[A16][Fences and Embrasures Bug Fix] I've Got You In My Sights (0.0.2)

Started by DonationBox, February 15, 2017, 05:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonationBox

I've Got You In My Sights (NOW WORKING)

Made By: DonationBox
Helped a loooooot: spdskatr and Brrainz

This is a simple assembly fix that solves the problem of attackers not being able to shoot at pawns that are inside embrasure bunkers or other impassible but shoot through-capable walls, or bases completely surrounded by fences. It will not work if there are no doors on the bunkers or bases because of a quirk in the game's programming that I'm going to fix later, so you can still cheese with completely inaccessible turrets if you want. Fixed now.

Update 0.0.2 - The mod now officially works after some dirty solutions that shouldn't matter in the current version of RimWorld. Invading hostiles can now freely target inaccessible pawns with ranged weapons, although your pawns, when put on autoattack mode and not drafted, cannot do the same until I figure out how to patch that, but it shouldn't affect gameplay unless you are fond of walling in pawns.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfqacd4mvsgc7zy/I%27ve%20Got%20You%20In%20My%20Sights.zip?dl=0

Spdskatr

To be honest, without you doing it I would have had no idea how to make this mod. Isn't it just obvious when you see someone else do it?  :D
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Navy1227

So basically if I use ED's embrasures, I was unable to be shot back at by attacking pawns? Now with this mod I will actually be susceptible to return fire? It's been a long night for me, I'm just trying to double check things is all.

crusader2010

Also, is it the same with the embrasures from Combat Realism? Do they work correctly or do they need this patch (with/without a compatibility patch)? thanks :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

DonationBox

It's for fixing a very specific interaction where raiders cannot target pawns that they cannot path to. If you use embrasures you may or may not run into this problem depending on how you set them up.

There should be no compatibility issues.

XeoNovaDan

This looks to potentially be a critical balance fix for ED-Embrasures, definitely liking the idea of this. If this project moves on, I'll definitely be inclined to download mods such as ED-Embrasures which'd otherwise just be significantly too overpowered.

DonationBox

Update 0.0.2 - The mod now officially works. See main post for link and details.

Sniper Pilot

Gizamaluke

So, just to clarify, i have 3 questions about this fix.

1)If i build an embrasure and position my man next to it the enemy can shoot back from distance?
2)If i put my man in a room without doors with an embrasure wall the enemy can shoot at him and if i tell him to do so he will fire back at them?
3)If my man is in sealed building with a door but no embrasures and just walls the enemy cannot shoot him until they break down the door?
All yes to the above?

DonationBox

Quote from: Gizamaluke on February 24, 2017, 08:31:47 AM
So, just to clarify, i have 3 questions about this fix.

1)If i build an embrasure and position my man next to it the enemy can shoot back from distance?
2)If i put my man in a room without doors with an embrasure wall the enemy can shoot at him and if i tell him to do so he will fire back at them?
3)If my man is in sealed building with a door but no embrasures and just walls the enemy cannot shoot him until they break down the door?
All yes to the above?

Yes to all of the above.

Derp

Is there some special load order for the mod?  I just tried this out by slapping it at the bottom of my other mods, but ran into the same targeting issues with enclosed (ED-)embrasures.

Also does the mod really need a cutesy name?  "Embrasure Targeting Fix" would have been fine.