[1.5] Star Wars - A RimWorld Series (4/8/2024)

Started by jecrell, April 09, 2017, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIFShinobi

My game just started lagging i looked at the output log and this line keeps repeating . . .

PJ_SithTrait found no data at degree 0, returning first defined.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

can someone help?

Canute

Quote from: RoboticManiac on May 07, 2017, 02:16:27 PM
I seem to run into a problem about 2 years after a game begins. In that it simply locks up, and freezes permanently. The lock up seems reminiscent of the lag spike you might get during a raid, but normally the alert sounds goes off when that occurs.

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I run quite a few mods, but the issue only started occuring after adding the three Star Wars mods. Happens no matter the speed the game is running at.
Noone else reported something similar yet here.
And jecrell need at last the error log.
Enable the developer mode at the option.
Then after you load the colony open the debug log with one of the small icons on top.
With the green button "share logs" you can upload the error log, and you should post the link here.
When you got an red error at the end of the log too, you can copy it at the clipboard with the copy button and post it here too.

SoldierGG1

GIFShinobi

Quote from: RoboticManiac on May 07, 2017, 02:16:27 PM
I seem to run into a problem about 2 years after a game begins. In that it simply locks up, and freezes permanently. The lock up seems reminiscent of the lag spike you might get during a raid, but normally the alert sounds goes off when that occurs.

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I run quite a few mods, but the issue only started occuring after adding the three Star Wars mods. Happens no matter the speed the game is running at.

Quick attached a list of mods I'm running.

same thing happened to me . .  game literally closed on me . .  i guess this mod is still buggy. I might have remove it but i'll test it again to be sure.

RoboticManiac

Quote from: Canute on May 08, 2017, 03:04:15 AM
Noone else reported something similar yet here.
And jecrell need at last the error log.
Enable the developer mode at the option.
Then after you load the colony open the debug log with one of the small icons on top.
With the green button "share logs" you can upload the error log, and you should post the link here.
When you got an red error at the end of the log too, you can copy it at the clipboard with the copy button and post it here too.
That's just the thing, there are no errors- Nothing gets thrown up. Everything is ticking along quite well and normal until the game simply locks up entirely. It doesn't even bother to crash for me.

I've left it running for about two IRL hours to see if anything would happen, but nothing does.

jecrell

Quote from: SoldierGG1 on May 08, 2017, 08:18:29 AM
is there gonna be a combat realism patch?

No there will not.
There might be a patch for CE, but CR is closed and not being updated for A17.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Parsival

Okay, you updated the Force mod and the update should fix force pull and force push, but it still doesnt work... and pls rework the vibro weapons because they are ridiculously strong, I know they have to keep up with the lightsaber and stuff but then pls buff the blasters. The vibros are also really easy to craft and they reflect Bolts way to easily. (Especially the Staff) This is a minor thing, but its kinda unrealistic that you can reflect arrows with the lightsabers. Also if you need any help , I'll try to help, just tell me.

Endconquerer

How do I troubleshoot this? I loaded the force and lightsaber mods but they aren't appearing anywhere in the game?

khearn

Quote from: Endconquerer on May 09, 2017, 05:50:50 PM
How do I troubleshoot this? I loaded the force and lightsaber mods but they aren't appearing anywhere in the game?

They can be hard to spot early on. The various force backgrounds aren't super common, so you can reroll a bunch witout seeing any of them. You can either just reroll a lot until you see "Force sensitive", or "Gray Padawan" or something similar. Or you can go into the scenario editor and add a trait to force Force Sensitive to be 50% likely or something like that. Unfortunately, you can't seem to specify multiple force traits in the scenario editor, so you can't say "50% force sensitive, and if that doesn't happen, 40% sith padawan, or 30% jedi padawan". They're mutually exclusive (which makes sense), and the editor just refuses to allow multiple mutually exclusive traits. It would be nice if it allowed giving chances, but if it rolled the first one, it wouldn't allow later ones.

If nothing else, seeing the traits in the scenario editor will confirm that you have the force mod installed.

And if you're just adding the mods to a game that's already in progress, your existing characters won't be effected. If you get lucky, you might get new characters appearing with force traits. But as I mentioned, they aren't terribly common. So you really do want to start a new game.

As for lightsabers, you have to get up to researching component assembly before you get the option to make them, so they aren't very visible early on. In a recent game I got an early caravan with a couple of crystals and a lightsaber internals for sale. But that's not a given.  You could use the scenario editor at the start of a new game to add an item for a lightsaber in the editor as well. Or there's always dev mode.

Keith

jecrell

Quote from: Parsival on May 09, 2017, 12:40:54 PM
Okay, you updated the Force mod and the update should fix force pull and force push, but it still doesnt work... and pls rework the vibro weapons because they are ridiculously strong, I know they have to keep up with the lightsaber and stuff but then pls buff the blasters. The vibros are also really easy to craft and they reflect Bolts way to easily. (Especially the Staff) This is a minor thing, but its kinda unrealistic that you can reflect arrows with the lightsabers. Also if you need any help , I'll try to help, just tell me.

