[1.0] Smarter Food Selection, Hydroponics with lamps and more...

Started by Wishmaster, February 20, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishmaster

Quote from: Layd on November 11, 2017, 11:47:46 PM
A good mod, but I do not understand why 18 tier, when they are 16. This can be seen from the screenshot of my table. In addition, I would like to see the sorting not at a price, because it is not correct, but by general parameters. Why does Arctic wolfskin have a bigger tier than Pigskin, if it's worse ...? Yes it is rare, but what good is the player with this? By this I propose to divide and distribute skin types by the sum of parameters. And also leave only "Tier 1, Tier 2, etc." in the title, as it is not correct to give the name of the animal to a group of different skins (this should be strictly in the description). Some species of animals have unique skin, such as Thrumbo, but it's better to just write Tier 1, so that there is a general concept, regardless of the mods of the players on animals, etc.

A good mod, but I do not understand why 18 tier
There are just as many tiers as different leathers.

Why does Arctic wolfskin have a bigger tier than Pigskin, if it's worse ...?
Ranking tiers is quite random and simplistic. I've just used the product and all stats to rank them.
Thrumbo fur is top but element skin is very low which sounds wrong I know. But it's no big deal after all.

And also leave only "Tier 1, Tier 2, etc." in the title, as it is not correct to give the name of the animal to a group of different skins
Not correct ? It is "Tier x (y race leather)" but a tier is only made a single race. I really don't understand here.

Layd

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 12, 2017, 11:46:10 AM
As I have shown in the table of different leathers 16, not 18.
They are absolutely no different.
Ranking tiers is quite random and simplistic. I've just used the product and all stats to rank them.
Thrumbo fur is top but element skin is very low which sounds wrong I know. But it's no big deal after all.
Therefore, I propose to make the ranking not random, but quite a legitimate basis for the parameters of the leather.
Not correct ? It is "Tier x (y race leather)" but a tier is only made a single race. I really don't understand here.
The screenshot that I'll attach will say better for me. What I wanted to explain. It would be desirable to see simply Tier 16 leather, instead of Tier 16 leather (rhinoceros) as it allocates it from the general concept.

p.s. By the way why do you have rhinoceros leather such a low tier 16 is also not understandable. Considering that she rightfully takes 3rd place in the game. Revise my first table, there in figures everything is clear and reasonable. And one of the mistakes you have is to isolate the human skin in a separate tier, as it is identical to the skin of the boomrat. This would be the case if it somehow influenced the settlers by imposing debuffs.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

Quote from: Layd on November 13, 2017, 04:20:06 AM
Therefore, I propose to make the ranking not random, but quite a legitimate basis for the parameters of the leather.
You forget one thing.
This mod not only works for vanilia only animal/leather, it works with other leather types from other mods too.
To made a ranking, you need to have a sorting in some kind. Sort by blunt or pierce, cold or warm.
You see a ranking will be subjective most of the time, depend on the user who made it.

Personaly i am fine, if we just got 4 types of leather, low,normal,good, high quality. Thats why i mosttimes convert my leather into Blended leather or patchwork leather and just keep thrumbo for special purpose.

Wishmaster

Quote from: Layd on November 13, 2017, 04:20:06 AM
As I have shown in the table of different leathers 16, not 18.
The screenshot that I'll attach will say better for me. What I wanted to explain. It would be desirable to see simply Tier 16 leather, instead of Tier 16 leather (rhinoceros) as it allocates it from the general concept.

p.s. By the way why do you have rhinoceros leather such a low tier 16 is also not understandable. Considering that she rightfully takes 3rd place in the game. Revise my first table, there in figures everything is clear and reasonable. And one of the mistakes you have is to isolate the human skin in a separate tier, as it is identical to the skin of the boomrat. This would be the case if it somehow influenced the settlers by imposing debuffs.

QuoteAs I have shown in the table of different leathers 16, not 18.

I am not checking your table completely but I am sure it is not up to date. Where you did get the stats from ? Wiki ? take them from the game instead. Also your table does not match the vanilla tier order.
I am almost sure are no bugs regarding grouping leathers.

QuoteTherefore, I propose to make the ranking not random, but quite a legitimate basis for the parameters of the leather.

It is not random and also, what your formula/algorithm to make a tier then ? Since I have made the mod I had another idea but I don't feel like changing TML so much unless a bug is found. I haven't edited this for a while now.

Heymom

Hey. I am having issues with TML. I am after the best protection leather, and the tier ranking for this, is not correct. Would it be possible to make a sort() option? so we can place tiers after what we are after in a particular game.

smth like;
sort(protection, insulation, value)

regards.

wwWraith

Are the B18 updates planning? I urgently need Smarter Food Selection, without it I'm going mad looking at my dogs stealing berries from colony while they have a lot of tasty kibble and corpses available :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

muffalomill

Does anyone know if you can prevent people from eating packaged survival meals using the food selection mod?

wwWraith

muffalomill, you can do it by editing Defs\Compatibility\Core.xml to something like this:

<Defs>
<WM.SmarterFoodSelection.CompabilityDef>
<!-- <defname>SFS_Core</defname>-->
<requiredMod>Core</requiredMod>
<foods>
<li>
<def>NutrientPasteDispenser</def>
<pref>MealAwful</pref>
</li>
<li>
<def>PlantMoss</def>
<pref>Grass</pref>
</li>
<li> <!-- added -->
<def>MealSurvivalPack</def>
<pref>RawBad</pref>
</li>
</foods>
</WM.SmarterFoodSelection.CompabilityDef>
</Defs>

I used this variant to allow eating PSMs only while there are no other "valid" food available. I think you can change "RawBad" to "Luxury" if you really want to disallow them completely.

I have a feeling that there was some issue with it, can't remember exactly. Either pawns could take PSM into their inventory (but still eating only allowed food), or they didn't take but could eat PSM if it already was in their inventory (if pawn was spawned with it). Probably it even was fixed.

Anyway, in practice it worked fine enough.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

frenchiveruti

Canute

Wishmaster,
since you rarely update this thread and you allready update your steam
Can you maybe consider to change the download links to your github projects ?
And for us gamer, here is the link to Wishmaster github.
https://github.com/Wishmaster01
Many of his mods allready got a B18 version.

teag2

In Smarter Food Selection, is there any chance for a new animal food mode which always dissallows meals? I'm doing a tribal start and the dogs are eating all the pemmican, and none of the modes have them prioritize raw rice and meat over it.

Canute

teag2,
take a look at \Mods\WM Smarter Food Selection\Defs\Policies
you can edit the xml and modify at this way the diet.

minakurafto

if self launching pod has a ship texture and can load more,more range and take place more than 1x1, then it can will be an aircraft mod

b18 wm sfs make pawn cant eat and sleep in caravan

carpediembr