[1.4] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (10/24/2022)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XenGrimm

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on May 12, 2017, 09:31:59 PM
Are there any known incompatibilities with the lightsaber mod? I've only had problems with that mod. Things like being unable to create a new planet, force powers and draft buttons not appearing, and outright crashes on world load. The console always mentioning something to do with harmony patch. Anytime I remove it everything works just fine.

Psychology seems to mess things up - and possibly the camping mod - though it seems like some people can get camps to work.

It is because other mods use code that diverts certain pawn methods etc that we need to hook into.

This is them being incompatible with ANYTHING ELSE that tries to use code they are killing. Not our mods.

Lennbolt7

Quote from: XenGrimm on May 12, 2017, 11:32:07 PM
Quote from: Lennbolt7 on May 12, 2017, 09:31:59 PM
Are there any known incompatibilities with the lightsaber mod? I've only had problems with that mod. Things like being unable to create a new planet, force powers and draft buttons not appearing, and outright crashes on world load. The console always mentioning something to do with harmony patch. Anytime I remove it everything works just fine.

Psychology seems to mess things up - and possibly the camping mod - though it seems like some people can get camps to work.

It is because other mods use code that diverts certain pawn methods etc that we need to hook into.

This is them being incompatible with ANYTHING ELSE that tries to use code they are killing. Not our mods.

I removed the camping mod and everything worked just fine. Thanks.

SynsPlayground

Are there any known incompatibilities with the force? Would appreciate if anyone knows some. Currently trying to get this mod to work nice with my other 100+ mods and could really stand to save some time eliminating some of the known incompatible mods from the list of mods to test. Current known issue with my set up is force sensitive bar not progressing.
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

XenGrimm

Jecrell had to make a change to XP gain so that you would gain XP doing normal bills etc.
This made "static quality" incompatible with the a16 version due to how it diverts XP handling.

nackskott

I just subscribed to the 3 SW mods on steam and runs the unstable branch of a17 but i get alot of errors when loading. is this simply because it doesn't work with unstable a17 yet?

XenGrimm

Quote from: nackskott on May 14, 2017, 03:43:07 PM
I just subscribed to the 3 SW mods on steam and runs the unstable branch of a17 but i get alot of errors when loading. is this simply because it doesn't work with unstable a17 yet?

Steam versions are a16

a17 versions are on git

nackskott

Quote from: XenGrimm on May 14, 2017, 07:58:02 PM
Quote from: nackskott on May 14, 2017, 03:43:07 PM

Steam versions are a16

a17 versions are on git

Doh! Now I get it! :P

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nackskott

since the update last night my troopers can't draft and you can't see the weapon slot (or force powers) to the right of the character info but you can see it under the gears tab.
I got no loading errors whatsoever and I'm not sure it's the SW mods or the core game that's broken. Just wanted to let you know  :)

khearn

I'm also not getting the draft, weapon, or force powers buutons when I have a pawn selected. This seems to have started when I updated to 0.17.1539. I just tried a new colony wih only core and the force 0.17.2 loaded. I can see the buttons if I only have core loaded.

blaxblade

Is compatible with hardcore SK? Especially with the part of the MOD derived from combat realism
I have read that will be compatible with combat extended

crowman

Any chance you could upload the mods to dropbox or somewhere else other than steam? Thanks.

klun

Quote from: khearn on May 16, 2017, 09:16:30 PM
I'm also not getting the draft, weapon, or force powers buutons when I have a pawn selected. This seems to have started when I updated to 0.17.1539. I just tried a new colony wih only core and the force 0.17.2 loaded. I can see the buttons if I only have core loaded.

Same thing happen to me had to disable it..  Btw Great Mod. thx...

Canute

Quote from: crowman on May 20, 2017, 07:30:49 AM
Any chance you could upload the mods to dropbox or somewhere else other than steam? Thanks.
They A16 version is located at his patreon website.
And when you speak about the A17 version, for the Unstable A17 RW version you need steam anyway. And when you got A17 without steam ....

blaxblade

Hello masters, i have tried your mod with hardcrore ( that use combat realism) and 95% of features work perfectly, everybody except reflection; Even though my Jedi manages to block all shots, but even with the skill of reflection at most does not reflect anything
As it has excellent compatibility, how can I solve the problem of reflection?

Huivn

Whenever I try to generate a world, nothing happens. I turned on dev mode and got the following error:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QNsyo4TaYroM84WezCT8e3bPHUeREXVAV-ZJNWSiGog/edit?usp=sharing

I've narrowed it down to Lightsabers, and I've fully uninstalled both Psychology and Set-Up Camp. Anyone know what's going on?