[A16] Crate (v1.0) - A crate to put all your stuff in!

Started by Vendan, January 11, 2017, 11:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vendan

Crate

Description:
A crate to put all your stuff in!

Crates are a simple way to pack up a bunch of items for transport on caravans to camps or colonies. You can mass pack/unpack to designated areas, or pack/unpack specific items to specific locations. Colonists can't directly access the contents, so you'll have to remember to unpack if they need something, but on the plus side, a colonist can quickly pack up a bunch of items, and then move them all to a herd animal/transport pod at once, rather then taking 20 trips.

Author/Mod Team
Vendan

Download
https://andyleap.net/Crate/Crate.zip

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

System.Linq

Very cool idea. I especially like the UI you've set up for it.

XeoNovaDan

Definitely seems like a highly convenient mod! I too find it painful with the long packing and also if you choose to settle where everything's scattered. This is a nice fix :)

And Psychology approves too! Indeed nicely presented

Vendan

Update: fix for bug calculating mass totals for stacked items

megatech2795

Why can I only put in 62 wood when in the image you clearly have more than that?

megatech2795

no matter what i do i can barely store anything. its more effective to just leave it on the ground. very unhappy with this mod. entirely pointless.

Nandonalt

Quote from: megatech2795 on January 11, 2017, 03:27:32 PM
no matter what i do i can barely store anything. its more effective to just leave it on the ground. very unhappy with this mod. entirely pointless.

It's probably a bug or unintended. The mod was just released and most likely is going to be updated a few more times before it's working 100%.
Be nicer next time! :)

Also, this is a very convenient mod. Allows you to gather supplies before forming a caravan or loading into drop pods, very useful.

Vendan

Quote from: megatech2795 on January 11, 2017, 03:27:32 PM
Please note that the purpose of this mod was never to store bulk building materials.  The pictures were from before the discovery of a bug with stack mass calculations, and I had already been getting feedback that it was storing far too much.  It will likely undergo further tweaks, but if you are expecting to store multiple stacks of wood and stones, this is not the mod for you.

minakurafto

caravan with big load can take a day to pack,very annoying. i think item should be loaded first then choose caravan member and finally set off with the packed item , now it's solved,great mod
can you assign hotkey to pack and unpack? and is it possible to use filter tab similiar with stockpile for the crate so maybe it can have storage search feature mod ?

zombojoe

I agree hotkeys would definitely be nice.

I don't know how feasible this is to do but could we also install the crates as furniture so we can place em specifically where we want? I'm using them at the moment to store excess clothing but I don't want my crate stockpile to contain empty crates or crates with pemmican or beer etc.

megatech2795

Please know I was not trying to be mean. I was just shocked that the crate couldn't hold at least one stack. I am however looking for a mod that will hold very many items in one crate similar to the image above. If you can direct me to one such mod i would be grateful. I have found one mod that makes crates of certain materials but I'm looking for a mod that will store everything I need not just certain things. Thank you for your time.

cainiao

Adding an option for mass to end user would be nice. Or some research to increase maximum items/mass.

Zebukin

Tried. Sadly incompatible with my save but compatible with mods in the new game.

So crate now is for manual packing item by item. What if I need to pack only 30 steel from 75 stack? Or unpack only 3 components?
I found how to pack few items, but they are random srom stock. It would be great tu push pack, then with Shift click all items I want to pack in the case of weapon or apparel.
In the case of materials such behavior: pack->click, select  pack all/specified amount
Chek out the SetCamp mod. There is ability to pick up any amount of items
Caravan on the world map have ability to unpack and drop specified amount of items.
I can make all interface icons (unpack all stack, unpack partially, pack all, pack partially). Just say the size.
Thanks for adding filter and editing name of crate. Pretty useful.

Weight is ok for similar things and caravans.
But for different materials like steel and wool the count is more relative to volume.
So it would be good to have 3 limits:
weight: good for caravans and droppods
total count: relative to volume somehow
slots: also relative to volume of complex things like apparel. One slot = one stack of one type
If one of these limits is reached, crate is full.
Suggested limits: 16 slots (armor), 23 kg is ok (so one man can carry it), 400 items total (12 kg of wool or fabrique).

Also count is for using Stack XXL or such mods, that changes the  amount of one stack.
Overpowered and disbalanced crates are not ok too.
Also the empty crate have weight too (2 kg) and should require some plasteel and may me diablofabrique to be strong enough.

megatech2795

Quote from: cainiao on January 13, 2017, 01:38:28 AM
Adding an option for mass to end user would be nice. Or some research to increase maximum items/mass.
That would be a great idea! I mean to the point where its OP I understand its just small crate. But what if we could craft bigger different crates? Like the large oak crate or the medium teak crate? Just throwing out some ideas!  ;)

Rock5

I'd love to see a crate that holds the same amount as a drop pod. Then I could use it to transfer lots of stuff multiple colony's away. What I mean is I would shoot it to my second colony and the crate would pop out. Then I'd just have to load the crate onto another drop pod to send it to the next colony. Sending a lot of items 5 colony's away is otherwise excruciating.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport