[1.0] Smarter Food Selection, Hydroponics with lamps and more...

Started by Wishmaster, February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishmaster

Quote from: Canute on October 19, 2017, 06:49:29 AM
Yes same tile, i wanted use that to repair.But there is still the question to get the pod onto the map, currently they are just floating at the air. I would need another launch to land on these map.

Since i don't notice a way to repair on the world yet. Does a button only appear when you got a construction enabled pawn onboard ?
No, just checked it. I don't see an option to repair while at world screen.

A refuel from cargo would allow me at last to trade at max. pod without repair underway.

A repair button should appear when you select a fleet with at least one damaged pods even if you no capable colonists on board. If so, the button appears you says you need one.
The repair is instant, uses components just like on the map and does not require specific skills.

Getting the pod onto the map is another story...

I am worried for the reasons people may not see it.

== edit : ==

I did not mention the repair button only appears when you have broken down pods. This means they've done 2 trips.
This has no impacts on pods hit points.

Canute

Ok, that explain why i don't saw any repair button.
But currently pointless for me, when i don't find an "easy" way to refuel outside.
Maybe i need to create a semi-temp. fuelcamp.
But then an option not to unload the pod would be useful, hmm maybe the
[A17]AntiAutoUnload-Keeps your inventory!
mod works with the pods.

Then i could jump from the home to the fuelcamp, unload pawn,fuel and repair the pods and jump futher to the tradeoutpost.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Canute on October 19, 2017, 09:53:15 AM
But currently pointless for me, when i don't find an "easy" way to refuel outside.
mod works with the pods.

Then i could jump from the home to the fuelcamp, unload pawn,fuel and repair the pods and jump futher to the tradeoutpost.

At first I wanted to make a feature to refuel front inventory on world map. But I felt like it would be to OP.

You could purchase fuel from faction bases and bunny hop to anywhere quite easily.
But well a there is a obviously a workaround for this.

That's for the next update.

Canute

Another thing for the future.
It is possible to maintance the pods at homezone to reset their repair count ?
I just a damaged pod hanging at an outpost without pawn, because i wanted to test the remote trading.
And now i need to send another pod with pawn and components to repair it.

Btw. these remote trading is a great feature to park pod at the outpost to check if they restock their tradegoods.

And maybe an option to join 2 pod into a fleet, when they are at the same tile on the worldmap.

Edit: Just got the idea, to add an refuel/repair option at non-tribe outposts.
Value of missing fuel/component + 100 silver fee, instead to use fuel from inventory.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Canute on October 21, 2017, 04:28:22 AM
Another thing for the future.
It is possible to maintance the pods at homezone to reset their repair count ?
I just a damaged pod hanging at an outpost without pawn, because i wanted to test the remote trading.
And now i need to send another pod with pawn and components to repair it.

Btw. these remote trading is a great feature to park pod at the outpost to check if they restock their tradegoods.

And maybe an option to join 2 pod into a fleet, when they are at the same tile on the worldmap.

Edit: Just got the idea, to add an refuel/repair option at non-tribe outposts.
Value of missing fuel/component + 100 silver fee, instead to use fuel from inventory.

Maintenance.
Why not if you can force the repair and use a component anyway.

Join 2 pods in a fleet
it is actually possible. you have to select several fleets on want to merge.
But the selection can be tricky because they have to be on the same tile... You can achieve this by drawing a selection rectangle or double clicking on it.
I guess is not obvious so I'll make it so you can simply merge all fleets in the same select by just selecting one.

refuel/repair option
I am not sure I want to make it possible to purchase fuel. OKAY when it is available from the standard trader. Otherwise, no.
Another extra feature could be to show everywhere on the map how much fuel is for sale at a given base.

Also thank you for your interest to the mod !

Canute

QuoteAlso thank you for your interest to the mod !

This is what Rimworld made it longterm interesting, playing it with different set of mods ! :-)

QuoteYou can achieve this by drawing a selection rectangle or double clicking on it.
Doh, didn't though about that, i just was looking for the merge button, since you could do this with caravans too.

QuoteI am not sure I want to make it possible to purchase fuel. OKAY when it is available from the standard trader. Otherwise, no.
Another extra feature could be to show everywhere on the map how much fuel is for sale at a given base.
Non-tribe outpost should have chemfuel for sale, unless you allready bought it. Not that many but enough to fill 1-2 pods.
This would enable pod's to return or fly to the next base.

QuoteMaintenance.
Why not if you can force the repair and use a component anyway.
I wanted to avoid the use of components for that since the thruster isn't broken so far.
But anything is good, so long i don't got a pod without pawn at the friendly base without repairabily.

Wishmaster

I implement refuel from inventory, I realize that you can store 3000 units of fuel in the 150 kg capable cargo of a single pod. This allows to travel ridiculously far. With a single colonist and enough components & fuel.

I think about increasing chemfuel mass a lot.

Also I will just add a "refuel and launch" command to fully refuel. After all a command to only refuel would be pointless.
I hope nobody minds !

