Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• September 21, 2019, 04:51:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [1.0] Marvin's Stuff  (Read 86061 times)

Roolo

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [1.0] Marvin's Stuff
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2019, 04:25:57 PM »

Source is finally released. See top post.

Thanks! I'll look into the issue when I return from my holiday trip in two weeks.

atewithouttabIe

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2019, 04:48:19 AM »

Maybe after I clock up 2600 hours in Oxygen Not Included I'll be like 'hmm, you know, this is good, but I kind of need to play some RimWorld.' :D

If you get bored playing ONI...theres always the possibility to check and sift through the game see how they did multithreading for the dupes...

MarvinKosh

• Mad Tester
  • Super Tester
  • Planetologist
    • View Profile
    • My RimWorld 1.0 Mods
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2019, 11:37:26 AM »

Although I open-sourced my mods over a month ago, there is no new maintainer, and there are a few little problems here and there that need addressing.

So, I've released a new version of Sometimes Raids Go Wrong. If you have it on Steam Workshop, it should have auto-updated by now, if you use direct downloads, please re-download it (see first post for details).

Changes:
- Rapid Ageing now only targets the Human body type, which matches the Youth Serum which also only targets the Human body type.
- Youth Serum should no longer remove body parts such as bionic legs, arms, hearts. It should no longer remove drug addictions or tolerances.
- Removed some unused code.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:16:09 PM by MarvinKosh »

Sonsalt

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2019, 03:42:09 AM »

Here are some additional ideas for you:

1. Infectious disease ( raiders have the plague/Malaria/...)
2. Discouraged (some of the attackers flee right away)
3. Starvation...
4. Mutiny
5. Prisoner escape (some of the attackers see their chance to escape and join our colony, if we help them to survive)
6. Mad Attack (2 raids of enemies who hat each other, starting on different sides)
7. Hangover (Party hard fight hard... well :P)

Would be great to have custom messages when these events happen :)

ThiIsMe007

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2019, 04:27:03 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing the source code released. If you release the code, I can fix the problem involving Sometimes Raids go Wrong overwriting the raid functionality. A lot of people are missing hacked mechs and mounts in their raids now, while the fix is something I'd be able to pull off pretty quickly.
Is this bug still present in the current version of the mod(s) on Steam ?

Both mods are just too good to pass up on, so a fix would be very welcome.

Tsunamy

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2019, 08:59:27 PM »

Although I open-sourced my mods over a month ago, there is no new maintainer, and there are a few little problems here and there that need addressing.

We're very late into a major patch cycle. Most modders are either deeply involved in other projects or taking a break.

My suggestion is just to let someone else update them when the next major patch hits.

MarvinKosh

• Mad Tester
  • Super Tester
  • Planetologist
    • View Profile
    • My RimWorld 1.0 Mods
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2019, 12:53:01 AM »

Here are some additional ideas for you:

1. Infectious disease ( raiders have the plague/Malaria/...)
2. Discouraged (some of the attackers flee right away)
3. Starvation...
4. Mutiny
5. Prisoner escape (some of the attackers see their chance to escape and join our colony, if we help them to survive)
6. Mad Attack (2 raids of enemies who hat each other, starting on different sides)
7. Hangover (Party hard fight hard... well :P)

I'm not really looking to add any new content at the moment, just fix issues with what's there at the moment. I can say that #7 is already in the mod.

I'm looking forward to seeing the source code released. If you release the code, I can fix the problem involving Sometimes Raids go Wrong overwriting the raid functionality. A lot of people are missing hacked mechs and mounts in their raids now, while the fix is something I'd be able to pull off pretty quickly.
Is this bug still present in the current version of the mod(s) on Steam ?

Both mods are just too good to pass up on, so a fix would be very welcome.

Technically, it's not a bug, it's an incompatibility. Both mods are trying to change something about how raids are generated. The way to make them compatible is to have my mod do a check for Giddy-up! and run its code as well. Which sounds easy enough, but, isn't. That's why Roolo needed to see the source code.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]