[1.5] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (4/8/2024)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Scroll abit up, or search the thread for camp/psychology.

Hypherios

Heyo! Mod is great, only problem is the force level-up menu is not working. I get the force points and all, but no choice to lvl up.

Mods I'm running currently:
jecrell's Tobacco and Cigarettes
EDB's Prepare Carefully
RBSE Hardcore Edition
Tilled Soil
Star Wars - Factions
Star Wars - The Force
downloading Star Wars - Lightsabers mod as I type this.

Could the lack of the Lightsaber mod be the issue? I don't see any mods that could directly have problems with a level-up system like the Force mod has. Maybe the surgery with the extra medical lvlup bills, but not sure on that either.

Orpheus

I used all those mods and many others, and had no trouble with levelling force powers.  And it works without lightsabers.  Only thing I can think of is that you might have misunderstood how it works?  Just click on what you want to spend the points on, there's not supposed to be a 'level-up' button or anything.

Hypherios

The issue i had is thatthe alignment line was black with no coloring at the edges and the only thing other than that in the force menu was the xp bar and the points available text, no other icons. But, after disabling the tobacco mod seeing how my economy doesn't need that bit of help, installing the saber mod and moving the force mod to 1st in line it works.

gaultesian

I just started playing rimworld 2 weeks ago, and only found this star wars mod a mere 3 days ago.....love it!  Can't wait for the light sabers to make it to A17.  Keep up the great work!

Edit:  found the sabers on github for A17, and will test them out later this evening.

XenGrimm

Everything is A17 capable right now - I'm about to dive into some heavy testing to make sure there are no snags.

zobeltran

If you guys really want to play these mods on your 0.17 saves. The author's github provides just that

gaultesian

Gave it a test run last night, and noticed my light side/Jedi ghost companion only had some sort of gladius sword, not a light saber.  It was rather funny invoking him into the middle of a raider group, only to have him swat at them with his itty-bitty swordy thing.   

Now, my jedi was only at level 1 with that particular trick, so it may be that the ghost upgrades as you go higher (it did not seem to be that way with A16...you invoked a ghost with a light saber).

Cheers, and keep up the great work!
Gaultesian

TurkeyKittin

Hey, I just want to say, absolutely phenomenal work. This is such an ambitious project, and yet you were able to execute it exceptionally well. Keep it up!

Looking around I got a sense that there are things yet to come, and so I thought I'd toss in some ideas.

Droids could be a very interesting addition. Initially I thought they could be another race and just be enslaved by the Hutts and Jawas, though there's the issue of non-enslaved droids... Which generally in the lore of Star Wars, droids always have masters... Fixing their mental attributes might be a bit of a challenge, but seeing what you've done so far, I am not worried.

I really see two options on this topic:
1) Droids act as colonists but work as their own individual races. Traits (Protocol vs Astro-droid vs other types) allow them to do some things but not others. For example, Protocol droids tend to cleaning, social, and hauling, while astro-droids can construct and repair.
2) With a bit of work, droids could function well as pets. Custom training regimes would be needed to enable things like construction. Maybe adding in extra parts through surgery could enable different functions to be "trained" (More like enabling a functionality or disabling it, training of a droid =/= training of an animal)

I can imagine wandering droids looking for their masters, passing by a colony as an incident. Colonists give chase and capture it, then must reprogram it. There's a whole lot of work to do in this area, and I honestly would focus on what you guys are working on right now. Just food for thought  ;D

Dragoon

Just thought I'd let you and the other author know. This mod has an incompatibility with simple sidearms. I cannot draft my colonist with both this and Simple sidearms on.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

SNKcell

Great mod

Any preview of new things? Maybe Darth Vader? XD

Craig68x

I can't get these mods to work. I have A17 but it's saying it's compatible. Huh???

edit: Nevermind. I'm such a noob. Working. Awesome mod!
~~Why is Abbreviation such a long word?~~

YCFCj

hey. Really enjoy the mod.
One of the blasters is giving me a weird blue triangle:

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

YCFCj

it seems to be the weapon itself:

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]