1.2 I know of for the map generator are the sizes of some ore deposits.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: ItchyFlea on April 22, 2014, 01:45:11 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on April 21, 2014, 11:14:53 PM
Nope. Fertile Plains for Industrial RIM will work by itself. Just remember to activate it after you have activated Industrial RIM.
However it is for a previous version of Industrial RIM. The only differences between v1.0.0 and v1.1.2 I know of for the map generator are the sizes of some ore deposits.
Alright thanks!
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Cala13er

Made compatibility with v1.1.2. (v1.0.0 files have been removed)

Industrial Rim with Fertile Plains - Link is the same, just downloads new file. (129 Downloads)
Industrial Rim with Fertile Plains - Caves - New Link - Download Here (Reached 47 Downloads, Now reset)
Industrial Rim with Fertile Plains - Mountain - New Link -Download Here (Reached 75 Downloads, Now reset)
Industrial Rim with Fertile Plains - Impenetrable Mountain - Download Here (No Downloads :P )

Vas

For the cave version, I believe you should make it generate with 10 blocks of ground between the edges of the map and the inside of the map all the way around, this would prevent a lot of errors I believe.  Or take the suggestion of a canyon and have one edge exposed by default with a large inner area.  :P  Like my image.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ItchyFlea

From what I understand, the generator doesn't work in that way, and I don't know enough about C# to be able to make my own that does. Although I could be wrong. As there's still a ton of things I'm learning, including ways of generating things that I initially thought were not possible, such as this: http://i.imgur.com/TfmEx4N.png (Coastal colonies anyone? In-progress version will be released in about 6 hours.)

I'll revisit the cave generator in a few days, after I've learned more about how to manipulate the generator via .xml. I do like the canyon idea, and will be experimenting to try and get something like that next.  :)

Vas

I have one idea for one that is like your coastal, but no thick roof anywhere.  So you can mine out every mountain completely and they all be gone permanently.  This could also go with some of your other light mountain generation maps where there is little mountain and much land.  It's really too bad you can't select the type of map generated when you click new colony.  You have to download new map generators all the time and figure out which one to activate in your mod menu.  It'd be nice to have a button to select the type of map you load, like those advanced options with map size that you can select.

What happens when you walk into the water by the way? On that map.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

ItchyFlea

I'll post a suggestion in the appropriate forum regarding selectable map generators.
As for the water, it's just like any other walkable tile, although in this case movement speed is slowed right down to 10%. I'll look into removing the thick roofs and if that works, I'll post versions of all the generators with the option of no thick roofs, along with the coastal generator. Shouldn't take too long. :D

I think I'm going to have to considering renaming this entire thread, since it's starting to become a large collection of map generators. :)

EDIT: They've been posted. Also posted versions that don't generate thick roofs.  ;D