[1.4] Ryder's Stuff

Started by RemingtonRyder, February 12, 2017, 07:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: MarvinKosh on June 10, 2019, 08:47:41 AM
Source is finally released. See top post.

Thanks! I'll look into the issue when I return from my holiday trip in two weeks.

atewithouttabIe

Quote from: MarvinKosh on June 10, 2019, 04:25:33 PM
Maybe after I clock up 2600 hours in Oxygen Not Included I'll be like 'hmm, you know, this is good, but I kind of need to play some RimWorld.' :D

If you get bored playing ONI...theres always the possibility to check and sift through the game see how they did multithreading for the dupes...

RemingtonRyder

Although I open-sourced my mods over a month ago, there is no new maintainer, and there are a few little problems here and there that need addressing.

So, I've released a new version of Sometimes Raids Go Wrong. If you have it on Steam Workshop, it should have auto-updated by now, if you use direct downloads, please re-download it (see first post for details).

Changes:
- Rapid Ageing now only targets the Human body type, which matches the Youth Serum which also only targets the Human body type.
- Youth Serum should no longer remove body parts such as bionic legs, arms, hearts. It should no longer remove drug addictions or tolerances.
- Removed some unused code.

Sonsalt

Here are some additional ideas for you:

1. Infectious disease ( raiders have the plague/Malaria/...)
2. Discouraged (some of the attackers flee right away)
3. Starvation...
4. Mutiny
5. Prisoner escape (some of the attackers see their chance to escape and join our colony, if we help them to survive)
6. Mad Attack (2 raids of enemies who hat each other, starting on different sides)
7. Hangover (Party hard fight hard... well :P)

Would be great to have custom messages when these events happen :)

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: Roolo on May 06, 2019, 03:49:32 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the source code released. If you release the code, I can fix the problem involving Sometimes Raids go Wrong overwriting the raid functionality. A lot of people are missing hacked mechs and mounts in their raids now, while the fix is something I'd be able to pull off pretty quickly.
Is this bug still present in the current version of the mod(s) on Steam ?

Both mods are just too good to pass up on, so a fix would be very welcome.

Tsunamy

Quote from: MarvinKosh on July 26, 2019, 11:37:26 AM
Although I open-sourced my mods over a month ago, there is no new maintainer, and there are a few little problems here and there that need addressing.

We're very late into a major patch cycle. Most modders are either deeply involved in other projects or taking a break.

My suggestion is just to let someone else update them when the next major patch hits.

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: Sonsalt on July 27, 2019, 03:42:09 AM
Here are some additional ideas for you:

1. Infectious disease ( raiders have the plague/Malaria/...)
2. Discouraged (some of the attackers flee right away)
3. Starvation...
4. Mutiny
5. Prisoner escape (some of the attackers see their chance to escape and join our colony, if we help them to survive)
6. Mad Attack (2 raids of enemies who hat each other, starting on different sides)
7. Hangover (Party hard fight hard... well :P)

I'm not really looking to add any new content at the moment, just fix issues with what's there at the moment. I can say that #7 is already in the mod.

Quote from: ThiIsMe007 on July 27, 2019, 04:27:03 AM
Quote from: Roolo on May 06, 2019, 03:49:32 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the source code released. If you release the code, I can fix the problem involving Sometimes Raids go Wrong overwriting the raid functionality. A lot of people are missing hacked mechs and mounts in their raids now, while the fix is something I'd be able to pull off pretty quickly.
Is this bug still present in the current version of the mod(s) on Steam ?

Both mods are just too good to pass up on, so a fix would be very welcome.

Technically, it's not a bug, it's an incompatibility. Both mods are trying to change something about how raids are generated. The way to make them compatible is to have my mod do a check for Giddy-up! and run its code as well. Which sounds easy enough, but, isn't. That's why Roolo needed to see the source code.

TrashMan

is CRC compatible with Preemptive Strike?

RemingtonRyder

I couldn't say, I haven't looked at Preemptive Strike's code. I don't think that they would be incompatible, but that's just a guess.