Canute

Btw. 3000 sounds much at the first look, but just do an example , you want transport an assault group of 8 pawns to an destination which is 400 chemfuel away.
You will need 5 pod, 4 for the 8 pawn and one for fuel. Each pod need 800 fuel total, but 200 are allready filled in the base. 5 * 600 = 3000.
Sure this will be a great time reduction if you can take the pod's back home instead to travel as caravan home.
And you need to create the chemfuel first.

Since you are playing around with it.
Before you you increase the mass of chemfuel to limit the range of the pods with onboard refuel.
Think about my first idea to increase the fuel level of the pods by 2x 200 with expensive researches. But without the refuel ability from inventory.
And btw. i would lock the refuel ability behind some research too.

Wishmaster

Fuel mass
Well I don't if it is not so much after all... You can achieve easy travel to the end game AI ship. Perhaps you need many pods after all.
I was testing with a 8x times heavier fuel.. maybe try 3 times. maybe change nothing.

"But without the refuel ability from inventory.
And btw. i would lock the refuel ability behind some research too."
I really want this refuel ability to be a thing you can achieve without settling, setting up a camp. Because you can do it this way anyway.
However that gives an idea:
Refueling from home is made possible by a cheap building that requires no extra research. Some kind of refuel station.
BUT once you built it, you cannot build it on another map unless you abandon it. Basically this building is only available at home.

In order to refuel from anywhere, you need a research, and it takes some time depending on your colonists (skill/stats, number). Could be the same for repair.

Fuel compression research
Again I was skeptical but it also gives me an idea:
Fuel compression is a research that allows you to refuel pods with much more fuel at the cost of expensive work and a special refuel building.
Or maybe just an extra long range pod.

But all of those ideas will give me more and more work, delaying the next update more and more...
I do not want to just make a research (even expensive) to simply double the fuel capacity. That sounds unrealistic. Sorry.

== edit:  ==
true that, balance then realism.
Still I don't like that idea ^^'...

Canute

Double fuel capacity don't just be, to add another fuel tank outside.
You can say, you just researched a new smaller thruster engine, and the spare room, you just could add another fueltank.
And another research the overhaul the fuel efficiency, to give another 25-50%.
Or you can say, you reasearch a new rocketfuel type and double the range, but you need to refine these new rocketfuel from chemfuel first.

There are soo many way to made it realistic.
It is just a matter of balance then realistic IMO :-)

Rei-No

I use a mod called Packed Lunch   I think its by Rue.   Your mod does not see this and does not put it in the food line for Smarter Food Selection. It purpose is to get rid of the eat without table, debuff..  Which is very  poor in my mind..  They suffer enough debuff's without carrying stupid meals and eating them on purpose away from a table..  Well the cook packs them a lunch,  which they should be able to use. they are made with the actual meals. so he's currenlty packing fine meals into there lunch, but, I can't get them to carry it, because smarter meals doesn't see them.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Rei-No on October 23, 2017, 08:08:46 PM
I use a mod called Packed Lunch   I think its by Rue.   Your mod does not see this and does not put it in the food line for Smarter Food Selection. It purpose is to get rid of the eat without table, debuff..  Which is very  poor in my mind..  They suffer enough debuff's without carrying stupid meals and eating them on purpose away from a table..  Well the cook packs them a lunch,  which they should be able to use. they are made with the actual meals. so he's currenlty packing fine meals into there lunch, but, I can't get them to carry it, because smarter meals doesn't see them.

This has already been before. Unfortunately SFS has many issues.
But this mod's source code is kind of a mess I don't really want to work on it again. I think I'll just do it for A18.

Sorry for that.

Klitri

Quote from: Wishmaster on October 19, 2017, 10:51:10 AM
Quote from: Canute on October 19, 2017, 09:53:15 AM
mod works with the pods.

At first I wanted to make a feature to refuel front inventory on world map. But I felt like it would be to OP.

You could purchase fuel from faction bases and bunny hop to anywhere quite easily.
But well a there is a obviously a workaround for this.

That's for the next update.

It's cool you wanted to balance the game or whatever but now if you land pods they can't refuel at all so thanks. A lot.

Wishmaster

Regarding pods balance.

With A18 and the need to defend the friendly AI ship, traveling with 3000 units of chemfuel does not seem so op anymore.

However I am considering a new recipe for pods containing uranium to make less OP.
Something like 10 uranium and 50 plasteel... or maybe just uranium.

At the moment, new pods make the vanilla pods and caravan almost completely irrelevant.

Balance change on my current work:
* you have higher research cost
* 2 expensive new research to reduce fuel  use
* you can see how much fuel is for sale at any village (you have to select them however).

I am thinking about renaming the current version "OP edition" and creating a new standard one but less OP.

Layd

A good mod, but I do not understand why 18 tier, when they are 16. This can be seen from the screenshot of my table. In addition, I would like to see the sorting not at a price, because it is not correct, but by general parameters. Why does Arctic wolfskin have a bigger tier than Pigskin, if it's worse ...? Yes it is rare, but what good is the player with this? By this I propose to divide and distribute skin types by the sum of parameters. And also leave only "Tier 1, Tier 2, etc." in the title, as it is not correct to give the name of the animal to a group of different skins (this should be strictly in the description). Some species of animals have unique skin, such as Thrumbo, but it's better to just write Tier 1, so that there is a general concept, regardless of the mods of the players on animals, etc.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]