Force pull works on ground objects at level 1. This does not include characters or animals. I've updated the descriptions in the A17 build. I also just fixed a Force Push/Force Pull issue with animals in the A17 branch.

We're aware that A16 has problems with the crafting recipes for Vibroweapons. We're looking into Vibroweapon tweaks for A17.

Help me out a bit there. How can I differentiate between a "wooden" projectile, a "laser" projectile, and a "metal" projectile in C#? Currently, projectiles are not defined that way in their XML definitions. They are simply named that way. So let's say I handle special cases for vanilla bows and pillas. Then what about modded bows and other wooden weapons? They wouldn't be able to be handled.

Thanks for your feedback!
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

Parsival

I honestly have no Idea of how this all stuff works, but I think if you/your Team added more weapons of The Star Wars universe into the mod, there wouldnt be reason to use other Weapon mods. I know this is probably a ton of work to do, and you'd have to code alot, but i think it is a good solution for now. When I said, i try to help i didnt mean to code or something, im sorry i should have clarified this. But if you need textures or Ideas or sources for stuff that is in Star Wars, i'll gladly help. I know, this is big talk and not that much behind it but it would be great. But I think this is heading into a Total Conversion with my advice. So I dont know. It might be now worth all the hard work you/your Team is doing but yeah... just an Idea.

Dragoon

Quote from: Parsival on May 10, 2017, 08:56:10 AM
I honestly have no Idea of how this all stuff works, but I think if you/your Team added more weapons of The Star Wars universe into the mod, there wouldnt be reason to use other Weapon mods.

But I think this is heading into a Total Conversion with my advice. So I dont know. It might be now worth all the hard work you/your Team is doing but yeah... just an Idea.

I'd disagree people will use other weapon mods because we like them. Adding in more weapons won't fix that. Not that there is anything to fix about it, as it adds variety and if someone only wants star wars weapons they would not get any other weapon pack anyway.

And second, a total conversion would ruin this. I love that it fits in with he game without changes the game. It adds and expands on the current universe. If this were a conversion, it would definitely ruin it. Full conversions mean low compatibility, which means a ton of problems when there did not need to be them (at least for this mod).

There are many people who like universes but would like to mix and match them or add in something they felt that it lacked. The way this is currently setup allows for that. If they only want star wars they can only get star wars the same way. The way the mod currently is is a win-win.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Justas love

Okay... i dont even know what to say, i mean the force is just not there.... there is no bar when i click on a colonist and there are no errors... so i dunno. And in the debug when i start a new colony it doesnt really detect the force mod. it says it detects the lightsabers and stuff, but there is no ''detected force mod'' or whatever...

khearn

I'm really enjoying the Star Wars mods. They are very nicely implemented.

However, I've encountered some seriously overpowered raids from Star Wars factions in my last two A17 games, and wonder if they might need some balancing tweaks.  In my current game, I just got up to 5 pawns (I just had a wanderer arrive who is 74 years old and unable to do violent), my previous raid was a non-Star Wars pirate faction raid of 5 pawns (I had 4 at that time) with no armor and the best weapons were a chain shotgun and steel gladius. Them, I could handle with my starting survivale rifle, pistol and plasteel knife.

But I just had a raid arrive from a wretched hive of scum and villany with 7 pawns, all in at least armor vests, and 2 in power armor (one normal 89% , the other normal 99%). Everyone has blaster or blaster rifles. Both of the pawns in power armor have good blaster rifles. Just those two alone would have more firepower and armor than my entire colony.

This seems like a bit much. At this point, I'm seriously considering moving a bunch of steel and other valuable stuff outside and send my 74 year old newcomer out to greet the raid and have everyone else hunker down indoors, hoping they'll down her and decide to just kidnap her, steal a bunch of the valuable stuff that's outside, and leave. I certainly can't hope to fight this crowd and win. I'm less than a year into a creashlanding scenario game, I haven't even researched microelectronics basics yet (admittedly, my research has been a little slow this time), previous raids (all from vanilla factions) have been nothing compared to this.

In my last game, I also got this kind of a raid from a Star Wars faction, where the attackers outnumbered my pawns by about 1.5 to 1, and all had armor and blasters against my people with no armor and a motley assortment of rifles and pistols. They proceeded to easily down every one of my colonists, kidnapped half of them, stole a bunch of stuff, and left  the others for dead.

I realize that raids from Start Wars factions are going to have blasters, and thus will out-tech me early on. But I think maybe the numbers need to be toned down a bit.

This is playing Cassandra rough, BTW.

blaxblade

The Force Storm don't work, is the only force power with no effect, all other power work well