RemingtonRyder

FYI, I have hidden Sometimes Raids Go Wrong on Steam Workshop until a 1.1 version is ready for release.

You can download the mod from Marvin's Mods if you need the 1.0 version in the meantime. Hiding an item on Steam Workshop does not remove it from people who have already downloaded it, but it does mean that nobody can subscribe in the meantime.

Marvin's Mods link: http://marvinkosh.omniloth.net/my-rimworld-1-0-mods/

12345abcde

Hello, I seem to be getting an error when some (not all) raids try to spawn and I'm not sure if it's related to your mod but it is mentioned in the log.

Error while generating pawn. Rethrowing. Exception: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at RimWorld.ChildRelationUtility.DefinitelyHasNotBirthName (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling.GenerateParentParams (Single minChronologicalAge, Single maxChronologicalAge, Single midChronologicalAge, Single minBioAgeToHaveChildren, Verse.Pawn generatedChild, Verse.Pawn existingChild, PawnGenerationRequest childRequest, System.Single& biologicalAge, System.Single& chronologicalAge, System.Single& melanin, System.String& lastName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling.GenerateParent (Verse.Pawn generatedChild, Verse.Pawn existingChild, Gender genderToGenerate, PawnGenerationRequest childRequest, Boolean newlyGeneratedParentsWillBeSpousesIfNotGay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling.CreateRelation (Verse.Pawn generated, Verse.Pawn other, Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawnRelations (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements, Boolean ignoreValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Normal:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, List`1, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
SometimesRaidsGoWrong.MarvsRandom_RaidEnemy:TryRandomExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
SometimesRaidsGoWrong.MarvsRandom_RaidEnemy:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey54:<>m__0()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Exception while generating pawn group: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at RimWorld.ChildRelationUtility.DefinitelyHasNotBirthName (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling.GenerateParentParams (Single minChronologicalAge, Single maxChronologicalAge, Single midChronologicalAge, Single minBioAgeToHaveChildren, Verse.Pawn generatedChild, Verse.Pawn existingChild, PawnGenerationRequest childRequest, System.Single& biologicalAge, System.Single& chronologicalAge, System.Single& melanin, System.String& lastName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling.GenerateParent (Verse.Pawn generatedChild, Verse.Pawn existingChild, Gender genderToGenerate, PawnGenerationRequest childRequest, Boolean newlyGeneratedParentsWillBeSpousesIfNotGay) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnRelationWorker_Sibling.CreateRelation (Verse.Pawn generated, Verse.Pawn other, Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawnRelations (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements, Boolean ignoreValidator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
SometimesRaidsGoWrong.MarvsRandom_RaidEnemy:TryRandomExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Got no pawns spawning raid from parms (target=(Map-1-PlayerHome) points=36160.82 raidStrategy=ImmediateAttack )

Mod list:

<modNames>
<li>Core</li>
<li>BetterLoading</li>
<li>Startup impact</li>
<li>Mod Manager</li>
<li>SRTS Expanded</li>
<li>HugsLib</li>
<li>Camera+</li>
<li>TD Enhancement Pack</li>
<li>4M Mehni's Misc Modifications</li>
<li>ED-EnhancedOptions</li>
<li>Kill For Me</li>
<li>Allow Tool</li>
<li>Alpha Animals</li>
<li>Animal Food Restrictions</li>
<li>Auto Seller</li>
<li>LWM's Deep Storage</li>
<li>Better Pawn Control</li>
<li>Common Sense</li>
<li>Don't Drop Weapon</li>
<li>EdB Prepare Carefully</li>
<li>Food Alert</li>
<li>Gear Up And Go</li>
<li>Go Explore!</li>
<li>HolyWasher</li>
<li>Interaction Bubbles</li>
<li>Level Up!</li>
<li>[SS]Lovely Hair Style</li>
<li>Master of Cooking</li>
<li>Master of Crafting</li>
<li>Medical Tab</li>
<li>More Mechanoids</li>
<li>More Planning</li>
<li>[KV] More Trait Slots - 1.0</li>
<li>Nature is Beautiful v2.5 [1.0]</li>
<li>[RF] Pawns are Capable! [1.0]</li>
<li>Pick Up And Haul</li>
<li>QualityBuilder</li>
<li>Quarry 1.0</li>
<li>Realistic Rooms Lite</li>
<li>Recipe icons</li>
<li>Relations Tab</li>
<li>Replace Stuff</li>
<li>RimCities (Dev Build)</li>
<li>[KV] RimFridge - 1.0</li>
<li>Rimsenal - Rimhair</li>
<li>Rimworld Search Agency</li>
<li>RockSmooth Walls [1.0]</li>
<li>RimOverhaul - Without Ore and Gas System</li>
<li>RunAndGun</li>
<li>[KV] Show Hair With Hats or Hide All Hats - 1.0</li>
<li>Simple sidearms</li>
<li>Snap Out!</li>
<li>Spoons Hair Mod</li>
<li>Spotted</li>
<li>[KV] Trading Spot - 1.0</li>
<li>Tribal Headgear Retexturing</li>
<li>Veinminer R1.0</li>
<li>Work Tab</li>
<li>[KV] Faction Control - 1.0</li>
<li>Smart Medicine</li>
<li>OgreStack</li>
<li>Auto Caravan Equip (Autoseller Extension)</li>
<li>A Dog Said... Animal Prosthetics</li>
<li>Real Ruins</li>
<li>[RF] Realistic Planets [1.0]</li>
<li>Numbers</li>
<li>Circle And Oval</li>
<li>No Friendly Fire</li>
<li>PawnTargetFix</li>
<li>RimHUD</li>
<li>Door Mat R1.0</li>
<li>Tilled Soil</li>
<li>[1.0] Drugs are not Food</li>
<li>Animals Logic</li>
<li>ED-Embrasures</li>
<li>[FSF] Rain Washes Away Filth</li>
<li>Grazing Lands</li>
<li>[FSF] Growable Grass</li>
<li>99 Percent</li>
<li>Deconstruct Return Fix</li>
<li>Dubs Mint Menus</li>
<li>Dub's Paint Shop</li>
<li>Everybody Gets One</li>
<li>Faster Smoothing</li>
<li>Field Medic [1.0]</li>
<li>Incident Person Stat</li>
<li>InventoryTab</li>
<li>Defensive Positions</li>
<li>Days Matter</li>
<li>Carry Capacity Fix</li>
<li>Better Vanilla Masking</li>
<li>Armor Racks</li>
<li>Animal Gear</li>
<li>Animal Armor: Vanilla</li>
<li>[RF] Advanced Bridges [1.0]</li>
<li>Let's Trade! [1.0]</li>
<li>MiningCo. Spaceship</li>
<li>[KV] Adjustable Trade Ships - 1.0</li>
<li>Better Traders (x2)</li>
<li>Billy's Improved Caravan Formation</li>
<li>Large Faction Bases</li>
<li>Large Outpost</li>
<li>Large Prison Camp</li>
<li>More Harvest Designators!</li>
<li>More Sculpture</li>
<li>[XND] Turret Extensions</li>
<li>Try to find it!</li>
<li>Vanilla Fences</li>
<li>Vanilla Furniture Expanded</li>
<li>Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Production</li>
<li>Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Security</li>
<li>Vanilla Weapons Expanded</li>
<li>Vanilla Armour Expanded</li>
<li>Vanilla Apparel Expanded</li>
<li>Wall Light</li>
<li>Won hair_women </li>
<li>Won hair_men</li>
<li>Stuffed Floors</li>
<li>Stackable Chunks [1.0]</li>
<li>Sparkling Worlds - Core Mod [1.0] - Reduced features</li>
<li>Sparkling Worlds Addon - Blue Moon Corp [1.0] - Standalone Addon</li>
<li>Sparkling Worlds Addon - Mech Serum Crafting [1.0] - Standalone Addon</li>
<li>Sparkling Worlds Addon - More Events [1.0] - Standalone Addon</li>
<li>Simple Turrets</li>
<li>Simple Turrets - TE Patch</li>
<li>Mortar Accuracy</li>
<li>[WD] Simple Concrete 1.0</li>
<li>ShowModDesignators</li>
<li>Show Draftees Weapon</li>
<li>Shield Generators by Frontier Developments</li>
<li>Share The Load</li>
<li>SF Grim Reality</li>
<li>Map Reroll</li>
<li>NamesGalore</li>
<li>Pack Mules Extended</li>
<li>Progress Renderer</li>
<li>Quest Tab</li>
<li>Range Finder</li>
<li>RBSE Hardcore Edition</li>
<li>Remote Tech</li>
<li>Rimsenal - Enhanced Vanilla Pack</li>
<li>[KV] Save Storage, Outfit, Crafting, Drug, &amp; Operation Settings - 1.0</li>
<li>Pharmacist</li>
<li>MendAndRecycle</li>
<li>Begone, Message!</li>
<li>Trade Ships Drop Spot</li>
<li>[KV] Change Skill Levels &amp; Don't Lose Levels</li>
<li>DegradationMod</li>
<li>Timelapse 2000</li>
<li>Music on the Rim</li>
<li>[1.0] ExtendedInspectData</li>
<li>CCP's Stone Tweaks Vanilla</li>
<li>WearedArmorInfo</li>
<li>[KV] Change Dresser - 1.0</li>
<li>More Graphs</li>
<li>[KV] No Max Bills - 1.0</li>
<li>Better Workbench Management</li>
<li>RuntimeGC</li>
<li>Search and Destroy</li>
<li>Neuter Animals</li>
<li>[NL] Custom Portraits</li>
<li>[KV] Consolidated Traits - 1.0</li>
<li>CaravanColonistInfo</li>
<li>Additional Traits w/ Heroes + Gods</li>
<li>[KV] Impassable Map Maker - 1.0</li>
<li>Little Storage for LWM's Deep Storage</li>
<li>Loading In Progress</li>
<li>More Crashed Ship Parts</li>
<li>More Filters</li>
<li>Remove Death Amnesia</li>
<li>ResearchPal</li>
<li>Rimworld: Spartan Foundry</li>
<li>Roo's Accessory Hairstyles</li>
<li>Sometimes Raids Go Wrong</li>
<li>Use Bedrolls</li>
<li>[SF] Priority treatment 1.1</li>
<li>TicksPerSecond</li>
<li>Dubs Performance Analyzer</li>
<li>Cremate Auto Strip</li>

EDIT: I have been testing and going from what the log says I'd guess it's an issue generating relationships which happens more often at really high wealth (because more pawns are generated). I don't really have any mod that touches relationships though so I'm puzzled. It's happening somewhat rarely but still happens here and there when forcing a raid spawn.

EDIT2: This also only seems to be happening on Randy (I started using Randy a couple days ago, I played on Cassandra the whole game and this never happened and it's not happening after spawning a lot of raids with her). So... I guess it's on me or my mods, unlikely to be related to yours.

EDIT3: It finally happened with Cassandra, just took a lot longer. I'm seriously clueless here.

RemingtonRyder

There's probably a mod conflict, but I couldn't tell you which one is causing it.

RemingtonRyder

Hey guys.

Just a reminder, please only download my mods from Steam Workshop or my site, Marvin's Mods (or other links that I post, like test versions on Dropbox).

There's someone mass re-uploading RimWorld mods to another site, and when you click the download button you generally get spammed with ads. I would recommend avoiding any site that forces ads on you before it'll give you the download.

akiceabear

Quick note that I am really looking forward to Combat Readiness Check for 1.1 - it's one of my favorite mods, especially in combination with Combat Extended.

Sarge

Sorry, I didn't know if it was better know if it would be better to necro this thread or start a new one not being sure in which sub-forum and probably getting that wrong.

I can't seem to find a working/updated mod that prioritises hauling perishables and frankly I am shocked that I'm not finding a lot more people requesting/begging for it because I find the micromanagement of doing this manually a massive pita. That surely means there is one and I just suck at finding it, right?

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?